Source code

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Source code

Post by Guest »

Any plans to make the Transfusion source code available? I work for a Linux distribution and would like to package Transfusion in the gaming edition, however, I'd prefer to recompile it for the distribution than add a pre compiled binary.

Thanks

Gil
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Our code has always been available. Visit our page and click "Files".
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I have no idea what that man just said. . . :oops:
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

For the binaries included with the latest release, source code can be found in our snapshots located at http://blood.sourceforge.net/snapshots.php

The engine that runs Transfusion is updated more regularly than the project overall, the homepage for DarkPlaces is located at http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/ - although the latest "official" release posted is quite old the CVS is updated frequently, if possible I'd suggest grabbing the latest source from there for compilation.

One note: be sure to read the licensing (included with 1.1b3 + patch) for Transfusion, while the engine and game source, as well as the .map files, are GPL other media such as sounds and textures are bound by a quitclaim negotiated between Atari and the Transfusion team. It has been requested for inclusing with a ditro previously (Debian IIRC), but the licensing got in the way.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Sounds like a farce it does...

You'd think someone like that would know how to read is all I'm saying...

:D