"sickly addictive"...

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

-ED
Cabal member

"sickly addictive"...

Post by -ED »

Well. A little story...
Finally i've managed to invite some friends (who play FPS) into my office (where we have a network) and "forced" them to play B2 and TF. B2 story is for Genral-Blood topic and i'll tell it there. But TF's story is surely here. So. First - game ran not that good. While server worked fast, and standalone games worked fast, during network game other machines had SUCH a great lag. It was really HARD to play. Is that a particular beta's trouble?
second. all of my friends really know Blood and TF but they never got a chance to play BB (i played Blood but never played TF except for bots). we came in for some short attempt at B2 (i never played Bb at all there) and try some Daikatana coop. Later when everybody seemed to be tired (and beer'ed:)) and we almost decided to go out i stresses on trying TF. Whoa! we started the game, played some hour (which passed like 5 minutes). then somebody from another room said (mumbled like for himself but i've heard:)): this thing is sickly addictive... i ran to the man and said "what?". he said: i say this thing is sickly sucking in (drowning, addictive, appealing) - pretty hard to take off!
he-he. when we finally went outside the office for more beer (and to go to sleep finally) some 2 hours later than we planned to go out everybody agreed with one thing: TF (read Blood:)) has a very special FUN, which is not a masturbating opportunity to train mouse-draging (like CS and similar stuff), but an opportunity to quickly jump in even for those who never played the game (or did it longtime ago) and start having fun right away. excellent levels, carefully crafted weapons and powerups, hundreds of opporunityes to change tactics (and without - once again - training and heavy brainstorming) etc. What leaded me to conclude that BB mode is kinda NATURAL deatmatch. Eveything else became some kind of sport, which is not natural for a typical human being, requires preparations, background, knowledge and lot's of training. this ISN'T NATURAL! Blood's BB IS NATURAL. i guess one day we will see lectures in some kind of "electronic art univercities" where BB will be mentioned as such natural thing opposing to Counter-strike and even Q3.
i doubt any casual player can play Q3 (it's a good example of "more arcade" DM these days comparing to CS and stuff) with more or less experienced. things like Railgun won't let him survive, while in TF (B) there are big chances one will soon learn at least how to use BIG guns or traps, mines...

sickly addictive yeah:) may be we all are sick?:)