What game are you currently playing?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

mouth wrote:Hellen - yeah, well, like I said, problems in calculating the ragg doll effect ;)
And I once got the chair literally stuck in the bookshelf! Is that too ragdoll problem? FEAR scares me…
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Wierd... I've never had any problems with FEAR. And that's what i just finished playing.

Doomer64
Axe Zombie

Post by Doomer64 »

mouth wrote:Hellen -
...And I once got the chair literally stuck in the bookshelf! Is that too ragdoll problem?...
no its not a Ragdoll problem its more of a Phys object problem

dont ask me what ive been playing you will be shocked
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

i'm playing nothing atm. just developing stuff
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Doomer64 wrote:
...And I once got the chair literally stuck in the bookshelf! Is that too ragdoll problem?...

What then? You caught my curiosity... what is it? Barbie Explorer? :P
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

Mouth, Thief 3 is really long, where are you in the game, i recently completed it myself =)
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I'm currently looking for a good copy of Thief 3, the onyl one I've found so far is the disc in a paper sleeve... with no manual or anything.

The disc looked like s*** and the pawn shop wanted 10 bucks. I was like "F*ck you." and left. I'll look the next time I go to EB.

But as for me... more Shogo...

"Who is Caled?" :evillaugh:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Damien_Azreal wrote:I'm currently looking for a good copy of Thief 3, the onyl one I've found so far is the disc in a paper sleeve... with no manual or anything.
Just to taunt you, I have a copy of it sitting on my shelf that I've yet to play (my computer sucks). It came in the 3 fold DVD case with a manual, I think I picked for $8 or so used.

Unfortunatly I don't think there are any more shops in Salt Lake that sell used PC games. They've pretty much all gone over to consol games... a$$holes.
Doomer64
Axe Zombie

Post by Doomer64 »

Damien_Azreal wrote:
Doomer64 wrote:

What then? You caught my curiosity... what is it? Barbie Explorer? :P
lol no Playing Half-life 2 SP normaly with no mods except for skin changes
i liked Half-life 2 and Blood 2 like a lot of other ppl i know but why do you guys put it down?(steam?)
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

it's an overhyped pile of average
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

As a realistic game and a tech demo, HL2 is quite good. :wink:

But seriously, I can stand it. In fact, being a half-breed gamer, I can enjoy it a lot as well. Of course, I prefer older games (especially as I realize flaws in new ones), but these are my domain as well. :shrug:

And add Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes to my list. Found a nice used copy, especially considering the one copy I saw that had... er... glue or something on it. I really do not want to know what that was. And I'm thinking I might get finished with CoD2 soon, I have been near the end for weeks. Damn D-Day is proving a lot more dull than you'd think after the initial assault.

800th post.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

As a realistic game, HL2 isnt.

As a tech demo, it demonstrates technology. Whether that technology is good... Well, pretty walls. But high resolution textures are a marvel of video cards, not an engine. If I wanted pretty things I cant touch Id go to the mall or play Myst. Physics? Its not their physics engine, in fact, the engine they bought was already customized for Quake based engines so it wasnt even a matter of implementation. Nor was it the first game to make use of even that physics engine. If you want impressive physics implementation you could perhaps look at Doom3 which relied less on it, but has an equally powerful one coded in house. The cool reflections? Well they are cool... But thats not exactly a reason to get into a game... I guess I can give Valve points for knowing about DirectX.

Being able to stand a game is not reason to spend more than $10 on it.

Currently playing: Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Nothing like pure gameplay... Expert necromancy, currently commanding over 800 skeletons alone, nevermind the supporting cast of monstrosities Im using to ravage the world map.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

scar3crow wrote:Currently playing: Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Nothing like pure gameplay... Expert necromancy, currently commanding over 800 skeletons alone, nevermind the supporting cast of monstrosities Im using to ravage the world map.
Right on. Necromancers = own. At least, they were waaaaay better than everyone with time in Heroes 2. I remember once my brother had a campaign level going, and we had another game up on another computer and we were taking turns trying to pull stuff off while the other person advanced the day, amassed gold and monster stock, then every year we'd buy them. No one ever got at us, we had literally more than ten thousand skeletons, and we destroyed everything. T'was funny to see.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Caleb_2k wrote:Mouth, Thief 3 is really long, where are you in the game, i recently completed it myself =)
Robbing the museum for the final 3 artifacts.
I finished Homeworld yesterday for the first time in history. It blew me away... Guess now I'll return to Thief 3 and finish it off.
How far along am I Caleb_2k?
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Shogo: MAD

Also trying to find a good program for viewing screenshots of BLOOD, so I played a level of that or so.

And the Stubbs the Zombie demo. Pretty fun, but nothing to make me run out and buy the game.