A Project I have Been Working On For Blood2....

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Actually -ED, I'm looking for some more level ideas if you have any. Maybe some sketches or even just layout ideas. I'm working on a few myself but I would like to have at least 8-12 maps in all for the project.

My idea is to have a more Blood-type feel and design, obviously. I like the rural, more creepy type settings, I didn't care too much for the Blood2 urban-type settings much.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Hi ILA. I'm very sorry that I can't offer you my help on mapping for your project, but I really can't force myself to work with Dedit. I just can't. :(

But if you need any other help, with making some modifications, maybe to the source code or something, let me know - I'll gladly help you. I have some experience with this engine - I made quite a big modification for Aliens vs Predator 2, which uses Lithtech too.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Blood's skyboxes aren't really skyboxes :P
-ED
Cabal member

Post by -ED »

i know how b2's skybox work. and that what makes them eveb better! when i first understood the system i thought "WOW! what weird things can be done with that! what great cityes mountains etc (look shogo too and other lithtech games) can be done! i loved the system...

2 ILA: surely, i can pass MANY little scetches and some big scetches and plans if you need. i can even try once again to put my hands on dedit since i'll be more free starting from tomorrow... if you don't mind. it was always a temptation to work on somethin for B2 alone...
sirlemonhead
Cultist

Post by sirlemonhead »

Nice work! keep it up :D
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

-ED,

Any help you would like to give would be great!! I just got back into Dedit myself after a few years away from it and I have to say I really kind of missed it. Compared to WC and Radient I am much more comfortable with it.

I've done a small bit of coding for B2 myself, but I am still very much a novice.

I am working on a storyline idea I had as well, kind of like a Caleb meets the Blair Witch-type character story, but it's just an idea at this point.

If anyone else reading this has any gameplay ideas or storylines or anything, feel free to message me. All ideas are welcome :P
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I hate to point it out, but why do topics always flourish when I keep my mouth shut? 8)

Post by Guest »

Awwwww! Come on DD!!!

I think you do great work with Blood maps. I'd really be interested in doing a B2 map based of of one of your ideas.....
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Grrr! Another wasted post because I forgot to log in... :P
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

That's the second time a tear has almost been brought to my eye on this forum today!

I love you people!!

Patience... dear I Live Again... patience for the coming of the Rage...
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Patience and rage just don't seem to cooperate with each other.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Let's just call it a CRYPTIC clue. . . :wink:
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

ILA, those look really good. I've always wanted to do a BLOOD mod for Blood 2, but I'm to damn lazy. But it would kick ass if you get the whole first episode done.

You gonna try to do the original weapons to? Like the pitchfork and classic looking flare gun.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Thanks!
I might do the weapons at some point, My main focus right now is getting the maps together. I really wasn't trying to do a Blood MOD persay, I Just wanted to do E1M1 to re-familarize myself with dedit so I can do the rest of the mod, even thought the mod will have a Blood feel to it. If the map is well-liked, I would probably do more B1 maps later on.