Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

Zardoz returns... for a few hours anyway.

To Kurt: everything you've done is worth while.
Hell you don't even like the modern approach to b2 and what you've done still looks better.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

I'm very happy to see you're making progress.
I really have high hopes for your mod. :D
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I have high hopes for all of this as well. Hopefully it'll all turn out ok in the end.

I had a really crazy idea this morning while I was looking over the code once again. Since part of the game takes place in some alternate future, why not turn some of the civilians into the cast from Space 1999? I thought the idea was so ridiculously absurd that I had to try it out and see. So here we have Civilian Koenig taking a break in the meat packing plant. :)

I think I was really just avoiding all of this coding nightmare. So back to work I go. . .
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Glad to hear you're making progress, I'm also glad to see that you decided to rework the AI and turn Gabriella back to Gabriel :)
Keep up the good work!

As for new civilian - he looks like a Jedi Knight from KotOR :P
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

man! I thought that was Ricardo Montalban for a minute there.

heheh, next time do one with the cast from Fantasy Island

Kick ass Kurt!
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Heheh. That's actually pretty funny.

I always thought the midget sidekick on Fantasy Island was kind of scary looking. He could easily replace the gremlin. :lol:
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

This is just hilarious! Who knows who else might possibly show up next? I really should be doing some work on the coding, but I'm just having too much fun screwing around with the people right now. Hopefully I'll get some serious work done soon.

I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I tried to re-skin the Soul Drudge to look more like the good old Zombie from Blood 1 once but it didn't turn out too well....

But now looking at some of the regular people models, It might look a little better, the Soul Drudges are a little too skinny :D

Picture that model there ^^^ with a old zombie skin.... not too far off I think, just the head is a little small... and he needs an axe :D

Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

@kurt_fuhr: Indiana Jones/Han Solo? :D

@ILA: That Transfusion zombie pic was intentional or I just misunderstood your post? :?
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Jethro: Actually its Han Solo's retarded twin brother. Its kind of hard to tell them apart.

ILA: That's a nice reskinning job there. He really does look emaciated doesn't he? Its hard to believe that he even has the strength to hold that axe of his.

I'd be interested in seeing your reskinned soul drudge. It may actually even look better then my attempt at reskinning the soul drudge. The souldrudge model's neck is simply too big, and his head is too small. And I can't shorten his pant legs without causing problems. He also doen't look dead enough to me.

Maybe once I get around to the modelling part of this project I can see if there's anything I can do on improving the zombies.

But I do think that I may have gotten a little carried away yesterday, after creating a half dozen new skins. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them all, but I really got a good laugh after seeing some of the results.

So now that I got all that fun out of my system, I'll get back to looking over this nightmarish code. Hopefully I can accomplish something worthwhile there, without either losing my patience or going mad.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Keep it up Please :D it would be one of the Wonders of the World if you could make Blood2 briiliant.

Also they look a bit wierd maybe but those Zombies look pretty convincing, and i liked your "not dead enough" comment lol
how dead SHOULD a Zombie look? hehehe
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Kurt,

that zombie skin is from Transfusion and it does look awesome, but I cant take credit for it cause I couldn't skin my way out of a paper bag. Thats from one of the talented TF skinners :D
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Beware of the floating boxes!!!

The retail levels certainly do have a large number of unusual problems that are really simply not possible to fix. Things like floating objects, and unusual texture choices, that are often misaligned, would normally be problematic. But rather than ignore these rather obvious flaws, such as the floating box above, I've decided to make it all part of the new story.

"The Cabal in their experimentation, have created a rip in space and time, which is playing havoc with reality. It'll be a race against time for Caleb to stop their madness and restore reality to what it should be, before reality itself comes to an end."

New level construction will soon be underway, along with the coding, and hopefully I'll be able to avoid repeating some of Monolith's previous poor mistakes.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Great idea! Good luck with the levels and coding!
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

kurt fuhr wrote:"The Cabal in their experimentation, have created a rip in space and time, which is playing havoc with reality. It'll be a race against time for Caleb to stop their madness and restore reality to what it should be, before reality itself comes to an end."
New story? I belive that's actual Blood2 storyline! :P (well, this floating box wasn't part of it, but that's interesting thing to tell the player it was meant to be floating :D).