Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

The shikari has been modified from the annoying creature that it was. All of its sounds have been replaced, and its actions have been enhanced and improved. Its actually become more of an enjoyable enemy now. But there is a place reserved for the gargoyle's return in the newer levels. An invitation has been sent out and I'm awaiting a reply.

predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Cool. 8)

I don't want our wishlist to grow too long, but let me just add one more item to that list. As a die-hard Tchernobog fan I would really love to see that guy at some point. Will there be any room for him?
I'm sorry, but I just had to ask. :wink:
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Hehehe.
I don't want to give away too many details. But there's plenty of surprises planned that will make any fan of Blood extremely happy.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Wow nice! Much better looking than the Toon bug thing it was in the original.

What about Guns though? are you doing anything with them, because i would
REALLY love it if you could change the VooDoo doll so that it actually causes the
Baddies to Bleed (since it is supposed to be BLOOD 2) i was really annoyed by the
originals pretty light show instead of the Red stuff
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Not to worry. There will be plenty of blood to be found in this new game. Especially when kicking around those freshly decapitated heads.

All of the weapons and their effects will be tweaked and modified, and you'll have new ones to play with as well.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

kurt fuhr wrote:Not to worry. There will be plenty of blood to be found in this new game. Especially when kicking around those freshly decapitated heads.

All of the weapons and their effects will be tweaked and modified, and you'll have new ones to play with as well.
hehe, thats great! How about sound effects? Any sound effects from the original Blood? It's be cool to hear things such as the creaky boat noise like iis heard in E2M1 and E1M4 in original Blood. You just cant beat those sound effects
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Whooooaaaahhhh... Digging the texture work on the shotty, kurt! :guns:
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Thanks. All of the weapons will eventually have all new skins.

As for the sounds, almost all of the sounds in Blood 2 have been replaced. That includes enemies, weapons, events, and ambience. Caleb also sounds much more like his old self now.

Most of the new sounds do come from the original Blood. But there has also been all new ambient sounds added that are truly creepy and disturbing.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I was considering adding subtitles to the game, and came across a few sound files that I don't really recognize. I don't recall them appearing in the game anywhere, but they do sound strangely familiar. If anyone has any idea whether these actually appear in the game, I'd really appreciate if someone would let me know where.

1AGid2.wav "I know you're here, Caleb. I look forward to ripping out your spleen and wearing it as a hat."

8Caleb1.wav"Easy big fella!"

10MadSci1.wav"Sir, I have to advise you to reconsider. My calculations are still inconclusive. The rifts may be a source of unlimited power, as you suggest, but they might also be deadly pitfalls in the fabric of the space-time continuum. They might lead you to a realm of pure chaos and evil where you will be completely and utterly annihilated."

10Gid1.wav"Sounds like home."

10MadSci2.wav"But sir!"

10Gid2.wav""Get out of my frikkin' way!"

10MadSci3.wav"No! ...I never got a chance... to tell you... how much I love you..."
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

If anyone does figure out whether those quotes are actually in the game, and in which level, I'll appreciate it.

I took a break from the coding today and decided to create a new skin for the M16. I'll work on the rest of the weapons when I get a chance.

Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Whoa, kurt, are you sure you're only one person? :lol: This project is progressing as if you have the whole team working with you.

I really like the new M16 skin, as well as other improvement's you've shown (head soccer is back? :twisted:).

Please, keep us informed about progress :)
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

It's amazing what having too much coffee can do. :)

But things are going to slow down for awhile now, while I work my way through this code. There's no way of knowing how long that's going to take.

I'll keep you informed of any progress, as I continue to overhaul this buggy old game.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

I don't think any of those quotes appeared in anywhere in the game. They don't even sound familiar. :|
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Thanks Drakan. You're probably right, I don't think those quotes appear in the game, but I thought I might have missed something.

I tried completing another skin for the beretta yesterday, but I don't know whether I even like it or not. I think that perhaps I've been dealing with too many textures lately. So I'll probably just stick to the coding for awhile, and think about cutting back on the coffee.

kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

That beretta skin was really bugging me, so here's the newer version. I think that'll be enough retexturing for awhile.