Blood conversion for Doom2

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

It really sucks. Doom Wad Station will carry anything sucky apparently. Plus, it's a Doom Wad Station Exclusive. rofl!

This man knows how to Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v.
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

i've played the TC myself. And yes it's very much enjoyable because it feels like Blood and plays great, an excellent way to relive the classic but with fixes.
Last edited by Krypto on Mon Nov 06, 2006 07:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

snake eater: Welcome to the foum, don't let Cheapy put you off, he's our resident asshole.

As for Blood to Doom conversions, anything that spills more Blood is good in my book.

We have in the past considered using the Doom engine as a base but at the time it did not support room over room tech (which I've been told that some of the new Doom engines do) or submersable water environments. Also we do want to push Blood forward into the true 3D environments, Blood on Doom is seen as more of a step sideways.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I just tried it with Doomsday and believe it or not, it works :D

Now with some new models and textures it would looks really spiffy...
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

if they only did it like CDoom :cry:

CDoom is a doom 1 remake with doom 3 gfx :D
first Ep in doom 1 in full doom 3 engine :D
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Doesnt this still have the problem of just not having the game logic itself to work from?
Ben Vercetti

Post by Ben Vercetti »

I Live...AGAIN wrote:I just tried it with Doomsday and believe it or not, it works :D
Can't really say that it works for me. s***. Snowberry always keeps bitching that some kind of IWAD is required when I specify this bludv33 thing as wad.

When I force the application to continue the textbox reads "segmentation violation!" while this may rhyme well it doesn't get me anywhere right now lol

Solutions please? :wink:
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

There are two types of WADs: PWADs and IWADs. IWADS contain the data necessary to load the game, while PWADs contain additional data, such as new character sprites, as necessary for custom levels.
So either you dont have the necessary doom2 iwad, or it is corrupt, or the engine youre using is having some problem amending the pwad of the Blood port onto the iwad of Doom2.
Ben Vercetti

Post by Ben Vercetti »

scar3crow wrote:
There are two types of WADs: PWADs and IWADs. IWADS contain the data necessary to load the game, while PWADs contain additional data, such as new character sprites, as necessary for custom levels.
So either you dont have the necessary doom2 iwad, or it is corrupt, or the engine youre using is having some problem amending the pwad of the Blood port onto the iwad of Doom2.
Okay I'll try to mend things in position.

Although that was a little bit too much "wad" in one scentence for me lol

As like in Showaddywaddy. Although "Under The Moon of Love" was one hell of a sweet song... back in its days.
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

Use GZDoom :( http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/ because most Doom Wads use features from ZDoom and the text file states that you need it. "ZDooM and it's derivatives: GZDooM, ZDaemon,"
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

I'm with Cruaich. Anything that gives us that chance to spill more Blood will do nicely. Besides, I have no access to playing the real thing for now, so sure, maybe it's a substitute, but it's better than nothing when it comes to killing off some Fanatics or Gargoyles.

Sure has come a long way since it's first release.
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

Does anyone have anything that they want added or changed? like what the next 15 levels are going to be etc. I know the author as a good friend and commentating on his wad :wink: so i'll try to speak to him and see what he has to say.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

try to coax him into making a new one in the style of CDoom
http://cdoom.d3files.com/
(cant find a good screenshot page of it)

no offence to transfusion now but if its made good, it would prob be THE best revival of a game, EVER

but it would require a whole arnada of mappers, modelers, skinners, texurers, coders, compilers and many more :(

Post by Guest »

Krypto wrote:Does anyone have anything that they want added or changed? like what the next 15 levels are going to be etc.
:D
Recreate all levels from original Blood and Plasma pack, in a proper order:
e1m1
e1m2
e1m3
e1m4
etc...
Would be great!
8)