Any updates?

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

well i was born 86 and i played the game when i was five as far as i can remember... but maybe my memory aint as good as it should be =P
i know i have played Blood for as long as it has existed.

and yes... i have a psycic power, i see in to the future in my dreams... SCARY! dont like the amount of Deja vu i had the past monts or so...
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Well, as I said, it wasn't even a concept until '94
it wasn't released as shareware/retail until '97
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

i think i will look deeper into that matter =)
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

:shock: A FELLOW PSYCHIC! Heh. It happens to me too, although a lot of the time in less than comforting places. Usually it has to do with injury or loss when it happens to me, which is why I dread it. Also, LUCKY! You got to play Blood before they even had a concept! I think we all envy you... although it wouldn't have done me much good :P

Added after original message: Is there anything I can do to help? I have a few months experience mapping with Unreal, about a week with Doom 3, and from what I hear, Doom 3 and Quake are pretty similar, so a few excersizes and maybe I could do something. I also have a small bit of experience modeling, but I'm no good at it. Skinning, I'm kind of meh... I never really got to practice or anything, but what I did (made some character skins for the PC GTA3) wasn't all too bad... besides unreal maps, I have no examples of what I've done, everything besides the mapping was done on an old computer. I even did some Blood and Doom level editing back in the day, and I can say without a doubt that it is my strong point.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Thanks for your offer. You can always try mapping - you don't need much space on your HD to do this. Mapping for TF is like mapping for Quake (yes, the first of the series) with just a few differences.
If you decide to give it a shot contact me via PM.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Caleb_2k wrote:i think i will look deeper into that matter =)
You questioning my/the forum's obsessiveness with Blood?
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Forgive him, Willis. Blood for him probably is like Aliens for Ripley:

"You've been in my life for so long that I can't remember anything else."

:wink:

Obviously Blood was released in 1997, I remember it well.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Ahhhh the memories... I swear, it was fate that I was to buy it.

Saw it once in a magazine, but dismissed it not because of the game but it was the magazine I grew instantly to hate because it's format compared to the UK mags (Can't remember the name...) sucked. Well... maybe if I'd been older i'd have tolerated it better? I dunno...

Stumbled upon it again when I surfed the internet for the very first time. Six years ago. Skimmed through the descriptions, but never really looked in depth at any of the games really... Included finding Hexen and Heretic too.

Went to a fair later down the raod, how far I can't recall. But there it was. Blood. I asked the guy what he thought. "Yeah, I still play it from time to time". That was good enough of a word of mouth. And the screamshots looked soooo good. Not to mention that old Build Engine feel about it. heh, part of my love for old games really. So... I took it home. And after f*** around trying to get the audio to work, I went looking around the internet and found a ... patch. And CD Audio worked! Then ... the internet. Ahhhh... maybe it WAS being run under a 56k modem, but that mattered nothing to me. And joining a clan? Best ride of my life. Anyone remember Killer's Domain? They were some great guys... Though I hated being pounded by Newbie, but I knew complaining was useless. I just tagged along for the ride. besides, he wasn't an arsehole about it, and that was sportsmanship enough for me.

Ahhhh newbie... I wonder what he and Stunna are upto these days? And oh... anyone Remember [KD]Lil-Wolf or Blood-Dealer? Those names were me.

Shame no one plays this game in general anymore... :( Fine. Have your fun with Hell Oh ... sorry, Halo and Half s*** uhhh Half-Life. But that s*** just doesn't do it for me. I'll never forget deathmatching in half-life. 5 Minutes I left the server and NEVER looked back. Tedious as hell and the level design was atrocious. And CS? Phhhhffft. Just gimme some realism mods in UT. THAT will do just fine.

Yes people, It's true. I may not say it often, but I am PROUD to know and love the game Blood. And not to mention, few other games left me such wonderful memories. Quake is the only other game.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Certainly, Quake was awesome. It had great sound effects and its atmosphere was just incredible.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Twas also the FIRST game I ever played deathmatch on.

lol... Nothing was funnier than spawning at that secret spot in ... E3M1 I think. The area with that toxic waste just adjacent to a teleporter. Stand there all day with a grenade launcher and you'd get yourself an angry mob. :lol:
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I still play Blood almost every day, Drakan... I do not fall under the faithless horde.

Everybody loves somebody sometime... not me baby! :twisted:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Let's see... I never actually played an online game until Half-life, not counting 5 minutes of Diablo play, which wasn't all too interesting because it was just two people. Now though, I've gotten to play all of the older games that matter (Quake, Blood, etc) online or on a lan at some point. I actually like CS every now and then, it doesn't have killer replay value for me or anything, but I kinda balance my realistic and unrealistic games. ÐÐ, for a while, I assumed EVERYONE here did, especially the people with 100+ posts.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

No, little brother. Some people here have these things they call "lives". I'm still not entirely sure what those are, as a Dreaming God never has time for things other than Blood.

Also, some people lack the ability to play Blood every day. I'm not sure how they do it yet.

Good luck. :D
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Yeah, I lack that ability. Or else I'd actually be still messing around with it's BUILD. That was fun when I first booted it up. One room with random textures and random sprites. Fun! But I can only resort to bots and the occasional human game of transfusion.

*sigh*

And Necro, try Diablo 2 with the expansion pack online. You'll draw a few people to a game. Trouble is... on Chapter 3, all the dickheads care about is finding Mephisto and killing him for experience. Well.... that's fun and all. But slaughtering demons all day long is what's fun for me. Doing it the hard and long way. (Oh, the inuendo...) Much more rewarding. I shuts ups now.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I don't really like either Diablo... they were fun the first few times through, but then they lost all their luster. Either way, I'd rather blow right through episode 3, it was the worst. Diablo 2 began and ended good, middle was ok to sucky. That was one reason Diablo is better than it's sequel, Diablo kept what it did constant. Or at least as best I recall.

ÐÐ, I am pleasantly surprised to have taken the title of your "little brother," it's cool because you were actually one of the things that finally pushed me into joining the horde... and I too have no clue what these "lives" are, they appear to be things that detract from one's Blood time and therefore I tend to keep my distance.

One more thing: It may be worth noting that I for a short time was the leader of a Guild Wars clan known as "Tchernobog's Cabal" but due to the opinions of my friends and family, it was changed to "Grammar Cabal." Perhaps one day it shall regain it's true title...