My new PC...

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Well, no one asked for this but I just want everyone to see anyways.
I just set them both on my lap since I didn't have any other good spot to take a picture of them. I don't have the boxes anymore.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Drakan wrote:
Damien_Azreal wrote:I have the shareware box for Doom and Heretic, plus that Doom trilogy and Doom collector's box. :D
Pictures! Please! :D

Also, since you have Doom, you and I oughta have a match someday. Yeah? ;)
Yeah, I can take some pics... just got home from work so give me a bit. :)

And as for disorders... OCD, bi-polar, social anxiety disorder, slight paranoria, anger management issues, and border line psychosis. No meds and no therapy. Medication just made me worse when I was on it in high school... and I could always manage to manipulate the therapy sessions.

They told my parents I was to smart for regular therapy, they couldn't get into my head... but I could get into theirs.

I majored in Psychology in college. ;)
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Okay, I figured f*ck it and just took a picture of all my id Software games.

But as you can see, the Doom and Heretic shareware boxes are there. Also my games boxes for all the old id games and my CD for Wolf3D.

And given the forum I took a pic of all my Monolith game boxes as well.

Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Nice collection you have there! 8)
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Just a small portion of it.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

With the exception of one of those Deathkings boxes, I've held all of those in my hands at one point. I see you have Contract JACK, how was that? I heard it was really crappy.
Shagg E
Axe Zombie

Post by Shagg E »

Damien_Azreal wrote:
Drakan wrote:
Damien_Azreal wrote:I have the shareware box for Doom and Heretic, plus that Doom trilogy and Doom collector's box. :D
Pictures! Please! :D

Also, since you have Doom, you and I oughta have a match someday. Yeah? ;)
Yeah, I can take some pics... just got home from work so give me a bit. :)

And as for disorders... OCD, bi-polar, social anxiety disorder, slight paranoria, anger management issues, and border line psychosis. No meds and no therapy. Medication just made me worse when I was on it in high school... and I could always manage to manipulate the therapy sessions.

They told my parents I was to smart for regular therapy, they couldn't get into my head... but I could get into theirs.

I majored in Psychology in college. ;)
You too? I was always reverse-psychoanalyzing my therapists :P About the only head I haven't been able to get into is my girlfriend's... (She majored in psychology as well, and she can always tell when I'm analyzing her behaviors haha)

Anyhoo, I'll try to stay on-topic now :lol:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Damien, my mouse and keyboard sucked REALLY bad (wireless interference, not good stuff in general) so I got the same ones as you, because I needed a quieter keyboard (the lights are practically bonus) and the sensitivity changing works as well as I thought it would, and actually mostly because you were saying good stuff about them. I have a question, though. Are you having any problems with the left button on your mouse? Mine's acting up, with sometimes not clicking, sometimes in the middle of dragging it just stops clicking, and almost every time it DOES click, it double clicks when I press it once. I'm thinking I may have just gotten a faulty mouse.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I haven't had any problems with mine, you may have gotten a faulty one. Nobody else I know that has a MX518 has told me anything like the problems your having.

I plugged mine straight into the USB port, I didn't use the connector they have with the mouse. Are you using it just the USB port?

About the keyboard, I know... I love mine. I keep it on the red light as it seems the best IMO. Plus with red neons in my PC case it matches. :D
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Firstly, my case is red/orange/yellow, so the red LEDs are best fitting and look best anyway (though purple is surprisingly good).

Second, I actually also checked online, and someone has had like 3 of these things, and all had faulty LMBs. I'm work-arounding for now, I'll bring this one back in a few days. I can't even imagine what kind of lasting effect this will have on me... using my keyboard to navigate folders? What?
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Sucks, sorry man.

I've had nothing but good things with my MX518, I love the damn thing. Hopefully you'll get one that works well.

If you can't get a decent MX518 I would suggest going for a 700 series, they cost about 40 bucks more but have the same features. And it's cordless, I know some people find that to be a plus.

I had a cordless mouse before this one, got tired of batteries and s*** all the time. And a bunch of friends at 3DR forums raved about the 518 so I got it. I have to say I agree with them.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I agree, it's an awesome mouse, but... mine doesn't work. It hasn't always been like this, worked perfectly at first. Oh well.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Oh yeah, I guess I could use the blue lights on my keyboard... since the temp, fan and hard drive gages on the front of my case have blue neons.

And one fan on the side has a blue neon in it. :p
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I recently bought a new desk for the office...

Image Image

I think it looks much better this way. Also has improved the air flow for my PC... so I'm very happy.