BOSSES OF EPIPHANY

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

THE BEAST

BOSSES OF EPIPHANY

Post by THE BEAST »

Hello Again, Servants of the Soft Machine,

Before I begin, I'll quickly say that I wasn't trying to annoy you by talking about ideas for remakes and sequels. I read the FAQ thoroughly long before I posted, I have a love relationship with the Quake engine, and I am really excited with the Advanced Dark Places engine. I only wanted to entertain you the possiblites of somebody reviving to game to grander heights. I hope I didn't offend you by suggesting Blood 2 be remade to Unreal, or annoy you with my lengthy essay on Blood 3, I just wanted to speak to other enthusiasts of good gaming.

Quickly, the big flaws of the original Blood are the Boss fights. None of the Bosses have much originality to them, they provoke expectations, and they are used to often as minibosses in the game. Although I loved the emotional inolvement of the fight with Cheogh: it made me want to learn more about the game. Shial, Cerberus, and the End Guy should at least be developed some more, for proper effect. Shial is way to small. Bosses should be bigger, and each one has to have a momentus introduction.

Shial: Descent into caverns surrounded with bodies, little commentary from Caleb, call out Gabrielle's name. Be wary of where the spider may be waiting.

Cerberus: Ishmael burning on a crucifix, Cerberus, before gigantic really hot gates, a grizzly titan, before a great fortress on a sea of lava. Cerberus, being a meat thristy dog, must be damn fast. It can should napalm all it likes, but both heads are desperate to sink their dentures into the little Caleb's body like a rag doll

Tchernobog: A vast temple arena, full of hysteric naked men, priests on balconies. Audience heard. The Dark God, down the mile long hallway, a horned tremendous skeleton, who backhands Caleb into the wall, or squashes him with his heel.

I understand due to the copyright laws of Blood, it may be difficult to advance the Boss fights, or seek a better script for the end, unless the CEO or the Blood programers were able to give there blessing on that point too.

Never mind. A mere suggestion. I won't you anymore.

Architeuthis Dux, the Giant Squid
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

Tchernobog: A vast temple arena, full of hysteric naked men, priests on balconies. Audience heard. The Dark God, down the mile long hallway, a horned tremendous skeleton, who backhands Caleb into the wall, or squashes him with his heel.
A stripped down version of this could be done with MAPEDIT. The ropies would do for the hysteric almost naked men. If you reskinned the mime and kept him level with the players view you could have some cannon fodder robed priests.

Hall of the Epiphany might be the most redone blood map there is.
Dwayne Anderson did a decent one on a sea of lava.
Arjan?... boyblood?- I forget who- did a nice one that involved a long trip through a cavernous temple- great atmospheric build up.