Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Ditto. The one on the right looks lost in time.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Lost in time is an excellent description. The new story does reveal that the retail levels take place in an alternate timeline, but maybe I've over done things in order to show that. The difficulty is that when a single texture or sound gets replaced in one level, it gets replaced in every level that uses the same texture or sound. Sometimes that improves things in one place, and sometimes it makes it worse in another place. But I do think that I need to take a break for awhile, and then eventually re-examine this entire game with a fresh perspective. I'll still appreciate any opinions or advice that anyone wants to offer on improving anything about this game.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Kurt,

Glad to see you got your data, I was wondering what happened with that. I was about to hunt your computer down and do it myself :lol:

Your stuff is looking awesome! Keep up the good work :D

I'm very interested seeing more!
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I'm hoping your break doesn't last too long because I'd like to have this mod! :D
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Patience is a virtue. :)

Before I begin any new work on this project I'd like to thoroughly go over all of the game code to locate where all of the many problems and bugs exist. I've already addressed some of these problems, and created some new bugs in the process, so I'll have to re-examine everything. This obviously isn't something I'm looking foreward to, but it needs to be done, and I imagine it'll probably take awhile.

Aside from improving the enemy AI, I'll also be doing these things:
- changing the physics to be more like the original Blood
- having the ability to set things on fire
- adding a few new enemies and weapons
- repairing the problem of models sitting on the floor when a saved game is loaded
- making objects less destructable
- and adding a gamma setting to the menu.

These are only some of the things I need to care of. If anyone has a list of any other repairs they'd like to see, then let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I was just going over all of my Blood 2 files, and thought I'd share with you one of the last things I did before I decided on taking a much needed break. I restored the Gabriella character back into Gabriel and needed to create a new texture. Since I've been putting so much of myself into this game as it is, I decided to literally put myself into this game. I don't know at this point whether I'll actually stay in the game or not, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Haha, Caleb wannabe! Just kidding with ya. :P
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Thats good, looks like a 18th century gent..........with a Chaingun :evillaugh:
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Great idea. He looks cool with the mustache, beard and the white eyes, though perhaps he might be more recognisable if he was black? I'd also change Caleb's shirt to make it look less like a cut and paste job.

Also, I like what you're doing with this mod, but I've got my doubt around the whole retexturing deal. Wouldn't it be more productive to focus on new levels instead of making the old levels, which we've all played before, look fresh? I just think it might be hard or impossible to change a texture and that it still fits on every occasion.

Setting things on fire and classic physics is an awesome and very much needed idea.
I lol-ed at the gamma setting option!
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

You're right about the retexturing. It's been an interesting experiment that hasn't been entirely successful. Most of that work was done years ago, and that's how this project began. The point of it was to make the game look more like the original Blood, or at least look like it takes place in the same universe. I'll eventually re-examine each level to see where improvements can be made, but I consider that part of the project to be basically done, even though it hasn't succeeded as well as I would have liked.

I've also already sketched out on paper most of the levels I plan on building, and since I've become relatively efficient with Dedit, it shouldn't take too long to build them all. But going through all of that game code once again will be a time consuming and difficult task, and there's tons of problems that I still need to figure out how to solve. Hopefully all of that won't take too long, when I eventually do get back to working on this project.

I'll continue to appreciate any input or comments that anyone has to offer.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I'm still cleaning up and organizing my hard drive, so here's another photo for you. I replaced the mad scientist with someone who's a little more reminiscent of the characters in Blood 1. Eventually I'll have to redo a lot of the voice work, but I'll worry about all of that another day.

I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Awesome work Kurt, you are making me want to dust off some of the levels I've never finished :D
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Thanks. Hopefully you'll find the time to complete your levels.

...Meanwhile the monks were all anxiously waiting for their examinations to begin.

I've started going over all the game code once again to try to diagnose and cure the monks of their strange illnesses. They seem to enjoy shooting each other, lining up at doors for no reason, and are extremely forgetfull, often forgetting what they're doing in the middle of doing it. They also have an annoying habit of repeating themselves often.

Their diseases may be difficult to diagnose, but hopefully in time, the treatment will eventually cure them all successfully.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Haha, you act like it's some kind of sickness that needs to be cured. :lol: Good luck on curing it, though. :)
Shagg E
Axe Zombie

Post by Shagg E »

I do all those things... if you find the cure, let me know!