Hi all......but.....

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

StIwY
Cultist

Hi all......but.....

Post by StIwY »

Hi all guys.

I'm an italian boy who is a fan....great fan of this magnificous game Blood.

First of all i'm sorry for my bad english :shrug: .

I'm happy to see much more people who follow this game.....i thinked this game was abandoned.......ehehehe

But now talk of this game....

I try to run this game under Win Xp until 1 years....but with no results in mode perfectly-----

Yesterday i tryed ( my latest try ) to run under Windows XP on DosBox optimized....it run perfectly (video, soudn etc....) but it's too slow.......5fps i think... :banghead:

I have a p4 3,2ghz prescott 2gb of ram and an audigy 2......

The best method for run Blood it's creating a partition and put him to Windows95 ? Or exist an method for run it under Windows XP but in perfectly condition ?

Thanks for all ! :)
wangho
Acolyte

Re: Hi all......but.....

Post by wangho »

StIwY wrote:Hi all guys.

I'm an italian boy who is a fan....great fan of this magnificous game Blood.

First of all i'm sorry for my bad english :shrug: .

I'm happy to see much more people who follow this game.....i thinked this game was abandoned.......ehehehe

But now talk of this game....

I try to run this game under Win Xp until 1 years....but with no results in mode perfectly-----

Yesterday i tryed ( my latest try ) to run under Windows XP on DosBox optimized....it run perfectly (video, soudn etc....) but it's too slow.......5fps i think... :banghead:

I have a p4 3,2ghz prescott 2gb of ram and an audigy 2......

The best method for run Blood it's creating a partition and put him to Windows95 ? Or exist an method for run it under Windows XP but in perfectly condition ?

Thanks for all ! :)
The best way is a win95 or win98 partition. I have win98 and XP on my machine, it's really pretty simple
StIwY
Cultist

Re: Hi all......but.....

Post by StIwY »

The best way is a win95 or win98 partition. I have win98 and XP on my machine, it's really pretty simple
Thnaks for the reply....but do you think is best win95 or win98 ? :?:
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

98 is superior to 95
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Try this way first, using this i have perfect fast smooth high res Blood
and all addon's i've tryed on XP

viewtopic.php?t=1074
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

RedFanatic wrote:Try this way first, using this i have perfect fast smooth high res Blood
and all addon's i've tryed on XP

viewtopic.php?t=1074
Thank you very much.....i'll try it as soon as possile.

I think also to buy an old pc ( duron 700mhz vodoo3 3000 16mb, sb128.....)

This PC maybe perfect for Blood on win98 ?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

That sounds about right. If the motherboard allows for it, try and get an ISA based sound card.
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Cruaich wrote:That sounds about right. If the motherboard allows for it, try and get an ISA based sound card.
Why ISA card ? the sb128 isn't good for Blood ?

The mobo doesn't have slots ISA.......have only 3 slots PCI.......

Thanks
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Oh, the 128 should work just fine. It's just Blood has a minor issue with PCI based sound cards. It will crash when it throws a 3D echo noise. there is a fix for it but it actually modifies your Blood.exe file.
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Cruaich wrote:Oh, the 128 should work just fine. It's just Blood has a minor issue with PCI based sound cards. It will crash when it throws a 3D echo noise. there is a fix for it but it actually modifies your Blood.exe file.
MMMMMMmmm.......... do you talk the option ""3d sound" in the options of the main menù of Blood ? I don't understand fine.........sorry still for my bad english :oops:
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

the bug is not just in blood, it's in all build engine based games that use "echo" sector sound effect and ken silverman said it's the bug from jim dose's apogee sound code.

in blood, the effect occurs most notably when you jump in the water and the game crashes. there is a fan made patch that disables the echo thus making the game work fine.

same applies to other three major build games - shadow warrior, redneck rampage and duke nukem 3d.

as for pci soundcards - basically, they work using a resident sb16 emulator program thus are not 100% compatible, so generally you'd want a separate old pc built for dos games.
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

WOW GREAT !

The guide of Krypto and RedFanatic. Now Blood FUNCTION FINALLY !

But i have two questions:

1) When i exit game, the mouse puntator crash.....i must close so blood whit crtl+alt+canc for keep mouse in function

2) In the guide of RedFanatic and Krypto, the Music Card in the setup of blood say to put "General Midi", but i put "Sound Blaster" and i hear musics very well.....but i have a copy of the original cd of blood.....i don't understand......i not see the unit dvd read the cd with tracks.......how is possible ? how i hear the cd tracks ?

For now.......thanks a lot guy for this guide !

But.....you don't think of this guide " http://buildxp.deathmask.net/ " it's too old and need to replace ?

Happy New Year too ! :))))))
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

You must have good Windows98 drivers for your DVD-ROM drive. :D
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Slink wrote:You must have good Windows98 drivers for your DVD-ROM drive. :D
Mmmmmm i don't understand......

Windows98 driver on Windows XP ? Or playng Blood on Windows98 ?

Does non exist a method for hear cd tracks on Windows XP ? :shrug:
However i succeed to see videos of the game......
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Ok guys,

i resolved the problem of the mouse making the file .bat to run Blood, now when i quit game the mouse function and don't freeze

But the problem of the cd tracks stay........i see the dvd-rom led it flashes in the game, but i not hear any music.......what's wrong ? :shrug: