Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

lol i dont see alot of diffrence textures between shogo mobile armor,and blood 2,there seems to be some that are the same.
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

Master Kurt said:
Through this experimentation I've determined that Shogo really is a better written game, and rather then continuing to try to improve Blood 2's code, I now plan on using Shogo's code exclusively, as a foundation on which to build from. It's been quite a challenge working on both game codes at the same time, but I've now positively determined that using Shogo's code will actually produce better results.
Now isn't this just history repeating itself? Didn't Lithtech simply abandon b2 and start fresh with the shogo version of 1.0 for KPC? and all subsiquent Lithtech games?

Forgive such an impudent question master, but one must inquire in order to learn.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

shogo was released first, i believe?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Gila wrote:shogo was released first, i believe?
Yes it was... at least here in the U.S.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I believe Zardos was saying that he thought that future releases of the Lithtech engine were based off of Shogo's version of 1.0 and not B2's version of 1.0.

I dont know for sure the answer to that question.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

I Live...AGAIN wrote:I believe Zardos was saying that he thought that future releases of the Lithtech engine were based off of Shogo's version of 1.0 and not B2's version of 1.0.
Very likely, Lithtech evoluted from B2 to Shogo to NOLF to NOLF2...
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

It would be difficult to accept that all life began with Blood 2.

My copy of "The Little Lithtech Handbook of Answers" does not cover this particular subject.

So I shall relate your question to my colleague, Tchernobog, when we next meet.

kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I needed to take a break from the coding and thought I'd go play in the mountain levels for awhile.

It seems that the new terrain that's been created for this game, is really beginning to develop nicely. The mountain levels are starting to look a little more realistic, and its kind of fun climbing all those hills.

But I guess all the fun will be over now for awhile, since I really need to get back to all of this coding. I suppose it's just as well though, since I haven't built a toboggan or skis yet...
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Neato :)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

whoa, must fight urge to go skiing!
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

very cool. I WISH I had access to this stuff for some of my maps. Alot of the maps in the first episode of our addon take place around the mountains or with a mountainous backdrop. After your project is complete, we oughta do a little sub-project and get these maps converted ;) ...in about 6 years.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

wangho wrote: After your project is complete, we oughta do a little sub-project and get these maps converted ;) ...in about 6 years.
LOL. I doubt that I'll still be working on any of this in 6 years.

But since I don't have a team to work with, I guess I'll just have to drink even more coffee!

Also to answer the question previously posted by Zardoz, I've been in contact with one of the original developers on KPC, and the Shogo code was indeed used as a reference on which KPC was built. Further news could very likely develop as a result of our recent communications, and if it does, I'll let you know...

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Nicely done Kurt. Good things could come from that.

Hey. Are Shogo and KPC worth picking up from the ebay whore house to have a good time with?
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

Drakan
you ever played order of the flame?
and beat all the game?
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Not yet sir, But I have beaten The Ancient's Gate on PS2. Last I heard, Order of the Flame isn't quite as good. Think I should try it all the same?