What I am working on (renamed)

Discuss model development here.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

And that needs to be put into Transfusion some-how.
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

oBe wrote:*puts on Caleb_2K mask*
I'd darken the inside if that's possible. Though my guess is the inside in just a mirrored outside. In that case, you're kinda screwed. :wink:
Maybe the wheels and handle could use a little more texture/structure. Maybe add some tires and radials.
This guy's blanket also looks a little flat. Just take a picture of your bed sheets and colour burn it on this one :P

In general I'd say just add some detail/contrast 'cause it looks a little clean/bland.

Other than that, damn it man, I had plans for this one :D
The inside of the roof and walls of the blue bonnet are not mirrored from the inside, they are two seperate parts of the texture. As you can see in the pictures I darkened the inside a little, you think it should be darker?
I'll try to add some more detail to the texture.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Oh and r_cain I don't know how to add this into Transfusion mapping isn't my department. Actually I'm not even sure what map this would go in, I can't remember what Blood level the carage/pram was in. But it would be cool to see it in Transfusion.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Would very very cool if is shot-out barbed rattles and clawed you if you got close.

And i think it's somewhere in first 2 episodes, but i think we need conformation.

DD? Where is it?
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

It's the Sick Ward, E3M4. Secret place in the morgue.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

It's true. 'Hellen' is me on a different account.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

DD the cross-dresser?

Well, higher powers responded, and thanks.
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Shame on you! :) You don’t know where this ‘hand’ pram appears in your precious Blood! What kind of bloodite are you? :P
(Since it’s episode 3, I don’t think this model would be implemented very soon).

And you also didn’t know that the Dreaming God suffers from the split personality. :lol: Oh, my!
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Oh, woe is me!

I'm a rabid-bloodite, im just not very good at blood.

And it would be cool if the pram went mental and atttacked.

So, DD and Hellen are the same? That explains a lot . . .
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I love me.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

yeah, the weels need to be rounded and if you can you can make small flat sticks that go up to the bar and make that into a circular tube or iron bar.
if you can you could make the tires to round circlets/halos and put spokes in them with a transparent space.
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

Caleb_2k wrote:yeah, the weels need to be rounded and if you can you can make small flat sticks that go up to the bar and make that into a circular tube or iron bar.
if you can you could make the tires to round circlets/halos and put spokes in them with a transparent space.
I can't round the wheel ( I can't model)
I'm not sure what you mean about the bars and stuff.
I'd rather not use transparency on this texture because it messes up parts of the model. Like in that lighter texture I add transparency to it and now Caleb dosen't hold the lighter right. It would probaly screw up the pram texture and make it so that in TF the hand could be seen from both sides of the carage and stuff like that.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

i ment the handlebar... make the middle section roud and then small flat sticks that go up to that bar

sorta like the handlebars o a shopping kart
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Also, you don't need to use transparency to create the illusion of spokes. I'm sure you can easily think of something that looks a bit better than what you have. :)
-Slink
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

How are thoes maps coming Slink? Have you had a chance to talk to Pred about GTKRadiantand & the q3bsp?

As for models, this one is pretty low on the totem pole (ie, it's not needed for any of the Ep1 or BB maps). Much of what you guys are asking needs to have some actual model work done rather than what Boss can do with his skin. Overall I think it's looking good. It may need a little more deffinition here and there but it's getting that Blood grittyness that I'm looking for in a skin. Good work Boss, are there any effects you'd like to try and implement that I might help you with?
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Slink is on E1M6 as far as I know.
I think he's working on the q1 version, but it's perfectly fine as we can quickly convert it later, when it's more or less ready.