Daily update

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Fresh_meat
Cultist

Daily update

Post by Fresh_meat »

I think I have not been really usefull for helping TF (just to say not at all) so I have an idea I can easily doing : build a new TF for each new cvs update with contents update. There will be only one 7zip, the old will be overwrited for each new update. This can also include the latest Darkplaces beta or cvs/svn.
Last edited by Fresh_meat on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That's a good idea. The latest public release is extremely obsolete.
Jethro
Fanatic

Re: Daily update

Post by Jethro »

Fresh_meat wrote:I think I have not been really usefull for helping TF (just to say not at all)
That's untrue! I think that you've done great job with retexturing!
Fresh_meat wrote:so I have an idea I can easily doing : build a new TF for each new cvs update with contents update.
The problem is that I've visited TF cvs recently and it seems that they're not updating it at all (latest thing there is about two years old), so there is no possibility of bringing your plan to life :/
Fresh_meat
Cultist

Post by Fresh_meat »

Jethro wrote :
that's untrue! I think that you've done great job with retexturing!
Thanks ! But I wish I write some code but I am juste a C coder not a Quake C and I never thound a good French Quake C tutorial (just because I don't understand everything in US tutorials)

Jethro wrote :
The problem is that I've visited TF cvs recently and it seems that they're not updating it at all (latest thing there is about two years old), so there is no possibility of bringing your plan to life :/
Don't take about date of viewCVS, if you use the CVS command line, you will be surprised to find the code up to date, synchronized with the latest mailling list issue.
Try :

Code: Select all

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@blood.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/blood co -P qblood
I think the real problem is about the new models, if the latest code was update with news animations or psk models, I will need to have an access to the model repository, and this depend of our great Willis master'willingness.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Here is my view on this.

As it sits right now, there is too much difference between 1.1beta3 and what we are working up for 1.1beta4. The reason for this is the switch to q3bsp. The package we want to provide will only contain q3bsp maps as the code will give a false sense of crouching in the older q1bsp maps. Aside from that, yes, a lot of models are being done in the newer psk format, and we're working on getting everything in and organized.

The cvs is up-to-date, but sourceforge had a few small problems recently causing some things to appear long-frozen when they are in fact not. The current webcvs is now http://blood.cvs.sourceforge.net/blood/qblood/progs/ for gamecode. Updates have been sparce, but will be much more abundant in the time leading up to 1.1beta4 and thereafter.

Once we hit the 1.1beta4 milestone, I will do my best to provide bi-weekly updates (I don't feel we get enough done in a week really) which will simply be engine snapshots and updated pk3 files which can be dropped into the basetf folder. But getting to that stable milestone point is the most important step. I've got a lot of things I want to finish before we get there, as do a few others.

One note I would like to bring up is an attempt at bringing back the weekly bloodbath that has been very missed for a long time now. I believe it has previously been scheduled on both Sunday nights and Monday nights. I'd like to see if we can get a date set that can appease most people (past experiences have definatly proven you can't get everybody all the time). I have a fairly open schedule for this, but I think weekends have always worked the best for most people.

Its almost disappointing we have to call our next release a beta, but our ultimate goal for 1.1 final is all of Episode 1 in single player, and we're sticking to that. 1.1beta4 should contain a playable singleplayer version of E1M1 and E1M2 but the AI will still be a little weak (we'll be tweaking it as we get more maps for Episode 1 and have more data gathered for what we need).

So its been a long time in the making, and its not just vaporware... 1.1beta4 IS coming, and I'd like it to be within 3 or 4 weeks. Once we hit that, I think as long as we can keep the maps flowing, we'll be in good shape for regular updates and get things back to the way they used to be.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

WIN!
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Is the ultimate goal still the (very) ambitious recreation of every Blood map? I know you said 1.1 Final, but I read that as different from merely Final.

I would like to see the weekly Bloodbath return, though Sunday and Monday nights are... terrible for me, due to classes and work. Why not Friday nights?
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I would like to see the weekly Bloodbath return, though Sunday and Monday nights are... terrible for me, due to classes and work. Why not Friday nights?
Hmm, my 3D sawed-off is getting a little rusty. :wink:
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

How about Bloodbath tommorow? Let's say 20:00 GMT? I can host a game (but only via hamachi as I don't have public IP). Bloodbath anyone?
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

I'll try to be there! :)
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

Jethro wrote:How about Bloodbath tommorow? Let's say 20:00 GMT? I can host a game (but only via hamachi as I don't have public IP). Bloodbath anyone?
What are you talking about with Hamachi?
Hamachi isn't needed for Transfusion Bloodbath only original Blood (I'm not even sure it works with Blood)

A weekly Transfusion bloodbath sounds great!
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Hamachi will be needed if I am the one who host the game as my computer is behind NAT and thus (as I can't forward ports) we'll need something to override that. Or maybe someone else will host the game? That would be better.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Ooh, do we get to play headless football too?

:phantasm:
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

sure, just put your head right here on this nice wooden pillow and youll have a nice long nap
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

scar3crow wrote:Is the ultimate goal still the (very) ambitious recreation of every Blood map? I know you said 1.1 Final, but I read that as different from merely Final.

The "final" indicator was just in reference to the 1.1 version as there has (and will be more) betas of it. I'd suspect 1.2 to have complete Blood 1 maps, possibly without Plasma Pak/Cryptic Passage, and some version down the line to also have Blood 2 (which will be a lot of work). I'm not so sure we'll be sticking to the 'as close to the original as possible' variety however ;) Then versions after that will be new content (episodes, story, etc..) with some newer higher res, updated artwork, etc... but thats way down the road...

As for a Bloodbath, organizing them before beta4 is kind of hard as we have to use 1.1beta3 as a base, and some users have updated content since then (q3bsp maps, etc...) which makes it difficult to sync up. Which is why I want to try keeping on a schedule post-beta4 for updates so we can always bloodbath with current data.

If you guys still want to get some started before then, thats great as well, I can't make the one tomorrow (well, today) at 20:00 GMT however, as thats when I leave for work, friday, saturday, or sunday are all good for me. I'll try and have a 1.1beta3patch server up sometime soom (US based). If not, it will definatly be up for 1.1beta4 and updated regularly.