Kurt's Plea: split 20091008

Problems logging in? Links not working? Graphics missing? 4xx errors? Post any forum problems here.

Moderator: Webmasters

User avatar
DustyStyx
2D Artist
Posts: 2038
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 02:12 am
Location: Salt Lake
Contact:

Post by DustyStyx »

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-genera ... in-chains/
Date: 03-03-02

My interpretation: Okay... so Corbin was 14 in 02. That makes him 21 or 22 now right? You know, legally, a JV reccord is sealed when the perp turns 18. I'm not sure I should even bother reading anything posted BEFORE 2006. Seriously, he was 14!!!

Please recompile your evidence to reflect what Corbin has done since he turned 18 (2006) rather than what he did when he was 14.

I don't have eyes tuned to look for B2R stuff being ripped off, so you are going to have to point that out to me.

Yes, I can see similarities in his work on RE, and what he's been doing by using Transfusion's skins ie. using them as stand-in props while the finalized stuff is being developed.

I did see his apology about Resident Evil Unleashed.

I also understand that Corbin no longer wishes to make Hypertension as a for profit game. I'd like have it pointed out where Corbin actually said this. The rumor mill said that he wanted to do it for the Dreamcast.
The Dreamcast? Seriously? How the hell could anyone make any kind of money selling something on a console that maybe 400 people still play around with?

Code: Select all

Reading Notes:

Note: It would have helped if you would state all the aliases Corbin is going by. Chu, Corba*, The_Doom_God

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/10877-resident-evil-unleashed-back-on-track/
Date: 10-27-02

Relivent text:  "I just want to make sure that everyone knows that we appoligize for the several supposed Public Tests coming out. They were never released. We even had 3drealms telling us not to!
But they thought we were going to sell it. Turns out we aren't."

My interpritation: He said he isn't going to sell whatever it is he was working on. The rest of the text seems to be general mod recruting.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/24221-wad-release/
Date: 06-10-04

Relivent texts:
• the old mod Resident Evil Unleashed has been released AS-IS. This means that when the old team stopped about 2 years ago working on it, that was *it*.
• How something that unprofessional can use copyrighted material that the rest of us can't use? ¶Anyway, nobody said that you can extract the graphics from games like Quake 3, Quake, Blood, Hexen, Duke 

Nukem, and a lot more, still..
• nobody said that you can extract the graphics from games like Quake 3, Quake, Blood, Hexen, Duke Nukem, and a lot more, still..
• I played a few levels and came out wondering what the hell I just went through, it was a diahrrea collection of everone elses hard work all mixed together. ¶I do not understand how you can say "And 

don't ask me if you can rip anything from it, because it's illegial." This entire package appears to be illegal.
• I never said it would be perfect, and I think I told you that the newer version wouldn't have so many borrowed material, did I not?

My interpritation: This appears to be a thread about a failed Resident Evil mod for Doom, that Corbin was a part of.  Corbin makes a claim about having been given permission to use Resident Evil elements 

in the mod, but links seem to be dead so I can't verify what kind of permission he was or was not granted.  However, it does not mean that it wasn't there. Transfusion was able to get permission from 

Infogrames afterall, it's not impossible.

Further discussion goes on about how members don't feel that he should use other sprites, but I'll give Corbin leway for using "stand-in" sprites; remember, Monolith did it in the Blood alpha.

The importaint issue here is that Corbin was claiming the rights to use specific materials from RE.  It was not clear that he inteneded to publish the final version of the mod with the other, borrowed 

stand-ins form other games.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/4853-copyright-issues-please-read/
Date: 01-12-02

Relivent texts:
• The_Doom_God states: "AND BOOM! There you go. Only way we got off cleanly is taht we got permission from Capcom and id to do the project. Reply to this post. I am curious to hear your flames."

http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=1041
date: 01.12.2008

Relivent texts:
• irafan writes: do we really need a s*** sequel of a s*** 'RESIDENT EVIL' mod by "3dfx" that contains nothing but scavenged stolen work ¶we KNOW that's max paynes hud on there, you cant fool us.
• Clari87 writes: Hey, buddy, if you don't have anything nice to say about this project, don't say it! It's that easy. Nobody cares anymore, except people that choose to remember that atrocity. In that 

case, it's *your* problem. ¶Blah, had to edit, but it was a bitch getting that to work in Fusion, mind you cheap.
• Clari87 writes: Uh huh, and you can only insult as well. If you aren't cheap then you are one of his yesmen! 

