What game sequel do you expect Monolith to do next?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Which do you think Monolith will make next?

Blood 3
31%
No One Lives Forever 3
6%
F.E.A.R. 3
38%
Condemned 3
No votes
Shogo II
25%

Total votes: 16
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Heh. Looks like most people want F.E.A.R. 3. I had this idea of what they could do for the 3rd game. Perhaps if they do make it seem like Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate actually did happen, then maybe it would be possible to play as the Point Man after the ending of Extraction Point with some of Perseus Mandate and events from F.E.A.R. 2 talked about and/or shown as it goes on so it makes sense. I really think F.E.A.R. 2 should have been continued from Extraction Point, but Monolith probably had no choice at the time since they didn't own the rights to the F.E.A.R. name. If only they had bought the rights sooner...

Edit: Monolith's site is still quarantined? Why the hell is it taking so long to design a new site? Possibly designing it for their next game, whatever it may be...
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Ransu wrote:Heh. Looks like most people want F.E.A.R. 3
Well. there is a difference between want and expect. I am sure that almost everyone on this forum would rather have a Blood3 of course, but they expect a F.E.A.R 3 (after all, the thread is called "What game sequel do you expect Monolith to do next?"). Just a little picky point. Though come to think of it, has Monolith ever done a trilogy? They often just seem to stop at two or one as the case may be.
Ransu wrote:Monolith's site is still quarantined? Why the hell is it taking so long to design a new site? Possibly designing it for their next game, whatever it may be...
Yeah, it is getting a little annoying. Especally since there Forum's and FTP Server went down with it.
VENOM
Axe Zombie

Post by VENOM »

Ransu wrote: If they do work on F.E.A.R. 3, then I hope they don't screw it up like they did with F.E.A.R. 2. F.E.A.R. 2 had lost a lot of things from the first game, mainly the gameplay and the scary ambient areas where strange things happened.
:D i dont think that FEAR 2 is screwed. at leest SEX sence was AWASOOOM :twisted:

i want blood 3 but i expect FEAR 3 :P
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Tchernobog wrote: Well. there is a difference between want and expect.
Right. I forgot about that. :lol:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Ransu wrote:Right. I forgot about that. :lol:
Eh, no worries. Just me being a basterd with English. :P
VENOM wrote:i dont think that FEAR 2 is screwed. at leest SEX sence was AWASOOOM :twisted: ;P
I was a little taken aback when I heard about that. With all the pedophile hysteria going on I think it might have been a little bit of a risky idea to make Alma engage in such acts. They did make her older while doing them, but it was still risky.