Blood 2 ?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Blood 2 ?

Post by TheChosenOne »

If you where working on blood 2, what kind of ideas would you use?
I mean i know i have heard from guys that they don't like blood 2 that much, tell me why, i mean what is different from the orignal? what would the world look like in your blood 2, weapons, enemies, story? tell me?
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

the techno synth music for the maps I do not prefer in Blood 2 compared to the brilliant tunes (especially midi) we hear in Blood 1. Seriously, the tune that plays during E1M2 just creates a really cool and somber atmosphere. I can't explain it. In fact, all the tunes work well for their map's mood.

I like the old graphics of the original ove the 'sleeker' Blood 2. Too much eye candy. THese newer games make you feel liek you're touring Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. I like it grainy and gritty and I like sprites that face me even when I run around it.

Blood 2 was supposed to be bigger and better of course, but it lacks charm
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Blood 2 is an okay game, it's just not a fitting sequel to Blood which was for it's time
and is even now pretty much Perfect
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

- schedule it for may 2000
- more actual blood
- don't get GT's staff involved
- focus last 8 months on level design
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Re: Blood 2 ?

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

TheChosenOne wrote:I mean i know i have heard from guys that they don't like blood 2 that much, tell me why, i mean what is different from the orignal?
It's a topic like this that reminds me I'm turning into an old man.

Thankfully not a whinging old man though, otherwise I'd be whinging about Blood 2 in a topic like this.

Honestly, there needs to be a sticky on "Issues with Blood 2", because I'm tired of being re-informed with the same old complaints.

And yes yes yes, I realise I'm being a whinging old man by posting a reply like this, but I felt it needed to be said.

As for Blood 2, I liked it, despite some of its bugs. Recently, a couple of mods have enchanced that enjoyment for me. I (at least currently) have no real desire to change it. Blood is Blood. Blood 2 is Blood 2. And they're both great.

And I like Ophelia in Blood 2.

:phantasm:
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheChosenOne »

oke but the game i mean the levels do you think the game should always be round old era or on future? would it make a any difference if it was in the future or in the past
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

damn straight, because the future sucks.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

If say there was a Blood 3
And I had anything to do with it I would set it after Blood 1 but before Blood2
so around 1990-2000, but i'd add in all manner of wierd not quite right tech things like Blood 1
with it's 1920's tesla cannons hehe
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

I hate the future.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

the 1800's are cool
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

my Blood 2

Post by scar3crow »

Tchernobog was saved from your wrath only through his ambition and arrogance. He assumed he was powerful enough to stop you, and anxious to consume your power and throw open the gates between the worlds he readily assumed a physical form for the immediate invasion he planned, shortly after crushing you under heel.

But it didn't work out that way, you were fierce, and his physical form lacked the power, and thus he was thrust back into the non-corporeal, The Dreaming God once more.

Neither alive nor dead, you become the vindictive vagabond, roaming America and Europe, until the world enters into conflict once again. The war to end all wars they say, but it is just another war you have no interest in. Something does interest you however, the whispers in taverns, figures in the far thrown shadows of a moonlit graveyard. They are re-assembling. They are inspired by his divining madness. The Cabal have faith once again, as their long feared god was merely absent, but far from destroyed.

Seizing township, citizens of all manner, recruiting through the draconian verbosity of their dagger tongues, the Cabal grows strong under the shadow of the world war, entrenching itself deep within eastern Europe and the American west once again, you must seek out its prophets and discern with shell and blade where their newfound madness' inspiration comes from.

A vagabond no more, but yet again a undead crusader to wreak hell upon those who dared betray you, seek out the Cabal in their lands! Slay their minions, and dispose of The One Who Binds' new disciples of all the corners of the earth dread, even more than this great war.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

i liked blood2's setting. it was pretty good. it was other things that just ruined the game to hell.

for all i care, i'd love to see a good remake and extended version of original game on some modern engine. with detail at least of painkiller level.

for that you need all the original members and lots of money and time.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Blood 3 should be set during a prehistoric time.

Blood with dinosaurs. Caleb gets a loin cloth. Monolith invents a sledgehammer joypad.

This thread is more constructive than I at first thought.

:phantasm:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Caleb keeps the hat, right? So we'd have our protagonist... running around in a loin cloth and hat chucking spears at dinosaurs? I doubt he'd have guns if he was in prehistoric times... so yeah I like chucking spears.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Nah man it could be like the flinstones. Bedrock Cabal! And guns are made out of stones!