Note: I was wondering where Corbin's bagage came from.  If CheapAlert/leileilol is carrying it around and dumping it on varioud communities that would make sense.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:56 pm

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

DustyStyx wrote:I also understand that Corbin no longer wishes to make Hypertension as a for profit game. I'd like have it pointed out where Corbin actually said this.
However selling the sequel for profit while connecting it to a establish franchise that has nothing to do it is just as self serving and shows about his (rather questioning) mental capacity...
DustyStyx wrote:The rumor mill said that he wanted to do it for the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast? Seriously? How the hell could anyone make any kind of money selling something on a console that maybe 400 people still play around with?
Yep it's true...if you visit his site you'll notice at the right hand corner of the page you'll spot a "Sega Dreamcast" symbol and if you look at the bottom of his page you'll find a picture of Martin Luther King, Jr. that says "I have a Dreamcast" and the bottom of the picture says "Proud Developer for the Sega Dreamcast" and if you look on the bottom of that you'll spot a link...


Thus completely revealing Corbin's true intentions with Hypertension to profit his games for the Sega Dreamcast hence his games were meant to be commercial titles...

Here's also some threads of interest you might be interested to look at as well...

http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... in#p986558
http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... n#p1008656
http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... lit=Corbin
http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=98704
User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Post by kurt »

How have I attacked you Joe? You suggested that it's ok for someone to try to make money on something that they have no legal right to. But I suppose that no one should disagree with your view? The fact that you would even argue about it demonstrates that there is something clearly wrong. If even one cent is made through donations, the selling of CD's, or in the creation of any kind of sequel that is connected to intellectual property that is not rightfuylly owned, then it's one cent more then is deserved.

I honestly don't care how many resources are taken by people from various games. That's not my problem because I'm not the ethics and copyright police. But imitating and copying from a work in progress is a legitimate concern of mine because it directly affects what I've been trying to do for over 2 years. I definitely don't appreciate someone promoting themselves through an "inspired" imitation of my work and ideas. Clari has even publicly admitted to this, so how is that being paranoid?
Clari87 wrote:"I'm going to try and recreate that shot in Hypertension..
I swear kurt is the biggest single reason I continue to work on my game."

As for my own work, Monolith has in fact encouraged the sharing of resources between their own games. "It's the reason we released the source code and tools" according to Monolith. I have provided the links a number of times in the past but I do not have it available at the moment. That may still be in violation of any EULA, but if Monolith is ok with it, then it's fine with me as well. As I stated, I don't care what other people take from games, but when it directly affects me then I do have issues.

I can certainly understand that Zardoz will argue with me even if I said the sky was blue. Obvious evidence seems to elude his limited intelligence. But honestly Joe, I don't know what your problem is or why you're even arguing with me. I really don't feel that there is any argument here. I have attempted to do my best for over 2 years to try to do something good for the community. In return someone with a lengthy history of causing problems with others has decided to imitate me. When I publicly expressed my diapproval, Clari and Zardoz both began a crusade to ridicule me and my work continuously for months. So do I have no right to be a little angry and bitter at the damage that has been done?

BoN has supplied a huge list of evidence demonstrating that Clari has a rather lengthy history of lies, manipulation, and of causing problems with others. I don't expect anyone to go through all of that, but the fact that it even exists demonstrates that there have been genuine problems with his character and ethics in the past. I was happily working away on B2R long before Clari ever came along, and he has done well to to cause problems and havoc, not only for me but for the entire Postmortem community as well.

