Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Aye, I think I was "blindsided" by something I just failed to understand. Sorry, I don't mean to be obnoxious.

Whatever the case, I'm discussing it in pm. (Not to be a dick, but the posts sounded kinda volatile. Again, keep teh HT stuff at min, plz. ^_^)
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Thanks Slink. You can be as obnoxious as you like. :P

BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Blood 2 must be ressurected! CALEB MUST PROVE THAT HE IS THE SHOGO WARRIOR, AND THAT NO CABAL MEMBER LIVES FOREVER! It doesn't seem logical for anyone to copy what you've been doing, Kurt. Copying your work and story means that there are modders with no originality or any self-reliable skills in their backbones. If it is the end, I suggest a final snapshot featuring JC Denton from Deus Ex and Caleb, with his had and trench coat thrown to the side, staring at a huge silvery city from the distance under a dark blue night sky, with the words at the left or righthand corner "everyone is need of a resurrection, or a deus ex machina, but even game heroes deserve moment of peace," not to mention bearing the Blood 2: Resurrection logo as well. I could also imagine an image of Caleb in Gideon's office, a gothic 1920s office, bearing a big knife, with Gideon sitted calmly at his desk, with his hands together, while a giant pink ectoplasmic monstrosity is gimacing outside Gideon's window.
Just thought I could perk you up, Kurt. May the winds of Ophelia be with you!
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

BEAST wrote:Blood 2 must be ressurected! CALEB MUST PROVE THAT HE IS THE SHOGO WARRIOR, AND THAT NO CABAL MEMBER LIVES FOREVER! It doesn't seem logical for anyone to copy what you've been doing, Kurt. Copying your work and story means that there are modders with no originality or any self-reliable skills in their backbones. If it is the end, I suggest a final snapshot featuring JC Denton from Deus Ex and Caleb, with his had and trench coat thrown to the side, staring at a huge silvery city from the distance under a dark blue night sky, with the words at the left or righthand corner "everyone is need of a resurrection, or a deus ex machina, but even game heroes deserve moment of peace," not to mention bearing the Blood 2: Resurrection logo as well. I could also imagine an image of Caleb in Gideon's office, a gothic 1920s office, bearing a big knife, with Gideon sitted calmly at his desk, with his hands together, while a giant pink ectoplasmic monstrosity is gimacing outside Gideon's window.
Just thought I could perk you up, Kurt. May the winds of Ophelia be with you!
Actually, the reason is more than just being copied off but there's a parasitic thief running amok (who has escaped from the sanitarium) who is stealing not only Kurt's work/ideas/efforts but others as well and mixes this all up in a blender and plans to sell it for profit on the Sega Dreamcast which is the entire reason why Kurt is providing a lack of updates currently.
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Thu Jun 18, 2009 04:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Blood Of Nightmares,

Why don't you keep that nonsense over at that other forum where it originated.

There is no need to re-hash what has already been said 1000 times. It's all a matter of opinion anyway and it's not needed here.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

I was only trying to clarify but I might as well drop it.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Sorry BON, I wasn't trying to be a dick.

Kurt can clarify all he wants on his site.
http://www.blood2r.com/

Corbin can clarify all he wants on his site.
http://tdgmods.blogspot.com/

Both sides have their own story. People are free to investigate for themselves. I am just trying to not re-hash everything again here.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

I didn't mean to restart a controversy! I'm SORRY! I was ignorant!

Thanks for trying to clarify everything, I Live....AGAIN. There still a great deal of many lessons I need to learn about modding and fan game production.
I still like to see what Kurt thinks of my screenshot ideas.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Since there are a few members of this forum that will have tantrums if any honest facts or opinions are told, I will refrain from posting any here.

However, even though I've basically been forced off of the internet by childish parasites and clueless morons, I have decided to post one last update on the B2R site, due to recent events.

I've simply had enough of this never ending nonsense.

Things could have been different...

Zardoz wrote: Oh, I suppose you think I *do* know what I'm talkin' 'bout
Well sir , I don't. I rarely do in fact. But that doen't stop me now does it?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

This thread has been moved to Unfortunate Bystanders for the following reason:

Aside form porting Blood materials to the Blood2 engine, it is my understanding that B2R has decided to switch from the Blood 2, Lithtech engine to the Jupiter engine. From what I can tell, B2R has committed a breach of copyright in doing this.

If it's not a mod for either Blood, Blood 2, or Transfusion proper, please discuss the project elsewhere.