Wolfenstein?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Corbin
Zealot

Wolfenstein?

Post by Corbin »

Has anyone played it? I finally bought it and, despite what some people are saying, so far it's really fun. It really makes me feel like I'm taking part in an action movie. The weapons are great, the Viel's powers don't feel cheaply tacked on, and the graphics are pretty good for the old D3 engine. I haven't beaten it, but I do plan on doing so. Some of it reminds me of RtCW, I wish they would have modeled it closer to Return but it's still really awesome. Way, way better than I expected it to be.

Has anyone else played it? What do you guys think?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I haven't done yet. I'll probably pick it up when I can find it for $10 like I did for FEAR
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

@Corbin:

Screenies mayhap?
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

From what I have seen it plays alot like RTCW. I'm afraid I didn't get the feeling I was playing a Wolfenstein sequel but in all honestly I dont know how they could have pulled that off with how much different FPS's are nowadays.

I got the same feeling from Doom3. It was a great game but I did not feel the attachment at all from the original games. They are just too different.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Wolfenstein?

Post by Tchernobog »

Clari87 wrote:And the graphics are pretty good for the old D3 engine.
God, now I am feeling old... :?
Corbin
Zealot

Post by Corbin »

Haha, I shouldn't have called it old.

I work with a 16 year old gaming engine that was revolutionary when it came out. I remember the morning of Doom in 1993. What a frightening but amazing moment in my life.

Wolfenstein 3d isn't old to me. I just live in the era of late 80's, early-mid 90's stuff. It's sad. So if you feel old, put yourself on steroids, and that's how I feel.

I'm sure the older members on this site could add crack to the steroids though... ;)