Blood 2 mod

Cool ideas, unfortunately, they breach copyright.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Newer one is a BIG improvement :shooting:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Oh yeah. Those berretas look much more natural now.
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

While I was doing some work on the coding this evening, I had a thought cross my mind. I wondered how the behemoth would look as more of a hairy type creature, rather than how it appeared in the original. So this is what I came up with. I'm not really sure yet how I feel about this particuliar change.

As for the coding, this will most likely take awhile. I really have to do some unusual and creative things in order to get everything to still work with what's already been created by Monolith. But progress is slowly being made. I may not have any significant updates for awhile though, while I continue to battle this buggy old beast.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Kurt, this looks cool, but could you give us a comparison screenshot? You know, with the default skin. I really forgot how that guy looked like, it was so long ago. :lol:
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

I also don't remember how he looked ariginally (he was whiter, wasn't he?), but I'd like to ask: is it possible that instead of tweaking him you'll simple cut him out of the game? That's one of the most annoying enemies in the whole game - nearly harmless but it takes lot's of ammo to put him down :/ He's only usefull when in comes to healing with life leech.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

He can always modify him to make him a better and more interesting opponent.
Not only the skin, but also his other characteristics. :)
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Here's the original view, taken at around the same spot. He kind of looked more reptilean before. This creature was pretty annoying in the original, but then again almost all the enemies in Blood 2 were all pretty much annoying.

I've already modified some of its actions. It now charges and claws at you, instead of just being a pointless object to shoot at, which makes it a much more enjoyable enemey now. But I'm not really sure what kind of a physical makeover would work best for it.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

I like the new one better.
Looks more like a devil, in the traditional sense. :lol:
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Way to go! Looks good! :D
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Yeah the furry one is much better than the sort of stone like effect they had before,
also if it could be possible for it not to take 80% of the entire ammo in the game
to kill one of them that would be good.

Another thought would be to make him almost totally black but since the model is quite mottled
around every lump on him make him glowing yellow and orange like somekind of Lava demon
or the same idea but with glowing Blood red rather than Yellow.

------------------------------------------------------

Also what about levels? have you done any yet, and if so what are thier themes going to be?
modern day, futuristic or more Blood 1 like?
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Yeah, maybe the furry guy can stay. He sort of grows on you.

A lava demon is also an interesting idea that I might consider. Perhaps in one of the newer levels something like that might work.

------------------------------------------------------

I do have at least a half dozen levels already constructed. But I'm currently only using those for testing purposes on the new coding, and in seeing what's possible with the editor. Some of these levels are quite large though, and I am considering possibly working them into the Nightmares addon, which could use a major overhaul as well.

As for this new game though, the storyline has been well planned, and will make sense to even someone unfamiliar with Blood. The levels have all been designed in advance, but are all currently in a state of construction.

The game will begin much in the same way as it did before, and then following the aircraft levels you'll be lead into the snow covered mountains. From there you'll spend some time in the woods, and swamps, where eventually you'll find a way back to that Blood 2 city. A few new levels will take place in this city, in order to advance the story. All of the levels, both new and old, will have a greater feeling of horror and terror, and also use dark humour, with a touch of sci-fi thrown in.

The temple level will be rebuilt in order to advance the story. This is the focal point for the disturbances in reality. From here, you'll find yourself back in time, in environments that took place in the past. These levels have been designed to be very much like the original Blood1 style levels. There will then be a brief return to the Blood 2 city of the future which has now become much worse then it was when you left it. You'll then have to travel through the very darkest areas of hell itself before reaching a satisfying conclusion to the story.

So the story itself will become more epic, and the levels will feel more horrific, but also darkly humorous at times. Expect to encounter many environments similiar to the ones experienced in Blood 1, while at the same time, advancing the Blood storyline in a way that makes sense, and feels natural.

I apologize for this rather lengthy reply, but hopefully that answers your question. :)
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Good answer and thanks :D

but one more thing, will the game invlove multiple characters as in Nightmares?
or will it just be good ol' Caleb.

Also as was said before, how are ou doing this all alone? :shock: surely you need at least three or four ppl to take on all the levels and story let alone the Re-Coding..........you are officially Very Cool 8)
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Well, thanks. I'd be thrilled if someone else wanted to take on the challenge of coding, because its not something I really want to do. It would also greatly increase the completion time if someone else did it. But unfortunately somebody has to do the coding, and it has to be done in a certain way in order for everything to work. So I guess I'm stuck with that job, along with everything else. I just need more coffee. :lol:

The game will be setup as before, with Caleb as the main character driving the story. You'll still have the option of playing as another character if you choose. And I'll obviously have to redo the Gabriel portion of the game, because I think he would sound a little ridiculous with the voice of a black Jamaican woman. :lol:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

I thought gabriel was a she. :?
kurt
master of the universe

Post by kurt »

Gabriel was a guy in Blood 1. He was changed into a woman for Blood 2. He'll be restored to being a guy once again in this add-on.