*New Blood-1 addon* - *OUT NOW*

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Yeah so far anyway my Level design plan for this Addon is as realisticly
linear as possible so if i do it right there will be no "so how did Caleb get to this place?" or "where dose that road go?" questions because everything will be
connected, so although i will be hiding as many secrets about the place as
i can the player won't be in too much brain trouble as long as they think
it's real,

also the main aim for me in this is to create some really cool Gunz blazing
action and nice uick-ish level flow is important for that.
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Post by Phosphoric Acid »

This is going to be a blast no doubt; it'll be one of the major releases for blood, just my conception of self opinion. I used to construct blood maps back in the day, but due to an unfortunate event of time passing onwards and new technology being released, the past have trouble with the present, so I can't get Mapedit to work on my XP system, plus its having the time, where do you guys get all the time? Quite impressive.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Ah yes the time :? lot's of it is needed thats for sure,
well i can't speak for Wangho but to be honest i didn't have the time really
so i now just sleep less usually my editing sessions start at 1:00 or 2:00 in
the morning and go till three or four :roll:

luckily the fun of mapedit sustains me :D

-------------------------------------------------------

thanks i think it will be a blast, and cool about the previous experiance
got any of your old maps about?

as for XP mapedit well this system works almost flawlessly for me
viewtopic.php?t=1074
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

More previews please. 8) 8)
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Ah, the early hours of the night ey? Still if blood map creation keeps you up and entertains you then that’s a plus. As for my maps, unfortunately they're long gone, the last map I created was 2/3 years ago, and within those years my computer has been wiped out..... Twice.

Thanks also for the link, I’ll check that out.
Also as harry says, can we see some more sneak peeks?
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Harry wrote:More previews please. 8) 8)
More!? I thought I put up too many to begin with. Soon Ill put a few more from new stuff maybe

It's not too hard to set aside 2 or 3 hours every day. I dont watch tv, so mapedit is my tv time, I guess. Saturday and Sunday afternoon Ill dedicate usually more time to it though.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

UPDATE: For those of you that have played my Nuthouse (V1) map and thought it was kind of creepy, the creepiness factor shot up by a huge percent. Ive been doing alot of revamping and tightening up on that map and there are some seriously chilling things going on in this house. The dark half of the house is a much creepier experience now and the other side of the house is even nuttier (and prettier). I hope nobody is too afraid of creepy ventriloquist dummies..
Sunken Cheeks
Rat

Post by Sunken Cheeks »

Guys those screenies are awesome!!! When will we play this bloody goodness?

An ETA, perhaps? :)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

It should be ready in about 6 mos. to 1year
Phosphoric Acid wrote:This is going to be a blast no doubt; it'll be one of the major releases for blood, just my conception of self opinion. I used to construct blood maps back in the day, but due to an unfortunate event of time passing onwards and new technology being released, the past have trouble with the present, so I can't get Mapedit to work on my XP system, plus its having the time, where do you guys get all the time? Quite impressive.

These should be fully loaded episodes and not just 3 or 4 maps an episode like most other addons. There's at least 10 maps alone for the first episode and will give an experience like the first 2 episodes of original Blood. If I didn't enjoy playing on a map that I just happen to be making, then I wouldnt be making the map at all. There shouldnt be any laggy or filler maps in the addon. Every map is getting full attention each map has its own unique character and do not feel derivative of each other. In other words, you guys are gonna like it..
Sunken Cheeks
Rat

Post by Sunken Cheeks »

wangho wrote:It should be ready in about 6 mos. to 1year
Great! Can't wait to see it in action!

I noticed that some custom graphics are used? Some of those textures reminded me of something I saw in Redneck Rampage. I hope you will not overkill this addon with those graphics. :-x People say they loved the Bloodlines, but it was so overkilled with all those non-Blood graphics that made no sense. I just hope this will be a true traditional Blood as we all know it and love it!
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Sunken Cheeks wrote:
wangho wrote:It should be ready in about 6 mos. to 1year
Great! Can't wait to see it in action!

I noticed that some custom graphics are used? Some of those textures reminded me of something I saw in Redneck Rampage. I hope you will not overkill this addon with those graphics. :-x People say they loved the Bloodlines, but it was so overkilled with all those non-Blood graphics that made no sense. I just hope this will be a true traditional Blood as we all know it and love it!
I think it's pretty traditional Blood regardless of new textures. Lots of moving sectors, secrets, fun level design, and lots of action and strategic enemy placement. There are far more new sprite textures in 'Dulce' because the setting is on old Route 66 in the desert. It needed old billboards and antique art to sell the idea. The art is old and rusty and I think it fits in quite well. I dunno... Cryptic Passage had Alaskan Malamutes and that addon is pretty well liked
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

here's some brand new images...

Swampgas

Nuthouse V2

Dulce

Cabalanche

Backlot

Mall

whew.. and that does it for now
hope you like
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Those are some spectacular images wangho, I’m further impressed with what you've created, really great work.
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

what in the world is that woman thing with the meat cleaver?
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

boss429 wrote:what in the world is that woman thing with the meat cleaver?
That's Wayland Flowers' Madame puppet that used to be on the tv show Solid Gold back in the late 70's and early 80's. The puppet always gave me the creeps. Wish I had a soundbyte of her laugh :( Supposedly, her puppeteer died in the 80's and had her buried with him. I always had this morbid thought of her popping out of the grave to live once again and she now hangs out at the Nuthouse and Backlot. The puppet is part of a sequence and you find her firstly in the Nuthouse running away upstairs in the dark side of the house.