Blud2b version 0.01

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Elric
Cabal member

Blud2b version 0.01

Post by Elric »

It's been more than 6 years now that I committed blud2b "v0.01 beta" (our Blood to BUILD map format converter) to our Subversion repository: http://blood.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc ... ld/blud2b/

I was recently contacted by Barry Duncan, who's interested in doing some research and experiments on the Blood file formats apparently, notably the MAP format (his Blood page is here, in case you're interested). Several emails later, I was motivated enough to dive into that piece of code again. I mostly cleaned it, removed a few useless hacks, and added support for the 6.3 - unencrypted - map format (the BB9 map uses this one). So nothing fancy, but still significant enough for me to remove this "beta" tag that has been here for so long :)

A Blud2b 0.01 EXE file can be found in the ReBUILD "Win32 binaries" archive, on the snapshots page of our development website.
Last edited by Elric on Tue Jun 02, 2009 08:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Hey Elric!

Thats great news! Is Barry looking to create some type of decompiler or converter?
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Hey, Elric. That's really cool. :)

Post by Guest »

You guys beat me to it! lol.

Now someone just has to update the Build to Doom stuff sometime...=)

j/k!
Corbin
Zealot

Post by Corbin »

Anonymous wrote:You guys beat me to it! lol.

Now someone just has to update the Build to Doom stuff sometime...=)

j/k!
I wasn't logged in...sorry about that! ^^
Elric
Cabal member

Post by Elric »

I Live...AGAIN wrote:Is Barry looking to create some type of decompiler or converter?
I'm not sure about what he's trying to achieve eventually, but whatever it is it looks interesting. I'll try to make him post a thread about his work somewhere in these forums, as soon as he thinks he has something valuable to show.

For the record, Barry noticed a copy-paste error in the code I committed yesterday. Luckily it doesn't seem to affect the output of the program, which also explains why I didn't noticed it during my tests. Anyhow, it's now fixed.