[ README ] Probably Guide To Run Blood in High Definition...

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

StIwY
Cultist

[ README ] Probably Guide To Run Blood in High Definition...

Post by StIwY »

Boys.....

This can be a little "revolution" to all Blood's fans....

I found a method for running Blood ( classic only tested for now )in high definition 1024x768 and higher ,32bit textures, VDMSound and all the rest....

It's very simple to do.....and for me qith this method dgVoodoo can go to the recycle bin :evillaugh:

Slink i send you a pvt because the method "maybe"......maybe......illegal

STAY TUNED ALL :guns:

P.S "mod, don't close this topic for now...we must talk before..."
Last edited by StIwY on Sun Mar 18, 2007 01:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

An example 8)

StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

mooooooods

move your ass please, and reply ! :shooting:
BlueMax1916
Rat

Post by BlueMax1916 »

That's nothing special, you can even run it in 1280x1024 or 1400x1050 but it will eventually freak out.

Another thing: don't expect that the mods are monitoring the forum around the clock. Usually mods do have a real life also.

Cheers

Blue Max
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

BlueMax1916 wrote:That's nothing special, you can even run it in 1280x1024 or 1400x1050 but it will eventually freak out.

Another thing: don't expect that the mods are monitoring the forum around the clock. Usually mods do have a real life also.

Cheers

Blue Max
I never remember that i'm italian......ehehehehhe

Your clock maybe very different ! ehm..........

About the screenshot.......you say it's not special ?

Bah....dgVoodoo ( at least to me) run Blood bad than this.....

I Will post a video....
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Here's the video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DFLT4626

Some stuttering are caused by Fraps ;)
BlueMax1916
Rat

Post by BlueMax1916 »

No, sorry, a misunderstanding. I did not mean your screenshot is nothing special. I meant running Blood in higher resolutions is nothing special as it will run even in 1400x1050 resolution.

So you are saying you did not run Blood in dgVoodoo to make this screenshot. Judging from the title of your video you ran Blood with Glidos then? Or how does the method work you found out?

Cheers

Blue Max
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

BlueMax1916 wrote:No, sorry, a misunderstanding. I did not mean your screenshot is nothing special. I meant running Blood in higher resolutions is nothing special as it will run even in 1400x1050 resolution.

So you are saying you did not run Blood in dgVoodoo to make this screenshot. Judging from the title of your video you ran Blood with Glidos then? Or how does the method work you found out?

Cheers

Blue Max
Ah ok :D

But in fact the higher resolution it's not a surprise for me.......the real suprise is instead that we can go around the payment of Glidos who emulate NEARLY PERFECT 3dfx Blood !

Yes......the method is Glidos....

It's very surprising me :shock:

I never thinked who emulate 3dfx Blood NEAR PERFECT :guns: much much better than dgVoodoo...... :)

I tried some files...some configuration of Glidos...but as you will know Glidos is shareware and must be payed for his utilization

I searching all the day in p2p and i found Glidos 1.32 already purchased....the other version can't be cracked for now...

Then..i downloaded latest Glidos 1.36 shareware and i simply copy che "Glide2x.dll" ( version 2.43.09 = thath it improves performance...the other files they were the same...

In two words..... Glidos 1.32 have the SAME ( just perfect ) performance of Glidos 1.36 after update "Glide2x.dll".....it changes alone the main menù of glidos.exe :D but i'ts not a problem.....because the Glidos.ini and OpenGlide.ini are modificable manually however....

I can say...FINALLY with this method i can play Blood with perfect bilinear filtered textures !

However i tested only classic Blood.....but i creed thath the other Blood's expansions would have to work....... :evillaugh:

I only wait for the ok.......so i'll write the guide for the other users
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

You can write up a how-to, just leave the bits about "cracking" GLIDOS out of it.

You might want to include what hardware you used in your process as well so people can judge if it will work for them or not. I've had little luck with GLIDOS myself.
Last edited by DustyStyx on Sun Mar 18, 2007 02:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Cruaich wrote:You can write up a how-to, just leave the bits about "cracking" GLIDOS out of it.
it would not have sense ihihihiihih

perhaps it is better i think to close this topic...... :headshot:
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

dont close it, continue this thread
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

hit f5
select the bottom most menu item
oh whoopee wow you're running blood at 1280x1024 or 1600x1200
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

CheapAlert wrote:hit f5
select the bottom most menu item
oh whoopee wow you're running blood at 1280x1024 or 1600x1200
The good isn't this ( the resolution can be modified in the menu of Glidos too )

The good is instead the emulation of Glidos about 3dfx support, that it happens very well in already little clicks !

dgVoodoo in comparison seems trash :oops:

But.....the problem is thath we can't speak of Glidos registered version......so....to that it serves to maintain open this topic ? :shrug:

P.S Remember to watch the video " http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DFLT4626 "
BlueMax1916
Rat

Post by BlueMax1916 »

StIwY wrote: dgVoodoo in comparison seems trash :oops:
DeGe put a lot of work into his glide wrapper and he made it available for free. So I don't like your attitude towards dgVoodoo. dgVoodoo runs a lot of games very well for example classics like Red Baron II/3D. Blood may not have the best achievable results but it runs flawlessly. Currently dgVoodoo is the best freely available glide wrapper. Fact.

Glidos on the other hand is optimised on some games but the author wants money for all the time he put into his wrapper. Just 10 US-$ that equals to about 8 Euro. That is not much money compared to the fun you can have.

There is not much to say about a guide. Just follow the steps written in the thread Improved Blood on XP and additionally patch the 3dfx.exe.

Then setup a glide wrapper be it Glidos or dgVoodoo. Finished.

Cheers

Blue Max
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

BlueMax1916 wrote: DeGe put a lot of work into his glide wrapper and he made it available for free. So I don't like your attitude towards dgVoodoo. dgVoodoo runs a lot of games very well for example classics like Red Baron II/3D. Blood may not have the best achievable results but it runs flawlessly. Currently dgVoodoo is the best freely available glide wrapper. Fact.
If you talking about software FREEWARE, ok, dgVoodoo maybe the best.......but if we talk about the ABSOLUTE BEST wrapper ( about Blood, other games not interesting in this topic ), well...Glidos is much better, and this is an example that works better:

Glidos:

dgVoodoo:

As you see dgVoodoo make textures are smoothed only in one direction, whereas Glidos gives true bilinear interpolation. ;)

BlueMax1916 wrote:Glidos on the other hand is optimised on some games but the author wants money for all the time he put into his wrapper. Just 10 US-$ that equals to about 8 Euro. That is not much money compared to the fun you can have.
Mmmmmm..............the world of p2p ? :D
BlueMax1916 wrote:There is not much to say about a guide. Just follow the steps written in the thread Improved Blood on XP and additionally patch the 3dfx.exe.

Then setup a glide wrapper be it Glidos or dgVoodoo. Finished.

Cheers

Blue Max
Thanks for info but i already know this :shooting:

Bye