Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

I'm not too fond of lithtech's physics. Fix that up will you?
Aight, laterz. :evillaugh:
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I'll see what I can do, mouth. But I'm not a miracle worker. :wink:

As for that expanding city, a rather bizarre and spooky thing happened today. I was testing out some of the latest changes, when my monitor suddenly made a popping sound and died.

I've said before that I felt this game was cursed, and I'm now really beginning to believe that might be true. Perhaps Tchernobog himself is opposed to my interference, and I've now been forced to temporarily use my old monitor, so that I may continue my battle against the gremlins that reside in this game.

But those demons will not stop me! The repairs will continue! The city must expand!

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

omg kurt are you serious? i though superstitous programmer is an absurd now i see it was a mistake.. anyway what make you work on a 'cursed' software? Another curse i guess... :evillaugh:
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

It is my curse.

The demons kept me away for a number of years, and all of their latest attempts to stop me have been unsuccessful. The line must be drawn here!

I am kidding of course. But on the road to repair, this game has been plagued with quite a few obstacles that seem to continuously develop.

They blew up my computer 5 years ago, and now they've destroyed my monitor. This is personal!

This time the battle will continue to the end!
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Oh man those screencaps look awesome!
I especially like the 4th one. Niiice :guns:
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Thanks, mouth.

Hopefully someday playing around in this city will be more fun then a barrel full of monks.

It is a bit of a challenge though trying to find a balance between the look and feel of the original Blood, and the somewhat more realistic appearance that lithtech allows. Water is a good example, which could be made to look very realistic, or it could look identical to Blood 1's. Both look good to me, and its difficult to decide which approach to take.

But I think I'll probably try combining both approaches to create a unique appearance to the Blood universe. Hopefully people might feel that it works well, and still feels very much Blood-like.

But it'll be awhile before I get back to these levels, as there's still much coding to be done, and plenty of demons to exorcise from the game.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

make an option to choose if the player wants to see more realistic or more 'blood-like' graphics. it wont take much time comparing to the sheduled work. :P
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Yeah sure, Ghost. That sounds pretty reasonable. :wink:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Thanks kurt, at last someone find my idea reasonable. :)
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

I got myself a new monitor today and decided to fly around this newly constructed city for awhile, snapping some photos like any tourist might do. Since I probably won't have any new screenshots for awhile, I thought I'd share one last look at this huge metropolis as it currently exists.

The city and back alleys are all looking rather empty at the moment though, as though the cultists have been busy doing some major cleaning. But I imagine it won't be long before those alleys are filled up with things. You know how those cultists love to collect stuff.

And finally here's a postcard view of the city that I picked up in one of the city's many souvenir shops. The city doesn't seem to have a name yet, but those cultists have been busy, and I'm sure they'll think of something eventually.

Well, those are my photos of my trip to the city.

I'm disappointed that the vacation's over, and I guess it's time for me to go back to work on the coding now.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Looks like a lovely vacation spot. Did you witness any shootouts between the cabal and the crips? :evillaugh:
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheChosenOne »

hey kurt this mod what year does it play i mean like in the past or in the future?
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Things were eerily quiet during my visit to the city. But I have heard rumors that plenty of evil and ruthless villains were planning on relocating here.

As to whether this all takes place in the future or the past, the answer is both.

The majority of the game will take place in a redone version of Blood 2's future. However there will also be some levels that re-examine events that took place in different eras of the past.

It should all hopefully one day feel like an epic journey, that tells a complete and coherent story, and also retains much of the characteristics that have made Blood such a classic game.
seeker3
Rat

Post by seeker3 »

I'm finally playing Blood 2 all the way through,and then the Nightmare levels,so it's great to hear about this new mod.I'm hoping it will be done by the time i'm finished.I haven't looked through the whole site yet,(I just joined)but are their any other single player maps or mods for Blood 2? And if so where is the best place to find them?If it is this site,please forgive my noobness,but if there are other places also,please let me know.It's great to find a forum that is still into Blood.Cheers and Hello to everyone.

Seeker3 :D
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Welcome, seeker3.

But unless you're an extremely slow player, it's highly unlikely this will all be completed before you finish the game.

For any additional mods for Blood 2, you could try http://www.planetblood.com/ or http://www.fileplanet.com/31210/0/secti ... The-Chosen

I'm unaware of any single player levels created by anyone since its release.