Old Friend v2.5 add-on from The IT

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Wow, that mod looks like a bunch of random crap. Looks like it took a lot of work too. :)
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Ehm..........

i'm blind or i cannot see the link ? :oops: :D
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Page one, beneath the 'Old Friend' green words and the pic of an innocent being Akomb-ed

Looks very exciting downloading now...............
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Id download it to try out his new version, but im on dial-up at the moment and my main comp isnt online. The old version of Old Friend was lacking, but maybe this one is improved. I enjoyed a good bit of Lifekilled's Sect War addon, however. Anybody have a review of v 2.5 of this addon?
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

RedFanatic wrote:Page one, beneath the 'Old Friend' green words and the pic of an innocent being Akomb-ed

Looks very exciting downloading now...............
No comment -_-" :oops:

ehm......but this is versione v2.0 or v2.5 ? Isn't specified..... :|
LifeKILLED
Axe Zombie

Post by LifeKILLED »

I hope, in 41 maps you'll find some excellent maps for you :)

Version 2.5, I'm think. There are 1.0 version that maked in 2005. 1 year ego 2.0 was completed. Many bugs were corrected early as one year and added episode Inferno... Let it a bunch of random crap, but in it so much forces are spent! :)

I can tell story of Old Friend, if will play more interestingly (sorry for my bad french :)))))))))))))) ).

Jake was the monster's hunter (or killer of Tchernobogs). His trophy was magic force (deathmask). Jake had old friend Rai, that love to read books (cause it, in 2 episode there are a lot of libraries). Rai has appeared mean. He has resulted in Jake's house the familiar professor, who trying to recover deadmens (having entered, he speaks: " I work only with the deadmen"). Then of a back they kill Jake. Deathmask they divide among themselves.

INFERNO - First episode:
You've killed and bring to Hell. But your vindictive soul is too strong! :D Go in soul storage and kill Hell Beast! At the end of the first half of 1 episode you comeback to alive. But while you search for the murderers, wandering on the real world, it seems as rough like Inferno :)

OLD FRIEND - Second episode:
Searches of Rai. You go on traces of the traitor. On your way: libraries, unclear structures, parallel worlds... One of the OF best levels - monastery - can be seen in demo. In the end it's possible really to find Double Shotgun before to kill the old friend like on image :) Necessary enter in wall beside.

THE DEADMAN - Third episode:
Find the murderer! Professor could recover the deadmen ;) You known it, seeked on cemetery portal and having got in Prophessor's parallel world. It's a lot of cemeteries and deadmens (excuse me, if it is too much :( ). Various houses. The huge Stone Dead - new opening of the professor! :D A dump of trash - hugest map. In the end of episode you storm laboratory. There is an inhabited sector, warehouses and studio which develop Stone Dead II (fatest than 1 :) ). In latest level you destroy unfinished Stone Dead II and 1,5 minutes swear for professor. After that he unpleasantly laughs, because has extracted new cool armor... Having killed him, you finished game.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

the download link isnt working for me. Anybody know the addy of that French website (I believe) that had all the Blood add-ons available for download?
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

try using russian proxy many free hostings don't allow international banwidth
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

missing a .dll with an exe file..
LifeKILLED
Axe Zombie

Post by LifeKILLED »

I think, if open this archive with WinRar, all files will extracted. It's self-extracted archive.

I'm sorry for Bloodites: it version exist any bugs. One level isn't is and one can not playable... New version - it was most ubgraded fist and tree episodes. Now I know all my errors. I think, new version will be most beauty.

New version released in next weekend :) I will zipped it in 7-zip archive and create Demo-version for mans, who don't want download 15 megs ;)
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Does this release feature any new stuff or it only fixes bugs in existing maps?
LifeKILLED
Axe Zombie

Post by LifeKILLED »

Large number of fixes (in gameplay too) and great design map update (for episodes 1 and 3). Added secret level in fist episode. I hope, Old Friend v2.6 will be a good add-on, what allmost can't say about 2.5 version :(
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

LifeKILLED wrote:Large number of fixes (in gameplay too) and great design map update (for episodes 1 and 3). Added secret level in fist episode. I hope, Old Friend v2.6 will be a good add-on, what allmost can't say about 2.5 version :(
I just checked a little of it out. It's much better than previous version. The first episode feels ALOT like Doom. Not nearly as tacky as before. Loved the Phantasms circling around in the boiling lava. Hard as hell though. Ill need to sit down and have a better look at it.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

At first look it makes a real difference to old friend v.1.0 which is terrible most of the time if compared to commercial levels (the authors relayed only on killing satisfaction and forgot about good design) but this version uhm... interesting and deserves to be checked out. I'll get my hands on it as soon as I download it.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Ghoste wrote:At first look it makes a real difference to old friend v.1.0 which is terrible most of the time if compared to commercial levels (the authors relayed only on killing satisfaction and forgot about good design) but this version uhm... interesting and deserves to be checked out. I'll get my hands on it as soon as I download it.
yep, these guys did a lot of retooling it seems and put in some really interesting tricks. The color combinations are really good from what ive seen. Scuse me whilst I play it some more