What game are you currently playing?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

the game dosen't have lot bugs,and i mean unreal gold not the old original unreal... the game was the start of unreal generation until now all the world play it...
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Drakan wrote:That's just the LEAST of the game's problems...
Agreed.

I've played Unreal from start to finish once... it's been on the CD rack ever since.
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

i'm now playing Condemned - Criminal Origins
i'm on the level after the train
this game is so great can't wait for the second
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I got Crysis although it's quite a computer hog like my friend says. It says 8800 GTX is the video card requirement for it. But a card that is a little less powerful can run the game on optimal settings. My card is 8600 GT and runs ok. The game itself is very nice aside from the graphics.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I've ran through Crysis from start to finish twice. Once on my 7950GT... and the second time on my new 8800GT.

The game was very enjoyable the first time through, but the sluggish frames did take away from it a little. But my second time through, on high settings with silky smooth frames... it was awesome. :)
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

For about the last week, I've been playing Mother 3 with the menu patch and a translation guide in front of me. I just finished it today.

I openly wept at the end.

I have no qualms saying that this is the best game I've ever played. From being a blast in terms of the gameplay, to having one of the only two video game stories to actually make me cry. Unless you have some kind of "will break out in hives upon being within 100 feet of an RPG" disorder, I'm recommending it to EVERYONE, period.

(of course I'd like to encourage anyone starting to play the games to play Mother 1 and Mother 2 first but they're not really ESSENTIAL to enjoying the game. IMO they made it a lot better, though. it's up to you.)
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I've had a full week. So far I've bought boxed copies of...

Duke Nukem 3D: Plutonium Pack
Duke Nukem 3D: Duke it Out in DC
Shadow Warrior

And my wife bought me a full boxed copy of Duke Nukem 3D: Kill-A-Ton Collection. :)

And today I picked up Painkiller: Overdose.

Plus, since my retail box was damaged really badly in college (somebody spilled a drink on it) I bought a new copy of Half-Life. Full boxed, original release. :)
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Oh my god. I just researched what that is.

Damien! Thanks man! Looks like I oughta end the hunt for Duke 1 and 2. You fucckking rule! :D

check it out!
Goldrick
Axe Zombie

Post by Goldrick »

Nearly finished playing the original Quake with both add-on's, I was going to play Unreal next but after watching my brother try and play it I think I'll give it a miss. Apart from the shiny looking textures that game has nothing going for it, needless to say I was more than a little disappointed (just glad I didn't pay for it myself).
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Yup, know what you mean. For me, the first few levels were what made the game for me. After Kran32 though, it just went slipshod.

A few of the problems were switches that were hard to see given that they were textured like any other texture. I must have ran around that cermonial chamber SEVERAL times before I realized the switch to the door was RIGHT NEAR BY.

And the lack of mostly weak enemies (I only made to Kran32) during the game was weak.

I've played and finished games I didn't like, but I stuck with them because they were at LEAST playable - and if they are, I finish what I start, no matter what.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Painkiller: Overdose

I'm up to the fifth level, but I've gone back and got the terrot card for the third level.

Also, for the hell of it... my latest games.

Duke Nukem 3D: Plutonium Pack
Duke Nukem 3D: Duke it Out in DC
Duke Nukem 3D: Kill-A-Ton (a birthday gift from my wife)
Shadow Warrior
Half-Life (the box to my copy was damaged so I replaced it with a still sealed original release)
Painkiller: Overdose

And my recently returned Blood 2: Nightmare Levels. Box is a little tattered... but at least it's back. :)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

That there's a sexeh collection, my friend.
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

nice rack collection! lol
i have blood and blood 2 original two of them duke 3d too
and avp 1 nox and more...
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Ive been checking out all of these newer releases since upping my PC and vid card and I gotta say...Im quite impressed. Bioshock is just utterly amazing and is a work of art. Im just out of Arcadia right now and I have never seen such art direction outside of a movie like Blade Runner or Alien or something of the sort. In fact, the game manages that same type of amazing world as these two films. Throw in a little 'The Shining' for good measure. It's also the most bizarre and creepy game I've ever played and I just love the Art Deco late 50's vibe, 'specially the little interludes when you get a new plasmid. This is a game I'll revisit again and again and is timeless for me.

Gears of War is almost equally fantastic, but in a different way. It has the most graceful character movements I've seen and even though these guys are a bunch of miserable marine assholes, I havent gotten annoyed by these guys yet, but put some dopey scientist in my face from Half-Life and I feel like shooting him before he can finish talking. The set pieces are amazing and never felt tedious, acting and writing is very tight, the action is bloody and visceral and I just love how straightforward it is. No government corruption byline, no science experiment gone wrong, no conspiracy, just a pure alien invasion. The graphics are the best I've seen, even better than Crysis IMO.

Which brings me to Crysis. It's pretty good so far, but I'm not blown away by anything. It feels alittle underwhelming somehow. Maybe it's because it runs alittle choppy on my comp, dont know, but im more drawn to the unique direction and feel of the above two.

World In Conflict is a very awesome RTS, just getting into it right now. So far, these games are better that I thought they were gonna be and Im quite impressed. Good to see there's more to them than nice graphics.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Crysis is a pretty game. It's graphics are amazing... but gameplay wise it feels a little stale at times. It's gameplay isn't the best, it feels like FarCry redux a lot of times.

As for my collection I'm gonna take pictures of the complete collection soon. Another forum asked for them, but I've got another package coming in.... and there's something else I'm trying to get. ;)

But once everything comes in I'm gonna try and set EVERYTHING up for a picture of two. :)