Condemned 2: Bloodshot...

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Condemned 2: Bloodshot...

Post by Damien_Azreal »

... that's right. The Survival horror themed shooter from Monolith for the Xbox 360 and PC now has an official sequel. Planned for release in early 2008.

http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=14376968

SEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe, Ltd. today announced Condemned 2: Bloodshot, the next chapter in the terrifying series that began with the award-winning and critically-acclaimed Condemned: Criminal Origins. Featuring all-new fighting mechanics and online multiplayer functionality, Condemned 2: Bloodshot is a first-person action thriller immersing players in a world of psychological terror. Following a string of gruesome murders, players must use their deductive skills and brute force to track down sadistic serial killers. Developed by the renowned Monolith Productions, creators of the original Condemned game, Condemned 2: Bloodshot is slated to ship in early 2008 for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system.

Players will assume the identity of Ethan Thomas, former Serial Crimes Unit investigator, who has been called back to duty to track down his missing partner. The disturbing events from Ethan's past have left him a broken man - a desperate burnout drifting aimlessly through society in an inexplicable decline. Fighting inner demons throughout his one-man investigation into a sinister conspiracy, Ethan will need to use anything and everything in the environment to survive as he unravels the mysteries shrouding the city in darkness.

"Condemned 2: Bloodshot will keep gamers on the edge of their seats," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America. "Experience all the tension, psychological terror, and a variety of first-person hand-to-hand fighting mechanics in this innovative atmospheric thriller gamers have been longing for."

As Ethan, players will engage in visceral combat using a variety of firearms, blunt instruments and an all-new fighting system complete with defensive and offensive combo chains, as well as grapples and holds. To help track the killer and solve the mysteries behind Condemned 2: Bloodshot, players will crack open an all-new set of high-tech forensic tools. Using wits and brute strength, murders can be solved a number of different ways to keep players guessing throughout each suspenseful investigation.

Taking the Condemned universe to a new level, Condemned 2: Bloodshot introduces a variety of thrilling online multiplayer modes, including deathmatch, that promise to deliver the most brutal hand-to-hand combat experience the first person genre has ever seen.

I'm excited as hell and can't wait. The idea of continuing Ethan's journey now is a great idea. With him a broken man I can't wait to see the new combat/melee system.
No official word on a PC version but given Monolith's history I'd say we'll get a port a few months after the console release.

Also, a concept drawing of Ethan Thomas is up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cond ... thomas.jpg
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Wow, Ethan has really changed!
Ryu91
Axe Zombie

Post by Ryu91 »

This bump may be unnecessary but i don't know I might as well tell my feelings towards Condemned... I thought the first one was really good scary yet compelling since I'm into Detective kind of stuff. I heard Condemned 2 will be coming out on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 which I would like to get maybe for Easter or my birthday.

By the way has Monolith said anything about porting the Condemned: Criminal Origins to the PS3? Just a question because I saw a game that was first out for the 360 called Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions (made by Capcom, not Monolith) and I was wondering if Monolith would do the same.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

This game and Manhunt 2 are perfect reasons why modern games suck since the current platform policies and the ESRB are going to be censoring games for now on what'll you like it or not so don't even bother with this game and go back to playing Blood or any older games....
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Recent news. :)

A few days ago, I'll post the article later, Frank Rooke of Monolith Productions stated a PC version of Condemned 2 is coming.
No time frame, but it will be released sometime after the console versions are released.

He also stated the PC version would contain extra content, additions and improvements.

Since Lith did say some time ago they pulled back the violence on the 360 and PS3 versions due to the rating fiasco with Manhunt 2... it could be possible that the PC version is end up like an "Uncut" version of the game.

I'm just happy a PC version is coming. I didn't even need any extra content... :D

The original Condemned was released on PC about six months after the console release... rumors state a similar release here.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

Not to mention that ESRB censored the nudity and sex for the US release of the Witcher which also came out in the PC....
Ryu91
Axe Zombie

Post by Ryu91 »

Damien_Azreal wrote:Recent news. :)

A few days ago, I'll post the article later, Frank Rooke of Monolith Productions stated a PC version of Condemned 2 is coming.
No time frame, but it will be released sometime after the console versions are released.

He also stated the PC version would contain extra content, additions and improvements.

Since Lith did say some time ago they pulled back the violence on the 360 and PS3 versions due to the rating fiasco with Manhunt 2... it could be possible that the PC version is end up like an "Uncut" version of the game.

I'm just happy a PC version is coming. I didn't even need any extra content... :D

The original Condemned was released on PC about six months after the console release... rumors state a similar release here.
Awesome and this has been confirmed by Monolith correct
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Ryu91 wrote:
Damien_Azreal wrote:Recent news. :)

Awesome and this has been confirmed by Monolith correct
It has yet to be confirmed by Sega, but they are only the publisher. Monolith has stated they've been developing the game for PC for some time now... it won't be a port of the console version.

It is it's own PC version of Condemned 2. :) Sega is funding the development of the game, so with a PC version being made Sega knows it.

They just are not ready to annouce it.

Here's the article... though it's in Dutch.

In an interview with GameRush, Frank Rooke of Monolith has indicated that next to the Xbox 360- and PS3 version, Condemned 2: Bloodshot will also get a PC version.

However, this will happen after the game has been released on both consoles. This is because Monolith wants to see what the result will net them and what could possibly be improved. So it won't be a real port since it seems the PC version will have more improvements and extras. Rooke mentioned the following about this:

http://www.gamequarter.be/?p=news&nid=13897

And here's my translation of said article, not perfect... but it's close.
In an interview with GameRush, Frank Rooke of Monolith has indicated that next to the Xbox 360- and PS3 version, Condemned 2: Bloodshot will also get a PC version.

However, this will happen after the game has been released on both consoles. This is because Monolith wants to see what the result will net them and what could possibly be improved. So it won't be a real port since it seems the PC version will have more improvements and extras. Rooke mentioned the following about this:

"Condemned 2 will indeed only be released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in this shape, but we haven't forgotten about the PC. We intent do release the game later and in a different shape for this platform."
Ryu91
Axe Zombie

Post by Ryu91 »

Interesting hopefully my mom or dad can get me Condemned 2 for either my birthday, christmas, or better yet I could get it myself if I get enough money. I'll be turning 17 soon so I should be able to buy my own M-Rated games with ID :D
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

i dont think its coming to pc
in gamespot its not appears.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

So your willing to believe Gamespot over one of the developers from Monolith?

Why the hell would you ever believe Gamespot about anything?
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

gamespot has the most readable and updated news
and i didn't read the article on monlith
hope it will come to pc,now it realesed for xbox 360
monolith are so good about making scary and fateful games
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Gamespot are not very reliable really.

And Frank Rooke of Monolith has stated they have been developing Condemned 2 for PC as well.
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

the combat is now better and more strikes
and more realistic!
hope they going to make it soon for pc
even demo will be great for now.