So this project was all your idea then was it Joe? Perhaps you should have put a copyright on your brain, because I can't read other people's minds. You are arguing nonsense with me when I have been providing facts and evidence for months.

Anyone is free to ignore all of the facts and evidence, but why should my work and reputation suffer because of ignorance or deliberate malicious acts caused by a couple of self serving individuals? If this makes me "paranoid" or a "whiny bitch" then so be it.

__________________________________

Image
User avatar
Corbin
Zealot
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 09:48 pm
Location: california
Contact:

Post by Corbin »

kurt wrote:That is quite humorously ironic that you would use my thread to promote your forum.
Also very ironic you've been promoting my project through your numerous threads, even after the original Postmortem demise.
kurt wrote:I will therefor decline your invitation to visit your forum, and I will now end this discussion.
I'll be waiting for that day.
Blood of Nightmares wrote:I think I might as well post the facts/evidence here hoping that people would wake up and smell the coffee (and get where Kurt is coming from in his argument) but if that still doesn't work then I'm truly sadden that this forum has become...
Funny BON, you forgot to mention where you, Nato, and Gremlin666(Kurt) signed up and got pwned by Doomworld - twice for your recent (2009!!) trolling. Forgive and Forget. Yeah, I'm sure you left those out.
I Live...AGAIN wrote: Just looking at your site I can see content from Shogo, Blood, NOLF, KPC and whatever other Lithtech material you could get your hands on. I'm sure you have looked at code for these other games as well and tried to implement it with Lithtech 1.0. Is that not copying or "borrowing" also?
I was waiting for someone to finally point that out. Oh happy day.
BON wrote:while Corbin in the other hand is planning to release Hypertension (and the sequel) for profit based on stolen ideas mainly from Kurt's Resurrection project (which the entire reason Hypertension exists is because of B2R) which is entire point of Kurt's argument which everyone seems to be overlooking.
Your listening skills are baffling. I've stated plenty of times I'm not selling it. Do you have ADD or something?
Z wrote:Such logic will always be followed up with comments about any rejection of these claims as being a proof of stupidity or culpability. This is why your so called "evidence" should be rejected out of hand.
It already was Z.
DustyStyx wrote:My interpretation: Okay... so Corbin was 14 in 02. That makes him 21 or 22 now right? You know, legally, a JV reccord is sealed when the perp turns 18. I'm not sure I should even bother reading anything posted BEFORE 2006. Seriously, he was 14!!!
THANK YOU! Oh my God, THANK YOU!! I have been trying to make this point to them before. Most people, when Kurt/Nato/Bon tried trolling at Doomworld, agreed with this statement. However though...
Kurt wrote: That's not my problem because I'm not the ethics and copyright police.
Then you really need to shut your mouth.
Kurt wrote:Anyone is free to ignore all of the facts and evidence, but why should my work and reputation suffer because of ignorance or deliberate malicious acts caused by a couple of self serving individuals? If this makes me "paranoid" or a "whiny bitch" then so be it.
That's what we've been doing. Ignoring you. What's the deal? We are all free to do anything we want. Feel free to finally zip it, Kurt. Nobody really cares except you and BON. Your masqurading at Doomworld should have proved that.
Kurt wrote:That may still be in violation of any EULA, but if Monolith is ok with it, then it's fine with me as well.
Like I have said before Kurt...Monolith has no say. If Atari were to have a problem with your mod, you'd get owned, just like I would. Monolith has no say in it anymore. It does not boil down to them. I've told you this before. Atari would surely have a problem with you taking content from games that were just released not too long ago, who cares if they were all Monolith games. Your agrument stems from them saying that years ago. You really think that'd hold up in court? It's clear they really don't care. So keep borrowing stuff Kurt, you hypocrit.

