What if you had made Blood 2?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Technocide
Axe Zombie

What if you had made Blood 2?

Post by Technocide »

Srsly.
Now i noticed there was a similar thread recently but its sorta died.
I also noticed theres been a few threads on "Blood 2 ruined the storyline" threads.
So lets just have a big single "What if you had made Blood 2?" thread
and we can discuss,agree and dream on what could and would have made this game true and bloody...and maybe one day we could put those ideas together and create a fan-made unofficial sequel to Blood (i would but i suck at coding,mapping and modelling ._. )

Heres what i would have done.

- Made the game on a slightly graphically enhanced Quake 3 Engine
- Released it sometime in late 2001\early 2002
- Developed it from 1998 to 2001 or something (Concept and Planning stage from Q1 1998 to Q3 1999 then development stage from Q3 1999 to Q4 2001...i'd like to learn how to make a game some day)
- Better storyline of course
- Set it in present day instead of a frooked up near-future
- Kept it continuous and in 4 parts but have 8 levels for each part
- Make the levels big,non-linear,cool and have more easter-eggs and secrets
- More pop culture references, but mainly to various games and movies like Scream and Undying xD
- Better music...mainly creepy horror movie ambient music.(the music in Blood 2 wasn't too bad but...it wasn't blood)
- More blood-like settings like Mansions,Malls,Desert and stuff instead of labs and sewers (The apartment building was cool tho...as were the cathedrals)
- Key finding,button puzzles and maybe some other puzzles involving hidden messages :) (c'mon you have to admit they can be fun when done right)
- The same weapon system blood 2 had but with some weapons taken away and some added on
- PITCHFORK!!!!
- FLAMING PITCHFORK!!!
- More items and powerups
- Made More enemy types
- Made Better Boss fights
- No Cabalco s***
- Included level editor

Damn i should really stop here.
Its fun to dream.
So post your thoughts people :D
Last edited by Technocide on Wed Aug 01, 2007 06:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
kurt
master of the universe

Re: What if you had made Blood 2?

Post by kurt »

Technocide wrote:...and maybe one day we could put those ideas together and create a fan-made unofficial sequel to Blood (i would but i suck at coding,mapping and modelling ._. )
You may be interested to know that a project such as this is already currently in development.

Some of your ideas will eventually see the light of day though, such as the creepy ambient music, more enemy types, and the return of the pitchfork, amongst other things.
Last edited by kurt on Wed Aug 01, 2007 03:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technocide
Axe Zombie

Post by Technocide »

There is?
Where?
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

quake 3 engine? *vomit*
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

no "cabalco sh*t"?????

F U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:)
Technocide
Axe Zombie

Post by Technocide »

Gila wrote:quake 3 engine? *vomit*
Wow i didn't think we had any Unreal engine fanboys here
I like any good engine

Gila wrote:no "cabalco sh*t"?????

F U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:)
How old are you?
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

seriously though i play cpma pretty much often here at the local network. i don't like unreal series at all; i just don't think that q3 engine would be good for blood game.

i'd go with painkiller engine.

and i just happen to like the cabalco stuff. blood 2 had nice ideas, the sad thing is that half of them didn't even make the game and the other half was done really half-assed when they rushed the game to release.

my initial reply was as such because this is probably the third time a thread like this pops up, like, "what would you do/add/remove in blood1/2"?

so there.
Technocide
Axe Zombie

Post by Technocide »

Okay
I know alot of these threads have been made.
But i sort of like them and most seem to end up discussing lithtech and then simply dying
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Technocide wrote:There is?
Where?
The Blood 2 mod thread is about repairing the mistakes that were made with Blood 2, and then creating a more proper sequel to Blood. A lot of work has already been done, with a great deal more left to be completed.

It seems though that only a few people here really feel like providing any thoughts or ideas on how to improve this game. Although I would be interested in hearing some other opinions as well.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

yeah, well, it's probably because blood II was more or less a disapointment to alot of blood fans (some even brushed it right off for being "in the future") and the whole theme that "blood II sucks and buggy and unfinished" has been discussed to death.

the addon (nightmare leves) - was just laughable.

it's a shame really because if they would really work hard they could pull off a great game (blood 3 i mean) but they would need most of original staff who worked on the first one.

since it's known what has been left out of the game, pleople blame the developers/publishers and lithtech engine of course... and it really sucked in terms of modding ability... the level editor alone was nightmare for me while q3radiant was a cakewalk though.

so i dunno. lol. blood 2... controversial game.
Technocide
Axe Zombie

Post by Technocide »

I thought the Blood 2 mod was just...a blood related mod for Blood 2 (and a damn nice one)
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

[offtopic]Blood-spilling algorithm in B2 is one of few things made like in original Blood. It lost most of its great haunting atmosphere of with those modern offices which are often made terribly. Nightmares add-on is tiny but has a little of it. [/offtopic]:(
bhlaab
Axe Zombie

Post by bhlaab »

kurt wrote:
Where?
The Blood 2 mod thread is about repairing the mistakes that were made with Blood 2, and then creating a more proper sequel to Blood. A lot of work has already been done, with a great deal more left to be completed.

It seems though that only a few people here really feel like providing any thoughts or ideas on how to improve this game. Although I would be interested in hearing some other opinions as well.
If you're trying to remake blood 2 on the blood 2 engine you're missing the biggest problem of them all.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Heh, true. Although, he is actually trying to fix code in the B2 Lithtech engine, i think.
Technocide
Axe Zombie

Post by Technocide »

bhlaab wrote:
kurt wrote:
Where?

If you're trying to remake blood 2 on the blood 2 engine you're missing the biggest problem of them all.
xD I couldn't agree more
But Kurts project looks to be shaping well