Mmm... Brains...

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Mic
Axe Zombie

Mmm... Brains...

Post by Mic »

__Image
_____________________________:shooting: Work in progress
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Man, what's wrong with its body? Female legs and male torso don't fit together well. :zombie:
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

Hellen wrote:Image
Man, what's wrong with its body? Female legs and male torso don't fit together well. :zombie:
lol
Mic
Axe Zombie

Post by Mic »

Muscle atrophy?
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

...And me without a sawed off... :cry:
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Mic wrote:Muscle atrophy?
No, not just muscles. Skeleton structure - that's what is wrong: pelvis and waist too narrow, the whole upper half too long. That looks weird.
But the skin work is quite decent. Just change his clothes: those shorts look very funny!
Mic
Axe Zombie

Post by Mic »

I could shift up the pelvis some, I agree from the image it looks bit off. I was going for a skinny zombie, with some minor decay. Beefing up the lower half of the mesh might also help. THe model is based off of the default bip head model in max. As for the clothing, I was not sure what to do. But whatever it was it needed to be somewhat re-usable for re-texturing a few different versions. I looked up zombie fashion, but all they want to do is eat brains!?
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

There's some really good texture work on that skin, Mic.

I really like that head. But I agree that there's just something not quite right with his body. He currently looks a bit too feminine and awkward, and his clothes kind of make him look like a zombie transvestite.

But I'm confident that you'll be able to somehow help him overcome his current problems. :)

Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

My suggestion would be to increase the width of the waist at the belt line; if it is a male figure then the ratio of waist:thighs should be closer to 1:1. Shifting the pelvis up will also help the proportions between legs and torso, but it doesn't need to go too far.

When a zombie reanimates it's left wearing whatever the deceased had, be it casual clothing, pyjamas, hospital gown, or nothing at all. Just take a "common" pair of shorts and t-shirt, then rough them up with the remnants of decaying flesh, tears and dirt.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

the belt looks like its from abercrombie and Fitch or something as well. THe head looks decent tho
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Everybody loves zombies.....
Mic
Axe Zombie

Post by Mic »

Thank for the feed back! I normally work on objects/vehicles - stuff that is not normally organic in shape, (example) Anyway, I had about an hour tonight to adjust the mesh. I fed the zombie some brains high in fat. :ninja: ... You can see the updated one on the right. As far as characters go, this is my second one ever. So it's great to hear the model isn't total crap! :evillaugh:

My first character model was about a month ago: http://radpact.com/samples/chic/chic_sample_lg.jpg
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Sorry Mic, but after seeing that last photo I just couldn't help myself.

They really do look like a happy couple though.

I think that lack of sleep may be affecting my judgement, and I mean no offence. :wink:

Keep up the good work!
Mic
Axe Zombie

Post by Mic »

LOL!!! And look, matching outfits! :evillaugh: