New monolith project - Blood3? Fear3? NOLF3? Place your bet

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Yeah, we had a big discussion here about how that new project might be a Shogo Game. (In which case I'd J.I.M.P.)
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Slink wrote:Yeah, we had a big discussion here about how that new project might be a Shogo Game. (In which case I'd J.I.M.P.)
:lol: Yeah I should get around to playing Shogo again sometime. I only played part of the beginning. I still hope there will be something good in store for the future of Blood, though. :twisted:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I actually never played Shogo. :oops:
Corbin
Zealot

Post by Corbin »

Just noticed this job opening:

Sr. Software Engineer, Engine - Monolith Productions - #113767 - Monolith Productions [11.06.09]

So yeah, they aren't dead!
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I'll send in my Resume and if for some remote chance they hire me, I wont give you guys any information at all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just messing.

Ransu, how do you like Torchlight? I have been playing it too. Pretty awesome IMO.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I Live...AGAIN wrote:Ransu, how do you like Torchlight? I have been playing it too. Pretty awesome IMO.
Yeah it's a lot like the first Diablo except it has a dark cartoon look to it. I was playing as the alchemist class on it. I'll have to play it again once I get some computer problems straightened out.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

cruxdustrial wrote:I just confirmed, it isn't Blood 3. Monolith recently cancelled their copyright/trademark on the Blood franchise with no intention of using it now or in the future. The trademark on Shogo however is LIVE. And because Monolith DOES NOT own the rights to the NOLF franchise, my bet is on a Shogo 2.

Information on Blood :
Word Mark BLOOD
Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: computer game software, downloadable from a global computer network and available in CD-ROM format. FIRST USE: 19940822. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19970323
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 75302399
Filing Date May 28, 1997
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition March 24, 1998
Registration Number 2233394
Registration Date March 23, 1999
Owner (REGISTRANT) Monolith Productions, Inc. CORPORATION WASHINGTON 10517 N.E. 38th Place Kirkland WASHINGTON 98033
(LAST LISTED OWNER) WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC. CORPORATION DELAWARE 4000 WARNER BOULEVARD TRADEMARK DEPT. BURBANK CALIFORNIA 91522
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Avis Frazier-Thomas
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Cancellation Date October 24, 2009

Information on Blood 2 The Chosen:
Word Mark BLOOD II: THE CHOSEN
Goods and Services (ABANDONED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer software, namely computer video game programs on CD ROM and DVD
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 75470824
Filing Date April 20, 1998
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition February 23, 1999
Owner (APPLICANT) Monolith Productions, Inc. CORPORATION WASHINGTON 10516 N.E. 37th Circle P. O. Box 3268 Kirkland WASHINGTON 98083
Attorney of Record KEVIN J COLLETTE
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Abandonment Date November 19, 1999

In summary, Blood 3 is not happening. Say goodbye to the Blood franchise. Rest In Peace
The above is duplicated in Split: Blood TM canceled. The topic spun away from speculation about the next Monolith game. Comments about the TM should be directed there, thank you.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

So this means no source code either? :(
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Well, with the new information it looks like either another FEAR (Please NO!) or Shogo2 (Fingers Crossed)

I guess it could also be another entirely new game. (monolith has a history of keeping totally silent, then dropping bombs at the E shows)

As far as the source, I'm not sure if this information has any effect on weather it will be released or not.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

It might also be another "Condemned" game. Some one mentioned that there was a movie announced based off the first game, perhaps earlier in the thread?

Anyway it looks like the movie "The Unforgettable" is still on track for a 2011 release. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780609/
There was an article at GameSpot, announcing the movie back in 2007.

Monolith's current homepage certainly suggests that it could be "Condemned" related. Unless, of course, it's an entirely new game called "Quarantined", that word is plastered all over.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Not having played any of the FEAR games I don't have an opinion, but a lot of people have said Condemned wasn't up to par. I wonder if it was big commercially.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Well it's a shame that Nolf sounds unlikely because i just had another go of Nolf2 today and it really is a very good game, a new one would be very cool to see all the various gadgets diverse enviroments and 60'ts style in glorious modern graphics, not to mention an updated Kate model :shock:
cruxdustrial
Cultist

Post by cruxdustrial »

RedFanatic wrote:Well it's a shame that Nolf sounds unlikely because i just had another go of Nolf2 today and it really is a very good game, a new one would be very cool to see all the various gadgets diverse enviroments and 60'ts style in glorious modern graphics, not to mention an updated Kate model :shock:
Okay. And what exactly do you expect Monolith or WBIE to do? They don't own the rights. Maybe you should write Vivendi and ask them to get interested in NOLF again. Just so everyone is clear, FEAR 3 is happening, and WBIE made no secret that it would happen. FEAR 3 for the WIN!
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

cruxdustrial wrote:Just so everyone is clear, FEAR 3 is happening, and WBIE made no secret that it would happen. FEAR 3 for the WIN!
So when they finally make a third for something it has to be for F.E.A.R?

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy...

Okay, to be fair I have never played F.E.A.R. But still...
cruxdustrial
Cultist

Post by cruxdustrial »

Even before FEAR 2 was released, a FEAR 3 was no secret. It was planned as a trilogy since the production days of FEAR. 2 & 3 were very intentional. I don't think anyone should be surprised. 1 leaves off on a cliffhanger, 2 leaves off on a cliffhanger, etc. It's even possible that 3 will end off on a cliffhanger, in which case, a 4 is a given. Now as for the Condemned series, it would shock me if they continued it because it hasn't sold as well as they expected, but then again, FEAR hasn't either. Let's hope they are working on a Shogo 2 along with FEAR 3, eh? I will say that the Quarantined state of the homepage does have the aesthetics and look of a Condemned game. So maybe a Condemned 3?
So when they finally make a third for something it has to be for F.E.A.R?
They could skip Shogo 2 and go right to Shogo 3. That might be a historical first.

Addendum & personal note: I see now what was meant when I was told of the activity here as compared to PostMortem. This place is becoming so dead, the activity is not near as much as at PostMortem. Even my recent disclosures, which I consider to be quite serious, were not able to stir much activity and seem to have gone by almost entirely unnoticed, as if I had said nothing at all. This saddens me. Yet when I weigh propriety and treatment, at Transfusion I have been treated like a friend, I cant say the same for Postmortem.