Ignore all of this, I don't give a s*** Kurt. I'm not going to ram it up your ass like you're so hell bent on doing for everyone else alive on the planet. I'm sure you'll have a 6 page essay with a copy/paste of one of your earlier posts just to overshadow what I said.

Have a nice life dude.
User avatar
DustyStyx
2D Artist
Posts: 2038
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 02:12 am
Location: Salt Lake
Contact:

Post by DustyStyx »

kurt wrote:So this project was all your idea then was it Joe? Perhaps you should have put a copyright on your brain, because I can't read other people's minds. You are arguing nonsense with me when I have been providing facts and evidence for months.
I'll vouch for Joe on this one, he started working on a Blood E1M1 map for B2 a little after we stopped working on trying to convert Transfusion maps over to the Quake2 format. He also stated that he wanted to try and recreate Blood using the Blood2 engine. Just seeing the cultists out of B2Nightmares begs to have the rest of the work done.
User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Post by kurt »

[quote="Clari87"][/quote]

Where is that annoying buzzing sound coming from?

I can see Clari, that you have quickly got over your phony display of being well mannered and mature. You are indeed a manipulative, self serving parasite that will attempt to cause damage wherever you go. History has proven that to be true, while I have never had a problem with anyone until you came along.

No matter what you say or what damage you try to cause, reality will obviously never change.

___________________________________

Dusty, I actually began my project in 2001 and then my hard drive was destroyed. It would be 6 years before I began this project again. But that is all totally irrelevant to anything, and I would be more then happy to give Joe some credit if he feels that's appropriate.


__________________________________

Image
User avatar
Corbin
Zealot
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 09:48 pm
Location: california
Contact:

Post by Corbin »

kurt wrote:
Clari87 wrote:
Where is that annoying buzzing sound coming from?
Check your pockets.

As for your problems, you Kurt, as a developer, should have expected this. One who develops something and thinks that they'll skit happily away, are very wrong. Developers often get large amounts of flak, it's not all sunshine and roses. I don't care WHO you are. You've been lucky since you're using Lithtech. It's not popular and nobody knows how to work with it, and your mod isn't widely known, and this is the reason you've stayed out of the limelight. I feel this is also a reason you've grown bitter towards mine.
Kurt wrote:I can see Clari, that you have quickly got over your phony display of being well mannered and mature.
Now that you can't attack my project, you're attacking me as a person? Very, very noble. Just stop.
kurt wrote:No matter what you say or what damage you try to cause, reality will obviously never change.
Touche', Kurt.

Don't get angry at me Kurt. My head isn't made of stone, so is it not right for me to regain level? You need to use your amazing detective skills and quickly see that you're acting like a sore loser. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticing.
User avatar
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member
Posts: 805
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 05:33 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Thanks Chris. I'm glad to see an impartial opinion.

I was just trying to point out to Kurt how absurd all of this is. I don't take credit for anything, nor do I feel I deserve any.

Kurt,
As far as lies, theft and manipulation go, can we add "impersonation" to that list? Like maybe someone pretending to be an Atari representative?

Another example of how absurd this has become.

To Corbin's credit, he has been pretty silent for a long time about this fued, now only to be dragged into it to defend himself once again.
User avatar
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 03:13 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Unlike Corbin, your current handle doesn't seem to exist much past 05 kurt. Tell us, are you the same kurt who worked on the Gods 2 with Reactor?...

-Just asking.
User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Post by kurt »

No Zardoz, there is no pathetic history or skeletons in my closet that you can try to use against me.

I totally agree Joe that this is all totally absurd. If Clari had never stepped foot in this community would any of this be happening?

Clari despite all of the damage that you and Zardoz have attempted, my project does still in fact remain popular. I may not be able to post any new updates anymore because of you, and that directly affects the possibility of bringing in new talent. But I do still receive emails from people constantly, and they are always positive, In fact I just received one this morning from someone who said that I was their hero.

