Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

You're right. That does sound a lot like the Blood 2 storyline. A lot of what was previously done with the game will work pretty well though with what I have planned. So here's a better description.

"The Cabal in their experimentations with travelling through time, have created a rip in their universe, which is playing havoc with reality. It'll be a race against time, and through time, for Caleb, who must stop their madness, and restore reality back to what it should be. . . And before reality and the universe itself, comes to an end."

This will lead to some excellent opportunities to go back in time, and then eventually restore the old Blood universe, leaving this alternate future behind.
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Now I see what's your point.
You're making Blood 2 as it should have been! Image
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Jethro:
That is correct. I'm trying to repair as much as I can with Blood 2 so that it can finally be a proper sequel to Blood, and to be more like the original.

I also keep on discovering new things that I need to repair, and at the moment I'm currently working on improving the weapons. It almost seems as though this project will be never ending, but progress is slowly being made. Hopefully in the end the result will be a more satisfying game, and a more worthy sequel to the original.

wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

this is all really awesome Kurt! IT sounds like you really know the editor and the coding of Blood 2 very well. There is a whole new episode to go with this I assume, right? Are you doing all this yourself? Yoou will be every Bloodite's hero once this is completed.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

To be honest, half the time I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. It's all just trial and error, and if something doesn't work the way I want, I'll simply try a different approach. Today I was finally able to send a drudgelord flying 40 feet in the air with one of my weapons, and that was after a great deal of experimentation. That was pretty satisfying, and it made me want to work on all the other weapons.

There will be all new levels constructed, and they will be mixed in seamlessly with the retail levels. So the entire story will become much fuller, and more epic. I estimate at least a dozen or so new levels, or perhaps more, depending on how things go. Building the new levels will be the easy part, while the coding for the game will be the most time consuming.

Unfortunately I am working alone, which will increase the amount of time needed to overhaul this buggy old game. But I am becoming more efficient with time, and progress is slowly being made. I really regret that this project was lost for over 5 years, so now it seems that I have an awful lot of catching up to do.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Better than completely losing the whole thing though.

My moral support for the day. :)
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I've replaced all of the explosions in Blood 2 today, because I never really did like the old ones. Its kind of hard to capture in a screenshot, but these might give you an idea.

I've also started playing around with the retail level textures once again. Its hard to imagine what the Blood 1 universe would look like modernized, and placed in the future. But I do know that Blood 2 didn't do it very well. And then again maybe I'm not much better at it then they were. But I won't worry about that right now, when there's things I need to go blow up.

wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Yeah, I was just playing Blood 2 last night and just thinking about the explosions being pretty lame and then I see your new screenshots and its a great difference man, really good.

As far as modern setting, I just made a pretty modern Blood 1 map set in the city, and it works quite well to be honest. New levels integrated within the old sounds pretty awesome!
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Damn dude! Those big booms are the sexy!
6StringTim

ideas

Post by 6StringTim »

Hi,

I haven't yet played Blood 2, so my suggestion might not be valid, here goes anyway.

I would like to see an actualy cd player incorporated if it hasnt yet been. Just think how cool it would be to play this with maybe some Rob Zombie in the back ground...
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

That's an interesting idea. My plan though is to completely overhaul the music and ambience in the game and to possibly add mp3 support. After that, a person could then easily replace an mp3 and listen to whatever they want during gameplay.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

A couple of suggestions that would make B2 more worthwhile I think.

1) dispose of the bombs, replace them with dynamite.

2) do away with the knife and replace it with a pitchfork.

Most of the other weapons were redone in "Festival Of Blood" already quite well.

3) Blood-like Axe Zombie (replaces the soul druge)

4) Convert the cultist from "Nightmares" to a perminant B2 enemy (get rid of the futureistic cultists)

5) Let the mapping begin! More Blood-like maps (I have some :D )

That little bit there would be a great starting point for a MOD I think...
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to answer each of them.

1) Dynamite will be replacing the bombs. That was already planned, and I'm just beginning to implement it into the coding.

2) The pitchfork will be making a return appearance, and there will be plenty of other surprises involving all of the weapons.

3) I've already replaced all of the souldrudges with zombies. They move with great speed now, just like in the original game, and they can now run up and down stairs, and open doors. When I get around to the modelling part of this project, I'll do my best to improve their appearance.

4) Blood 1 type cultists have already been made a permanent B2 enemy. They have not only replaced all of the suited cultists from B2, but they have replaced all of the fanatics as well. I may still integrate the old fanatics into some of the newer levels, after I do something about their annoying voices.

5) Most of the newer levels that I'll be constructing will take place in environments that will be familiar to any fan of the original Blood. There are plenty of surprises planned that will be shocking, humorous, and hopefully thrilling. The final portion of this new game will hopefully be such an incredibly horrifying and terrifying experience that it'll haunt the player longer after the game is completed. But I'm getting a little ahead of myself, and don't want to give away too many details because I don't want to spoil all the surprises that are planned.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

The pitchfork must have a secondary attack: throw. :twisted: -Slink
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

This is looking really great Kurt, I'm waiting impatiently.

What would be also very cool is replacing all those Shikari (whatever) monsters with gargoyles. You probably don't have a good gargoyle model yet though.