Daily update

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

666 Willis! 666 Willis! 666 Willis! 666 Willis! 666 Willis! 666 Willis! 666 Willis! 666 Willis! 666 Willis! 666 Willis! 666 Willis!

I always feel guilty for making new pages.
Fresh_meat
Cultist

Post by Fresh_meat »

Willis wrote :
and some version down the line to also have Blood 2 (which will be a lot of work)
I have planned to initiate a Blood 2 remake using Icculus Quake 3 engine. Transfusion 3 is it name and support md4 format. Of cause it's just a project and it hasn't started yet. You will say : why are you modding this engine and not Darkplaces ? Just because I am a C coder and Quake 3 is written in C.
Fresh_meat
Cultist

Post by Fresh_meat »

Just about that : Willis, are you agreed if I restart Transfusion 2 but with the objectif to remake Blood II and The Nightmare Levels with icculus Quake 3 and without any contents from the original Blood II ?
Last edited by Fresh_meat on Wed Jun 28, 2006 09:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

scar3crow wrote:sure, just put your head right here on this nice wooden pillow and youll have a nice long nap
Heads will roll...

But seriously, headless football was included in the Blood 1 MP package, right? Not just the nightmare levels.

:rip: :phantasm:
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Fresh_meat wrote:I have planned to initiate a Blood 2 remake using Icculus Quake 3 engine. Transfusion 3 is it name and support md4 format. Of cause it's just a project and it hasn't started yet. You will say : why are you modding this engine and not Darkplaces ? Just because I am a C coder and Quake 3 is written in C.
DarkPlaces is also written in C, however, the gamecode is not, so hopefully that is what you were refering to.
Fresh_meat wrote:Just about that : Willis, are you agreed if I restart Transfusion 2 but with the objectif to remake Blood II and The Nightmare Levels with icculus Quake 3 and without any contents from the original Blood II ?
Although I am not the one to ask, (Kazashi is the project lead, not myself), I can tell you this cannot be allowed. The reason being this: the Transfustion project has recieved a quitclaim lisence to use the Blood series content for a single project. This single project is Transfusion. Should be decide to add on further (such as adding Blood 2 or our own custom content) it must be created within our single project. In which case it is still only a single Transfusion project, where our version could be 2.0 or 3.0 but would still include all previous content to be considered a single project, where as the numbers are just milestone markers.

Beyond the scope of our single project, we don't have the authority to give away permission to any Blood content, only what we make our selves without modifying an original (IE, textures, models, sounds, etc which have not used the originals as a base).

So if you wish to do a seperate project with unofficial content, we would highly request that you use a different name. Eventually we will get to Blood 2 content which official data, its just going to take some time.

Daedalus: awww, 666 is now more :mad: I had completely forgoten that that was going to be 666, but at least it wound up in a TFn thread and not one demanding people behave!

But alas, the mask is always with me!
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

To expand and clarify some things in this thread.

Versioning:

Version 1.1 won't be the final version of Transfusion. It will be the final version of the series of 1.1 betas, and the intention is to provide a playable Episode 1.

The primary goal is to recreate all of Blood, including the original 4 episodes, plus Bloodbath, plus Episode 6, plus Cryptic Passage. There is currently no fixed version for this, except for maybe tentatively calling it v2.0. But this is way down the track. Anything else, like user Blood maps and Blood 2 maps, is a nice addition to have, but not a primary goal.

Updating:

After the final release of 1.1 it's quite possible we may begin releasing more regular updates that can simply plug into the full release. As Willis said, there may not be enough progress on a weekly basis to warrant new updates (which is one reason the betas have been few and far between), but we shall try to come up with some kind of regular update to stop people from going "it's dead", or wrecking their keyboards with drool.

We don't plan on giving anyone outside the team free and uninhibited access to a data repository for a couple of reasons. Primarily, it's not the most organised thing in the world. It is also in a state of flux, with items being updated, cleared out etc. It also helps us keep track of who is doing what; people are free to provide content if they think they can, but it would be ungainly to have a totally open submission process. However, we will continue to keep our codebase open, as the GPL requires.

Transfusion 2:

Although there is no actual copyright in place for our express use of "Transfusion", it would be somewhat silly for another project to arise and claim the same name. Any remakes of Blood 2 would not be able to use the moniker of Transfusion unless it was by the Transfusion team. We have been granted use of Blood 2 materials as well as that from Blood, but this does not give us the ability to allow other projects outside our capacity to arise and recreate other Blood games.

Post by Guest »

Wow..

Can't quite believe I broke through web control filter to post this.
I'm not sure what's going on but based on what I can read from this page it looks exciting! :gargoyle:

Good luck transfusion team!

zZardoZz