Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Kurt, that sounds really good. I agree, the closer to Blood I, the better. That screenshot is sweet!

Obe: If you like anti-hightech Blood levels, then you oughta really like my levels Im working on. You cant get less high-tech than an old route 66 themed Blood level :) hint, hint..

Red: How's that addon coming along? Those cannon's in your map were kick ass. Let's see, I have about 3 new maps nearly completed and 3 more about halfway through. What's holding me up is I need to sit down and learn room over rooms. Each map im doing is radically different from one another, the tricky part is bridging this stuff together. I havent even made a 'temple' themed level yet and not sure if Ill need it. So far, you start in a snowy city, steal a car and then run out of gas in a desert town 'Route 666.' Then an underground map, then swamp map, then an old shack in the middle of the woods, maybe a graveyard map, then 'Nuthouse v2' , the 'Backlot' and then who knows?
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Kurt, since you are planning a whole campaign rather than just one map I say you don't have to choose from "wide open" and "confined" level styles. A mixture of both styles will be the best thing.

I agree with most people here that your mod will be the best if it is based rather on Blood than on Blood 2. Build levels similar to Blood, but with all the strong sides of Blood 2's more modern engine. Use shadows, use realistic lighting, use the fact that it is really 3D.
I wouldn't like to see all the levels drowned in almost complete darkness, but you certainly need to have a lot of "creepy" places. Balance is what you need. The player must be surprised quite often, He must not know what he can expect further in the level. Keep the suspense throughout the campaign and throughout each level and you'll have a great add-on.

As for difficulty level my opinion is simple: bring the pain! It should be difficult.
Player should be put in the position when he would have to watch his ammo and his health level carefully. It brings a lot to the atmosphere. Mindless shooting without any strategy can be fun too, but gets boring quite soon.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Wow this is awesome stuff! I'm hoping dynamite can be brought back....
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Yes, dynamite will be back, as well as the ability to send bodies flying. I'm also currently trying to figure out how to set fires to things, so that "it burns" once again. It really is a challenge working on this buggy old game again, but hopefully it'll all eventually be worth it.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Trust in us, it will be. :guns:
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Nice, I'm glad my computer can run Blood 2. :D
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I was just playing around with some of the textures and skins, and I couldn't stop laughing after these 2 familiar characters made their first appearance. I just thought I'd share, and hope you find it as funny as I did.

Actually the funny part was watching them both go running off screaming up the escalator when I started shooting. I was pretty tired after coding all day, and now that I think about it, it wasn't really as funny as I thought at the time.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

The status bars are starting to look good! ^_^
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I've developed a new bug in my programming where all the monks continuously turn against each other! Although it makes playing through a level relatively easy, I think this is one bug that I need to fix. Its no wonder that no one else has ever been insane enough to try and fix this game. So many bugs and so little time.

RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Battle the Beast!!! my friend,
it could be sooooo great if only someone could kick it's buggy ass :shooting: :gargoyle: :skull: :rip:
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Haha, I like the screenshot. :)
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I think I've been dealing with this new Blood 2 game too much lately, and I seem to have lost some perspective. I honestly can't tell what looks good or bad anymore, especially in some of the retextured levels. There seems to be an awful lot of rocks and stones in these levels, and I really don't know if that makes it look too cluttered, or improves things. You can be the judge with this before and after photo, while I think I'm going to take a break from all of this madness for awhile.

Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

The one on the right looks a lot better! It's more detailed and everything!
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

I like the one on the left better. It does have less detail but it just looks better. That's my opinion.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

I have to go with the one on the left too.