SINGEL PLAY!?

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Mmm. Tomatoes.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

:wink: HEHEH, oh wow. Soo, I was looking at those blood maps earlier (all the CP maps, and all Blood and Plasma) Does anyone remember WHAT MAP had the shiny frost on the grass as you look out the window? It might have been a "user map" ;)

-Slink
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Uhh... please be more descriptive, mister Slink!
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Sure! Ummmm, I remember the sandstoney peach colored texture in that map, and there were grey stone steps, and going up the wide stone staircase, there were walls on either side, but there was a window on one side. (You could go outside a little further in the map.)

Looking out the window, you could view a great courtyard. Me being a mapper, I could tell the "floor" or ground(grass) had a pallookup number of '1'. This means that instead of visibility making things BLACKER as they get further away, they get WHITER. This allows the effect of fog, or as described, ice! The ground looked like green grass, with frozen dew, or frost. Without the palette lookup, the grass would have looked completely normal, as in summer. (E1M2 grass, texture 278).

I remember that there were standing stone monoliths ;) in the courtyard, and maybe a fence, some zombies, cant remember otherwise.

ADDED: OK, I am not going to delete what I just typed, but I was CLOSE! It is a map titled G1M5. What series does that belong to?

Thanks-
Slink
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

The irony is that my latest level has that in it! (Sin Campaign mission 4!)
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

I cant wait fer the next release of transfusion!
I can wait (just a little longer) fer Single Player...
Danny D.

Re:

Post by Danny D. »

I've been waiting for the single player since the beginning of qBlood (or Transfusion). I always thought the single player was the brilliant part of Blood, the multiplayer (Blood Bath) wasn't all that great... Anyway, I still regularly check back here for updates but I'm starting to think it will never get done (if they're even working on it). No offense, but that's just my opinion.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

"Guests" scare me. :(

On a serious note, I understand where you're coming from. But you are overlooking a couple of things. If you take the time to study the FAQ, you will learn they will be creating the single player mode "eventually." Granted, it's been a long time, but come on, it's hardly time gone to waste! You may not like the multiplayer - but it's not all about those bots. Take some time to appreciate the level design, the weapons, the sound - everything that made Blood. Take some time to appreciate that these guys bothered to get special permission to do this. And take some time to appreciate these guys are spending a part of their LIVES attempting to recreate a now, possibly, legendary experience.

I don't want to come across as aggressive here. I'm not contributing to Transfusion in any way, but I have managed to maintain my patience with what may be a slow process. But even a slow process is a process. Get talking to the plant, bitch! And soon it will blossom!
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Almost brought a tear to my eye, RRG...

... but only almost !
Last edited by Daedalus on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Another Guest

Waiting for Freeware...

Post by Just Another Guest »

Just think of it this way...

Transfusion : Single Player will be out before Noctis V, Era (or whatever it will be called next), Unbirth & The Dark Mod...Just to name a few freeware projects that have taken their time (OK, The Dark Mod is fairly new & they don't have the Doom3 SDK yet so I can't pick on them too much).

As an aside, I was just wondering - If having everyone be able to play Transfusion without paying for anything is a large reason for using the Quake1 engine, why not use a more up-to-date freeware engine like Crystal Space or Irrlicht?

Keep up the good work. I'll stop being a "scary" guest now.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

When we started, Quake1 was the only open engine that was available that had any sort of toolset.

Even with the other engines you've listed, you have to consider what tools are available to help make the game. Therea are alot more people around that are comfortable or have had experience with any of the given Quake tools than even know about the some of the other open engines.

And as for being "Up to date" that's why we've chose to build the updated game using DarkPlaces. We've hardly touched what it's capable of.
timhale
Cabal member

Single player easter egg

Post by timhale »

Hey- I know I'm rarely around anymore, but I figured some of the new guys may not know about the hidden monster code.

To get a sample of what was added to the game for single player (from 1.1 beta 3) at the console type:
deathmatch 0
coop 1
map e4m9

If you have the models, they'll show up. Otherwise they'll just be defunct RGB crystals. Some other maps besides E4M9 have monsters- play around and you're bound to find them.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Hi Tim.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Hey Tim. So where can we obtain these monster models?? :-D
-Slink
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

They are on the ftp, in the previous beta, and pre-beta as well.