Redneck Rampage

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

mouth wrote:Only a person that never played Duke before all other build games arrived could bash Duke3D.
I've played games before Duke3D:
- Legend of the Seven Paladins (China only, and doesn't dwelve itself down into lame jokes either)
- Tekwar
- Witchaven
- Powerslave
all before Duke3D :(
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Oh, Goodness, how I do miss cooperative multiplay. My friends and I used to enjoy Blood so, as well as Doom, Duke, Heretic, RoTT, Shadow Warrior, etc. Except for when the F@%*()% CRASHED! :reallymad: Those were the days. :)
-Slink
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

- Legend of the Seven Paladins (China only, and doesn't dwelve itself down into lame jokes either)
- Tekwar
- Witchaven
- Powerslave
they all sucked so much. although witchaven (both) got its textures ripped apart among many build-engine games total conversions. and it was kinda neat to see bloody player's hand in powerslave.

remember that shadow warrior in it's first version was supposed to be something like a serious game actually, on the blake stone engine (i think). maybe then 3drealms decieded that the world needs sort of asian duke3d?
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Gila wrote:on the blake stone engine (i think).
nope, blake stone used wolf3d, and shadow warrior's earliest shots clearly show of Build. Ditto for Blood and Ruins (aka powerslave)
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

oh yeah, come to think of it, the first shadow warrior shots were done on build engine at the time of "ken's labyrinth". forgot about that one.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

leileilol wrote:
mouth wrote:Only a person that never played Duke before all other build games arrived could bash Duke3D.
I've played games before Duke3D:
- Tekwar
- Witchaven
- Powerslave
all before Duke3D :(
I played them all but they're hardly worth mentioning since they use what, 20% of build's capabilities?
Metroid47
Axe Zombie

Post by Metroid47 »

I thought this thread was about Redneck Rampage..... :D
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Hold on to yer butt!
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

anyone remembers "cuss pack" for original redneck rampage?
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

I can. I can't remember though, are the voice actors the same? It (the cuss pack) does tend to get a bit repetative tho. :skull:
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

same voice actors of course. it was ok and stupid and fun but one line was uber-repetitive, it was billy ray jeter's pain sound when he screams "ow, f###er!".
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

One thing I liked about RR was the hi-rez textures and sprites. Couldn't stand them terrible CGI characters though, gotta love photographed figurines! (Blood) ;)

They could have done the hi-rez thing in Blood or SW too! Of course, that led to lazy CGI art compared to painstakingly hand-edited photos, I suppose.

Come to think of it, there was SOME hand-drawn art in RR, I think...

-Slink
ghoste-unlogged

Post by ghoste-unlogged »

RR got few interesting options such as getting drunk which impair visuals and controls. :evillaugh: hehe also pork and chicken feeds on grass... Hires textures doesnt go well with relatively poor animation..