My new PC...

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

I say only one word: OVERKILL!

Man, even your old PC is the thing I want to have :P
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I gave my old PC to my fiance. Her old PC was a true piece of s***, partially fried motherboard with no internet or networking capabilities. GeForce FX series card... it deserved to be put down. ;)
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

how can a mobo be partially fried???

if some part stops working it is general that all of it stops working
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Not sure how it happened. The PC was online and lightening hit, the modem went out as well as network card. I tried to replace them but nothing.

Soon after power supply went. Replaced it and the PC ran fine... but no matter what, any card I put in to replace the modem it wouldn't work.

I've been waiting for two years now for the whole thing to go down but it hasn't. And a friend of mine who builds PC's around here looked at it, he said it's a miracle the damn thing has kept going. He told me it should've been completely fried.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

i truly agree with him on that, it is truly a miracle for a PC to survive a lightning bolt
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

:) Simple electronics: The weakest point breaks first. His NIC, modem, and PSU were all connected to the blast, but they were the intermediary between the shock and the pc. POP! PC is still ok. :) Now, if the bolt hit the pc...
-Slink
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Man that's one bad ass rig you got there! And your room is soo clean! :o I got wires hangin' everywhere man!
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I suffer from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and I tend to clean... constantly. I get really anxious and uneasy when things are out of their place.

A friend comes over and moves DVDs around on purpose... I always spot it instantly. I can tell you right now that Clerks 2 is in the first case, third shelf, fourth from the end. ;)
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Yeah, I've got OCD also. The thing about me is I can't stop going on my computer and I have anxiety but I'm not really obsessed with keeping things clean. My room's kind of a mess!
Shagg E
Axe Zombie

Post by Shagg E »

I too have OCD. The funny thing is, my apartment gives a whole new meaning to the word "mess". Most of my compulsive behaviors involve numbers and always touching things with my right hand last. If I touch, say, the keyboard with my left hand last, then I get nervous and anxious until I can brush it with my right hand. Weird, eh?
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Wow, I had no idea we had so many wack-jobs here... no, j/p I am actually insane: I'm anal about grammar and spelling, very edgy and bitchy sometimes. I try not to be a dick (except for when I am joking; then I go for it). ;) -Slink
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

Slink wrote:Wow, I had no idea we had so many wack-jobs here... no, j/p I am actually insane: I'm anal about grammar and spelling, very edgy and bitchy sometimes. I try not to be a dick (except for when I am joking; then I go for it). ;) -Slink
we all know that already :D

i got something called ADHD

its a nice little combo of stuff. i got short attention span and i can get really p*** very easy (be somewhere else when i reach bezerk stage) and the only effective way to cool me down is to sit infront of a PC and play a really fast paced and messy shooter like blood for example. i cat really remember all that comes with ths crap thing but it aint fun
Shagg E
Axe Zombie

Post by Shagg E »

Caleb_2k wrote:
Slink wrote:Wow, I had no idea we had so many wack-jobs here... no, j/p I am actually insane: I'm anal about grammar and spelling, very edgy and bitchy sometimes. I try not to be a dick (except for when I am joking; then I go for it). ;) -Slink
we all know that already :D

i got something called ADHD

its a nice little combo of stuff. i got short attention span and i can get really p*** very easy (be somewhere else when i reach bezerk stage) and the only effective way to cool me down is to sit infront of a PC and play a really fast paced and messy shooter like blood for example. i cat really remember all that comes with ths crap thing but it aint fun
This is becoming a "Share your Insanity" thread :P

Lets see... OCD, Bipolar Type 2, Manic Depressive Disorder, and Schitzoeffective Disorder. Hell of a mix, but intensive live-in therapy and meds have gotten me mostly straightened out. As long as nobody finds the bodies, it's all good... :P
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

:shock:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Damien_Azreal wrote:I have the shareware box for Doom and Heretic, plus that Doom trilogy and Doom collector's box. :D
Pictures! Please! :D

Also, since you have Doom, you and I oughta have a match someday. Yeah? ;)