Is it stuck or something?

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

tomylee
Axe Zombie

Is it stuck or something?

Post by tomylee »

is the project stuck or something? When i first played the beta v3, i got amazed.
But there are posts of 2004 or 2005 and a few ones of 2006 year, so, i think the project is not going well =P.

Im just curious :headshot:

=D
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

We arn't stuck, just slow. If you'd like to help out to speed things up just say the word :D
tomylee
Axe Zombie

Post by tomylee »

I would love to help out with the project ^_______^
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

i could do some betatesting, texture and model upgrades in gimp or photoshop, maybe even code a autorun or autoinstaller / launcher in VB,

and my speciality would defenetly be consistency comparing the maps of TF and Blood 1 in realtime and see so that all adds up =)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

What do you do Tomylee?

Caleb_2k: if you want to skin something I could probably find something for you to work on. As for an installer, we've used Nulsoft's installer in the past. It seems that most of the time, something written in VB isn't very feasible because half the target computers are missing the VB extensions.
tomylee
Axe Zombie

Post by tomylee »

Well, i am a flash master, i produce games and high quality flash animations. I have photoshop and i made my own textures and levels for Duke 3D, i learned how to map at 6 years old, when i had Duke in my old 486 pc =P.

But i wanted to do something cool, so i started to think out what could i do, and i saw i had Fruity Loops in my pc, so i downloaded the midi collection of Blood and started remaking the good old tunes, with high quality MP3 (i could save as wav if the engine doesnt support mp3)

http://users.cjb.net/depuracionrock/blo ... omylee.mp3

Here is what i started off today, its not done, i still need to make the other 50% of the song and fix some parts. But i think its pretty good for just 1 hour of work ^_^.
I could re master all Blood tracks and plus make some more for transfusion levels, what do you think?
=) i like the project
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Have any examples of your flash animations?
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

cru... i cant like "make" new skins but i can defenetly upgrade any existing skin or texture in form of bumpmapping and other rendering stuff.

also testing for various stuff and comparison is my field of expertise i got 2 screens side by side and on one i run blood 1 from one of my 3 dos PC's and on the other one i run TF, that is a great way to test the tf game to the fullest
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Yeah, side by side comparisons are the best. I've done a bit of that in the past, but my living space is a little cramped at the moment.

I'd like to see how we could improve some of the Blood textures with normal mapping, especially with a number of the more 2D-ish world objects (pictures, stone reliefs, plaques, buttons, etc.) That may be a little more advanced than what we are looking for right now, but if you want to show us a good example of how it'd look in Transfusion, that'd be great!
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

send a test subject this way, may i sugesr the R.I.P flower thingy over the sectret rathole coffin, i always thought that needed a bit of spice
johan"DOT"hvornum"AT"gmail"DOT"com
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

i cant promise you quality like this:
random internet img...

but i will defenitly aim for that =D
tomylee
Axe Zombie

Post by tomylee »

Well, ya, i have lots of flash animations. Im more into gaming right now, i was looking to make a bloodbath game in 2-D perspective... but im not a good artist, i mean, im good, but the game should needs to be perfect and i cant script and draw, i can do only one thing =D

http://www.newgrounds.com/gold/profile/ ... id=1067538

There my newgrounds profile, you may know that site, it is the biggest flash portal in the world. I won many prizes with flash and im well know.
You can see all my stuff on there, clicking in the stuff that says: Flash by tomylee.
My game "Demonic Truck" has reached all world, if you search in google you can see it in lots of sites, including a Russian one ^^

Im working on some new games right now, if you wanna see them, just ask me ^^
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

I tried normal, bump and gloss mapping for Tranfusion but I never got very good results, you could hardly tell the difference actually. My method was to use the color map to create a bump/normal map but I think a better one is to use a normal map from a higher poly model like Kedhrin is doing for quake10year (http://peeves.noobgrinder.com/pt_main.htm)
But his method works better when the color map is done after you make the normal map, we would be doing it the other way around(its hard to make a model that follows the lines of a premade texture).
I'd also rather see work put into a fuctional singleplayer instead of improving grafics.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Caleb_2k wrote:send a test subject this way, may i sugesr the R.I.P flower thingy over the sectret rathole coffin, i always thought that needed a bit of spice
Do you mean the world model that oBe skinned or did you want the original Blood tile?

I'll send you some stone reliefs I had in mind.

Tomylee: I've always thought it'd be fun to play the little Blood arcade games you see when you bring up the "HELP" screen in Blood. If you like you could always try to recreate those.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

Cruaich wrote:I've always thought it'd be fun to play the little Blood arcade games you see when you bring up the "HELP" screen in Blood. If you like you could always try to recreate those.
GENIOUS!!! love the idea already =D
ill start on those stonies once i get them =)

been doing some practice stuff on random textures with the normal map plugin i found for gimp, and i am quite impressed too :D

the practice area has been on brickwalls, mosaik and wooden floors :D