Blood Source !

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Blood Source !

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hey there Bloodites check this out, it's a mod on half life 2 source engine

http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-source

Hopefully doesn't this thing die :| :shock:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Good luck on that one. :guns:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

LoL I thawt it was gonna be another "WE WANTZ TEH BLUD SRC CODE PLZ."

Interesting...
Could go against the grain legally but let's see how it goes...
:evillaugh:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I'm afraid I am going to have to say "nay" to this one. What is the point of creating a fan game on a proprietary engine? And one that only works on Windows and a few Consoles? You would have more legal and personal freedom if you used a Quake derivative, or Sauerbraten, or Doom 3 which is supposed to be free software soon..

Also, he says that he wants Texture artists, Model designers, and Skin artists to help him to "recreate the whole Blood experience". Transfusion already has people skilled in those areas, and "recreating blood" has been its goal since it was founded! What Transfusion needs judgeing by what I heard is a competent coder, and if this guy can do a mod, maybe he could help out. Why not help an already started project rather than splitting resources?

Of course he is entitled to do what he wants, but I find this project a little misguided.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

fortune and glory!
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I wish them luck, we can never have too much Blood around.

It's way too early however to think that mod is going to produce anything.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I'm going with Tchernobog on this one. How is it possible that we have more projects attempting to recreate Blood than we have fans of the game? It would be wise to consolidate some of these efforts.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

It's a problem when there is only one guy acting as the developer and his help is from people he asks or either people that want on the bandwagon. Those kind of projects need an organized group of people with the same passion and set of goals. I don't see it coming to pass.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

At a guess I'd say we are difficult people to work with... that and there's always been a long streak of people wanting Blood on λ, might as well let them try it.

What's the worst that could happen? A dysfunctional development team in under 2 years with a demanding user base clamoring that the models and maps don't look right and buggy net code.... oh... wait.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

:lol:

I honestly considered it for a few moments...
I've been working on my computer for a bit, but I dropped all my classes, so I have some more free time. (Don't ask.) ;) I would hate to leave transfusion out... so I won't! :D We shall see what becomes of what...
:rip:
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I hope it doesn't require Steam......
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I Live...AGAIN wrote:I hope it doesn't require Steam......
Agreed, although my opinion does not really matter considering I don't own any Valve products largely due to what I have heard about Steam.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Yeah, I try to keep my system tray as empty as possible as it is, I dont need Steam running and downloading stuff I didnt ask for and giving out information I didnt ask it to.

I have vowed to never buy a game that is dependent upon Steam. So far I havent missed anything :P
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Same here. I don't like and I don't want Steam.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Tchernobog wrote:
I Live...AGAIN wrote:I hope it doesn't require Steam......
Agreed, although my opinion does not really matter considering I don't own any Valve products largely due to what I have heard about Steam.
Why does everyone abhor Steam, again? Because you have to enter personal information?

So why care? The CIA knows what games you are playing? Valve doesn't freakin send advertisements other than the helpful or interesting stuff on the Steam homepage and news windows. I'm not trying to defend Steam, but I just have NO idea what all the bad hubbub is about.

@ILA: Steam only runs when I tell it to. I told it not to run when Windows starts.

4evry1: Steam is ALMOST a subscription service, except you don't have to pay to use, only to buy software. Not only does it distribute the software to any computer you want it to, you can completely format/reinstall Windows and steam will still have your games ready for download. Games are updated automatically, and the content is usually ready for you to acquire. If you don't want to update, you can run in offline mode. All you need to do that is to have connected with it once. /rant

...Yeah, this TC or mod or whatev would definitely be on Steam, as it is based on HL2.