2 QUICK WISHES

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

dhruba.bandopadhyay
Rat

2 QUICK WISHES

Post by dhruba.bandopadhyay »

I was quite impressed when I played Transfusion the first time. The DarkPlaces Quake engine is a big improvement over the original Quake engine. Transfusion is quite close to the original Blood multiplayer and a good replacement.

However there's a few things I really wanted from Blood that Transfusion changed. Please please please can you put these back in (maybe as options).

1. Guns akimbo on Napalm Launcher. I really don't like them being dropped on the floor. I really miss the double-shooting of both Napalm Launchers when you press the 'alternative' attack button.

2. Implement all the secrets in the Blood levels. The till in level 3 wasn't responding and the bookcases should open up, etc.

Excellent recreation of an old time classic game.! Keep up the great work guys!
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Thanks for your input, glad you like the conversion so far.

We plan on getting all the secrets in Blood to work with Transfusion, Predator is in the process of converting our maps to q3bsp wich should give the mappers more flexability. As DP has evolved many of our quake1 format maps have begun to show errors that weren't noticable befor. It's possible the secret you are describing was working befor but has since been out modded.

As for weapons fire, we want to replicate how the final version of Blood (1.21) handled them. So the alt-fire napalm will lob out 2 bouncing balls of napalm, sorry. If it becomes a popular request some one might include checkboxes for the varous weapons incarnations, but first things first.
dhruba.bandopadhyay
Rat

Is there a bugzilla where we can submit map bugs?

Which verion of Transfusion has the quake1 format maps? Was it Transfusion 1.0?

My favourate deathmatch level is E1M2 - Wrong Side Of The Tracks. The book shop in the railway station should have a crack in the corner of the wall, which will blow up and lead to the railway security guard box room. Also, the gates don't open up. I believe this part of the level wasn't implemented yet? Though, there is a hole implemented in the book shop ceiling.

There are some slow-downs that I think people might find annoying:

1. When I alternative-fire my sawed-off shotgun into another player, the whole game freezes for 1.5 seconds.

2. Diagonal jumping is a big buggy. And especially when jumping into a wall. I remember in original Blood, if you diagonally jump into a wall, you slide along it... as if you were trying to walk into the wall. But in Transfusion, somehow you get stuck on the wall. This prevents me from doing my favourate side-ways jumping out of windows... especially in E1M2 hallway 3 windows to outside ledge where there's a 100/200 life health (looks like an eye).
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Every public release to date has been Q1BSP. 1.1Beta4 will be the first to use Q3BSP (and we'll only include Q3BSP maps so that crouching is universal throughout all maps).

E1M2 is planned to be included in the first Q3BSP rounds, and any changes that need to be made, we will hear... just post in the Beta Discussion forum.

All weapons are being updated a bit, but will need further tweaking beyond 1.1beta4, no doubt... That will be half the idea behind the beta is getting things closer to Blood.

I haven't noticed any problem with shotgun altfire in current code running with bots, but we'll have to see...
dhruba.bandopadhyay
Rat

I almost forgot, the weapon #4 tommy gun muzzle flashes.

So, I have to post to this Beta Discussion...opposed to this Suggestions?
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

dhruba.bandopadhyay wrote:So, I have to post to this Beta Discussion...opposed to this Suggestions?
Only if you have anything else.
I've got your last remarks, thanks for your input.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

We're working on including muzzle flashes in 1.1beta4
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

dhruba.bandopadhyay wrote:2. Diagonal jumping is a big buggy. And especially when jumping into a wall. I remember in original Blood, if you diagonally jump into a wall, you slide along it... as if you were trying to walk into the wall. But in Transfusion, somehow you get stuck on the wall. This prevents me from doing my favourate side-ways jumping out of windows... especially in E1M2 hallway 3 windows to outside ledge where there's a 100/200 life health (looks like an eye).
You're going to have to elaborate a little more on this, because I'm still not sure what you mean by "walk into the wall" or "get stuck on the wall"