So I'm sorry to tell you that I am not a sore loser. I am a justifiably angry person that has tried to do good for the community, and has been forced to deal with destructive parasites and clueless morons. I feel the community deserves to know the real truth when lies are spread and damage is done, and anyone that feels that the truth should be silenced, should go move to Cuba.

You can lie all you like Clari, and attempt to do damage in every conceivable way, but the facts and the truth will always come out eventually.


__________________________________

Image
User avatar
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 03:13 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Kurt:
No Zardoz, there is no pathetic history or skeletons in my closet that you can try to use against me.
I'll take it that this means you are NOT the kurt who worked along side Reactor. Thanks for a simple straightforward answer to a simple straight forward question.


Oh, the gods2 was a noble effort on Reactors part (and "kurt's" who ever he was).
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:56 pm

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

kurt wrote:and anyone that feels that the truth should be silenced, should go move to Cuba.
Or maybe even better (or worse) Eritrea...
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Thu Oct 08, 2009 08:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Corbin
Zealot
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 09:48 pm
Location: california
Contact:

Post by Corbin »

kurt wrote:my project does still in fact remain popular.
Then get used to competition.

Competition isn't always fun, Kurt. You just have to learn to live with it. It should be a friendly thing. Did you forget that I actually tried helping your project at some point along the windy road? I'm sure you neglected to mention that to everyone here.
kurt wrote:I am a justifiably angry person that has tried to do good for the community, and has been forced to deal with destructive parasites and clueless morons. I feel the community deserves to know the real truth when lies are spread and damage is done, and anyone that feels that the truth should be silenced, should go move to Cuba.
I'm forced (at least here) to deal with you and you don't see me complaining to my audience about it, do you? You don't see me trolling every second I have, do you? Because I'm actually working. I don't care about this crap. And so now you feel obligated to troll about this every chance you get? Well have fun with that. I can see why your project is taking so long.

Just because you feel justified Kurt doesn't make you right. You are not the Blood police.
kurt wrote:But I do still receive emails from people constantly, and they are always positive, In fact I just received one this morning from someone who said that I was their hero.
I'm glad someone said that you are their hero. As a developer I'm sure that feels pretty good. But what does that have to do with this thread?
kurt wrote:You can lie all you like Clari, and attempt to do damage in every conceivable way, but the facts and the truth will always come out eventually.
Touche', Kurt. We will see you at the finish like then.



Are you done?
I'm tired of the copypasta.
User avatar
kurt
master of the universe
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 01:16 am
Location: vancouver canada
Contact:

Post by kurt »

How can I be done when you keep coming back for more?

You have no right to complain about anything Clari. You brought all of this on yourself with your lies, and attempts to do damage after imitating the work that I've been doing for over 2 years. You have learned absolutely nothing from your past which is full of evidence of your wrong doings.

I offered you support and encouragement at one time so I will mention that here. You also offered assistance to this project, which I thankfully had the sense to decline. I can only imagine how much of my work would have ended up in your "inspired" imitation then.

Competition is not a friendly thing when you copy someone elses work and then attempt to do damage. As Jon from Doomworld told you 6 years ago, "someone has a seriously warped and/or incomplete understanding of ethics, ownership and morality".

Maybe you might actually learn something some day, but in the meantime the rest of the community certainly has.


__________________________________

Image
User avatar
DustyStyx
2D Artist
Posts: 2038
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 02:12 am
Location: Salt Lake
Contact:

Post by DustyStyx »

kurt wrote:Dusty, I actually began my project in 2001 and then my hard drive was destroyed. It would be 6 years before I began this project again. But that is all totally irrelevant to anything, and I would be more then happy to give Joe some credit if he feels that's appropriate.
Oh, that's right. I had forgotten about that.

However, I will still vouch for Joe that he had the same idea, developed separately. Joe and I were working together fairly often to get maps ready for Transfusion. When Transfusion decided to move to the quake3 map format Joe decided to split ways with active development and decided to pursue other Blood2 projects like fixing the nVidea bug and remapping Blood1 into Blood2.
Locked