Help me out here, good people.

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Help me out here, good people.

Post by Drakan »

I feel like organizing and making a top ten list of voilent games for GameFaqs. Trouble is, there's only 7 that I know for sure fit the list. I'm looking for titles that aren't just simply voilent, but are more or less know or geared towards it. You know, Like Chiller, Doom or even our beloved blood. It can be a series too. Here's the list so far.

1. Chiller
2. Mortal Kombat
3. Doom
4. Blood
5. Postal series
6. Grand Theft Auto Series
7. Manhunt

Thank ye all kindly. :)
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Have you forgotten about Painkiller? Painkiller IS violent.
The Suffering fits too, methinks.
Maybe Killer Instinct? Carmageddon? I’m out of ideas now…
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Hmm... It would be much easier to list all NON-violent games. :P
Violence works great to bring interest to players (works better than sex in my opinion)

Last non-violent game I've played is classic Curse Of Monkey Island (don't laugh plz). :oops:

Violent games played recently:
Diablo + Hellfire (EN)
Diablo II + LOD (EN)
Shadow Warrior (EN)
Redneck Rampage (RU)
...and many more.

Why Blood isn't #1 here? :shock:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

First, chiller was made in what? 1986 If I recall correctly? And Doom came BEFORE Blood (blood wasn't exactly the "forefather" of voilence either)., so it was pretty heavy stuff to see back then.

I'm looking for games that are that deeply voilent or have such that drew attention to them for it. Like Blood or Mortal Kombat?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Kingpin was notorious in it’s day for violence and general social deviance.

Rise of the Triad was plenty gorry, it even has a mode where you could turn UP the violence. Oddly, no one made much of a stink about it... probalby because it was kinda burried under more popular games when it was released.

Ghoste: Welcome to the forum. Also, Redneck Rampage was an English game too.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Looks like I'll have to delve into some spoilers here... Cruaich, could you possilbe do me a favour and give me examples over the PM system? That'd be great thank you. :)

Edit: Oh yeah... Soldier of Fortune was pretty far out in it's gore with that "gore zone" system, if I recall.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

How do you mean? Screenshots, or old news articles?
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Yes, Kingpin, Gore, Blood. I don't recall him asking for the games in order of occurrance (am I wrong?). I would say that these three may fit the description.

Other possibles are Shadow Warrior, hmm... there were a few... ahh I can't remember... ALICE! No, that was only creepy... F.E.A.R.? hmm...

-Slink
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Cruaich wrote:How do you mean? Screenshots, or old news articles?
No, I just need to know what their voilence was like basically. Example, Mortal Kombat. Known for it's voilence because of the then excessive blood and for fatalities you could rip off heads, set people on fire or even send them pummeling down that infamous spiky pit.

Or manhunt. Using stealth to choke people with baseball bats, clubbing them with lead pipes and rescuing "hostages" that get shot in the face if the wardog gang member keeping guard on them spotted you.

Things like that.

Slink: I'm gonna put them in the order of how voilent they are. And chiller hits number one because -pixels be damned- it was majorly freaking voilent for oh... 1986? And even in camparison to newer games it's still stomach turning, just the way I like it. :twisted:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Rise of the Triad is genearly just gorry. There's really not much of a story to it other than wandering around in a deathtrap type environment with guys trying to shoot you. When you get a guy at the verge of death he'll beg for his life "No, NO! Don't shoot!"

The real gore comes around when you just blow them up with the various missles... and when I say gorry, I mean seeing all manner of body parts flying towards you in a rain of gibs.... you'd realy have to play it to see what i mean I guess. I realy don't do it justice.

Kingpin was the Grand Theft Auto of it's day, and it had almost as much press (people were being carded to purchace it). You could basicly, either choose to have people help you, or kill them out right along with everything else in the game, or have them help you and THEN kill them while they are weak, and steal their money. So it wasn't really just violence, it was the underhandedness of it that got to people... that and the excessive swearing.

It touted the standard fair of Pistol, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, along with a flame thrower, crobar and other implements of distruction. I beleve it was the first 3D FPS that featured decapitation, probably not, but it's the first I can think of.

FiringSquad has a rather good review of it if you want to read more about it.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Excellent, Thank you very much! Tommorow I'll get to work on this top 10, with much credit owed to you. Thanks again, mate. :D

Edit: And thanks to everyone else who chipped in. (How silly of me to forget to begin with... )
Last edited by Drakan on Fri Apr 07, 2006 05:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I forgot to mention crackwhores with track lines.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I have to say that TombRaider, espescially the early ones, were deplorably violent against animals (who were unreasonably agressive). Needless to say, this made for great fun, but it was ****ed up nevertheless. ;)
-Slink
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

The biggest reason for hating tomb raider these days. Mine anyway.
Zardoz
Fanatic

the red is relative?

Post by Zardoz »

Doom was excessively violent? Hmmm.. I guess for its day. It did generate controversy and there wasn't much to compare it with. What about the alien (vs predator) games? I never spent much time on them but if they wern't over the top violence wise they certainly should have been. Duke Nuke'm had some grusome subject matter although you probably don't mean slimyness- just bloody right?