Nice work

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Neurological
Rat

Nice work

Post by Neurological »

Hello, I'm new here. I downloaded the latest beta just today and all I have to say is a good work.
Btw I've tryed to change something in the game, adding some new textures for the Hud. I'm not a photoshop master, I'm a musician I just started to texture by a month. But here the results (click to enlarge):

HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

wow, I guess that was just what transfusion team needed 8)
(I am too lazy to dig up the post where someone says that he wants a higher-resolution-hud..)

:)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Oh, shiny!

HYPE, I think it was some one who wanted one for a Doom3 mod or some such.
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

Willis wrote:The project can always use good graphics artists, and you certainly show great potential.

One graphic I'd like to see updated soon for Transfusion, and since it is the original topic here in a way, is the actual HUD graphic (tile2200). Doesn't really need an overboard redo, just something a bit sharper imo.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

2200 is the one that goes all the way across the screen.
Neurological
Rat

Post by Neurological »

thx. Well I tried also the tile2200, is not a problem to do it like the others I've done above, the only problem is to redo the gargoyles, wich is out of my skills.

Btw, here a try to the complete hud, without the gargoyles:

HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

nice work!
(I once failed at the gargoyles, too :( )
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

LET'S SEE SOME GARGOYLES! :D Heh.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Ok now this is off-topic but I'd like to say I love your DOOM music remakes in heavy metal! :D

Anyways, nice job on the HUD stuff. :)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

DOOMLancelot wrote:Ok now this is off-topic but I'd like to say I love your DOOM music remakes in heavy metal! :D
Holy s#it! That's pretty cool! Were the drums sampled at all (Hell on Earth)?
Neurological
Rat

Post by Neurological »

thx. Well the drum are samples of Drumkit From Hell Superior played (a VSTi) then I played it with an electronic drum.

Btw about the HUD, I can't do much about the gargoyles, I think would be good a pic of 3d model and then photoshop them on the Hud.
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

Neurological wrote:thx. Well the drum are samples of Drumkit From Hell Superior played (a VSTi) then I played it with an electronic drum.

Btw about the HUD, I can't do much about the gargoyles, I think would be good a pic of 3d model and then photoshop them on the Hud.
*opens up blender*
hmmm.... no, I suck at blender xD

anyone else willing to help?
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Before y'all get in over your heads, and chop up some gargoylemodels, I feel I must inform y'all, it's not gargoyleheads. It's the beast, which doesn't have a model just yet. :|

Be that as may, a commendable effort Neurological, and I'm glad someone tacked it, but I'm personally not that fond of the font. The original looks more squarish, and inner-embossed, instead of outerglowy.

Also!

I take it you're the same Neurological that once posted a recorded version of the setup theme on vgmix?
If so, hand it over! :twisted:
HYPE
Cultist

Post by HYPE »

I know its not the gargoyle. But as you can see my modeling skills are limited so it almost looks like a gargoyle :p
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

HYPE wrote:I know its not the gargoyle. But as you can see my modeling skills are limited so it almost looks like a gargoyle :p
Except that you people referred to it as "gargoyles" six times so it might have caused some confusion.