Blood Western Kind of World ?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Blood Western Kind of World ?

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hey there guys there was something that was bothering me for a long time, is that doesn't is blood not suposed to be like wild west with saloon and horses and guns shops and kind of things ? :?
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Re: Blood Western Kind of World ?

Post by Phosphoric Acid »

TheChosenOne wrote:is blood not suposed to be like wild west with saloon and horses and guns shops and kind of things ?
Caleb’s past maybe, but as in game, i don't recall seeing any of those things you've listed. Blood's level theme is sorta all over the place as you go through episodes.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Not possible due to engine limitations, how do u think horses would look in build? NAM developers tried to invent some huge object in game like tanks..
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

I don't see the problem with horses, they'd just be sprites after all, not necessarily 3D objects.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Doom got away with the Cyber Demons and Chaingun Spiders rather well, too.
Daedolon
Cultist

Post by Daedolon »

Ghost wrote:Not possible due to engine limitations, how do u think horses would look in build? NAM developers tried to invent some huge object in game like tanks..
Ever played Outlaws? It's perfect. (it's not build but it is another raycaster anyway).
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

ah maybe thats just my opinion but i think highly pixelated images look awful.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Daedolon wrote:
Ghost wrote:Not possible due to engine limitations, how do u think horses would look in build? NAM developers tried to invent some huge object in game like tanks..
Ever played Outlaws? It's perfect. (it's not build but it is another raycaster anyway).
the horses in that only looked good because they had 16 angles.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Daedolon wrote:
Outlaws is awesome
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Calebs Wild west connection was years before the events in Blood,
he must have met Opheila back in the 1800's and then spent years building
a reputation in the Cabal to be one of the Chosen
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

To add to what RF said, Blood takes place years after Caleb dies in the "wild west" era. It is closer to the WWI era when he awakens. (1920's? cant remember/too lazy to look it up.)
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheChosenOne »

Then if it's between world war 2, what kind of location are there normal i mean what citys or towns, i mean like the first map of episode 3 wich town was it based on?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Towns? I though town consists of more than 4 buildings. There's no town it based on since a lot of towns must have structures like it. But indeed some ww elements could be found like machine guns from aquaducts also most of the arsenal is from ww era.
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

TheChosenOne wrote:the first map of episode 3 wich town was it based on?
I don't think it's based on an actual town, most of Bloods levels are simply from the imagination. It's just like looking at maps from episode 1; the phantom express doesn't exist although a film was created with the exact title. There’s lot of spoofs and parodies in Blood, most maps don't always roll with the story. When i play blood i honestly couldn't care less about the story, the game play is simply amazing so the levels to me don't have to make any sense, if one minute you're in a shopping mall and then suddenly you're in a mansion, so what, who cares, at least you're having fun.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

TheChosenOne wrote:Then if it's between world war 2, what kind of location are there normal i mean what citys or towns, i mean like the first map of episode 3 wich town was it based on?
Blood is based on and influenced by horror (and SF) flicks, stories, hell even poems. Not actual events.
Are you just yankin' our chain or are your questions really serious? :?