Duke Nukem Forever teaser trailer TOMORROW!!

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Duke Nukem Forever teaser trailer TOMORROW!!

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Yes, George announced today along with a kick ass screen of Duke that a teaser trailer would be released tomorrow.
As the kick start to the media showing of DNF.... it's coming.
Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever.

After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, there has been a screen shot taken from the teaser and posted in our forums. Check it out here.

Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.

We'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John).
http://www.3drealms.com/

http://www.duke4.net/images/news/dnf_12_18.jpg

Enjoy.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

No sh!t? Wow. I had to check my calendar...

"Is it April 1st again ALREADY?"

Thanks for the news. 8)

Heheheh they didn't want to pull a "Blood II" so they took a little extra time.

-Slink
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Well technically DNF has only been in real development since 2002. The previous build was thrown out as the DNF team was still coming and going.

People were going off to different teams, the PREY team was disbanding and coming back to the DNF team.

In 2002 they started fresh and they've been going strong since then... so 2008 is actually looking to be the final leg of the wait.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

the screen looks so-so.
like that plastic doom3 engine.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

One more hour.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50464

Trailer is up at Shacknews and it is awesome. This is how you do a teaser... man I want the game. :)
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

nice!
i remember me playing duke time to kill and land of the babes in my old ps1 (:
i wonder when its going out...
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

this "teaser" is totally meh.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

10 years and 3 Billion for THAT!?!
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

DustyStyx wrote:10 years and 3 Billion for THAT!?!
No.

Four years, and a little over 10 million for that minute long teaser when most teasers last thirty seconds.
Look at RS:V2's new teaser... 30 seconds of pre-rendered s***.

DNF's teaser was full in game and complete badass. Specially when you consider it was developed on the Unreal Engine with 3DR's own modifications.

Yes DNF was originally announced in 1997. But the first version was scratched when they realized the Q2 Engine wouldn't do what they needed. The Second version was scratched in late 2002 because of the small team size and constant coming and going of employees.

After that they locked in a team and worked straight on from then, a few years ago they locked in the tech and begin building content. With no team members leaving except two, and adding in new members for level designers and animators.
This teaser marks the end of the media blackout.

And in all honesty this version of DNF is similar to how PREY was handled.... announced then scratched and reborn.

George has said more media will be released very soon with a full trailer coming very soon.
He's also said in the past that when the media blackout ended it would be roughly six months until the game's release. They wouldn't release media until the game was BETA stage.

DNF is coming... believe or don't, hate or love it... I don't care. I'm excited and that teaser did what it was supposed to do. It teased me, and left me wanting more.
I'm very much looking forward to the official trailer and screens... 2008 looks to be the release of DNF.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I never really was into the DN games and it doesn't really get me all that excited but it looks nice. :)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

That trailer's snippets of actual gameplay were so short that I didn't even crap my pants. Very :-/ "Meh".

In response to following post: "Meh."
Last edited by Slink on Thu Dec 20, 2007 07:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Let's just be completely honest. That teaser wasn't meh, it friggin sucked ass.
Ryu91
Axe Zombie

Post by Ryu91 »

But atleast its something that gives us more hope for DNF's release :D
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Is there anything new about this or was it just the teaser? Has there been any new developments? It has been months since the teaser and they were talking like thare was more stuff coming...

Caleb wins over Duke anyway though, but just asking...