project coordination (art, sound)

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

wangho
Acolyte

project coordination (art, sound)

Post by wangho »

Does anyone have an idea of how to share new custom art and sounds with RedFanatic for this project we're working on? I want him to check out the new stuff I have made up and when I sent the art .gifs and rff file, they didnt show up for him. I think I can get sounds to work for him, but not sure about the art. Any ideas about the best way to do this?
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Post by Phosphoric Acid »

Did you send the files through private message, email or other?

If private messaging, direct linking is a possible solution, sometimes it’s better for the person to download.

If email, did you place all files within a zip folder, then attach it to the email? Sometimes zip folders are recommended for compressing and storing/sending large or multiple files, plus keeping the files contained within it safe.

If other, please list.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

No i can get the files fine, the problem arises when i try to play Blood with
the new Custom Content.

There has to be some elaborate installer/unpacker thing involved i think well
all teh other Blood addons with Custom stuff usually has that type of thing.
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

You can retain old content only with Blgroup used in TCC. :evillaugh:
(I'd dig it up for you but its on my old comp back in my home country)

For sharing content and working on it, set up a private forum or website and upload the updated files (Blood content files .art .rff etc, not the separate content themselves) with version numbers, so that each member can work with the latest files. Set up a time table or take turns for the updates so that they don't conflict.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Windows Live Messenger has a sharing folder system on it where you share certain files with certain people.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

well, this has more to do with my art working in someone else's editor. The actual distribution (e-mail, etc) is not a problem.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Harry wrote:You can retain old content only with Blgroup used in TCC. :evillaugh:
(I'd dig it up for you but its on my old comp back in my home country)

For sharing content and working on it, set up a private forum or website and upload the updated files (Blood content files .art .rff etc, not the separate content themselves) with version numbers, so that each member can work with the latest files. Set up a time table or take turns for the updates so that they don't conflict.
I need to group the custom art together into a tiles.art file correct? and overwrite some pre-existing art?
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

is this right? Because I dont know how and really need to know the correct way. Sooner im helped out on this, the sooner this bloody ball of joy comes out
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

I believe you can use this program to replace sprites:
http://rtcm.thecomitatus.com/knowledge- ... astART.zip
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

boss429 wrote:I believe you can use this program to replace sprites:
http://rtcm.thecomitatus.com/knowledge- ... astART.zip
Im not thinknig I even have to replace art. All my custom art is very last of the tiles in mapedit and a new file called tiles18.art was created in the dir. I successfully transfered tiles18.art (custom art) and the .gif files to a brand new Blood directory, and it worked! The new art showed up.

Im just curious, because I notice that custom art for Bloodlines and TCC replaced original Blood art and im left wondering why that had to happen? Why replace anything?