Reply to Locked Topic "Inner Carnage"

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Reply to Locked Topic "Inner Carnage"

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Is my version of E1M1 for Blood 2 considered a "Playable Demo" or "Proof Of Concept" ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

Thats pretty cool! Is it a remake of E1M1 or a conversion from the original?
That map would be fun to play, but I think it would be a bad idea to do a full conversion from Blood to Blood 2 for a number of reasons.
was your map ever released? Because this is the first time I've heard of it.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Yes Joe, that counts. Unfortunatly it's for the Lithtech engine so it falls in the same boat as Unreal. :(
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Maybe we should start a petition to Monolith to release the full Blood 2 source code. I think it's pretty old and buggy, and it doesn't contains any technical secrets. :D
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I never actually released the map, I think Cruaich and Pred might have played it, I did it awhile back during one of our great engine debates.

I will see if I can find it when I get to my home PC, I think you need to run a REZ for the textures to work and it does have monsters in it to beat up on :D

I'll take some better screens of it too cause those above are missing a bunch of stuff I know I put in the map :wink:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I played an earlier version of it than that I think. Most of the room behind the curtians was missing all togeather.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

OK, here is a link to get the latest version of E1M1 that I have for B2, it is complete with all rooms and exploding walls and such.

http://home.comcast.net/~jvolante6/B2E1M1.zip

Please remember that this was just a "concept" map and is not completly finished. There are some small details (missing decals, doors that dont work exactly right, missing secret area at end of map, being able to see through ceiling in secret area where binochluars are) that I never finished detailing.

Load the TF rez at startup and load the map as a multiplayer game. I used the cultist models from the Nightmare levels as an enemy so you should load Nightmares but I believe it will still work in regular B2 (you just wont see the cultists)

ALSO: I had NO PERMISSION to use anything in the map (textures...etc) from anyone from Monolith, The Transfusion Team or anyone else for that matter, this was a "proof of concept" for myself that B1 could be redone with Blood 2.

Enjoy!
:D
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Thank you, Joe. Cradle to Grave lives again.

Your conversion made me install B2 and Nightmares once more.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

predator wrote:Thank you, Joe. Cradle to Grave lives again.

Your conversion made me install B2 and Nightmares once more.

Yay! My master plan is starting to work then! :wink: :wink:

BTW:I have tried the map and REZ without loading Nightmares and it does work but without the Cultists and exploding barrels and some other world models, but it does still work :D

I recommend loading NM if u have it...
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

Good ol' Joe V. I was wondering what had happened to that little side prodject of yours. I'd love to hear some commentary on how b1 maps play on lithtech 1.0.

*Slowly uncoils from fetal position*

*Wonders why it took so long to get what he really wanted all along*
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

As far as Caleb's movement from Blood 1 , I honestly have to say that Blood 2 comes far closer to anything else I have seen in anything other than the Original Blood. Just think about it for a minute, Monolith did get most of Blood 2 right, they just never polished it off the way it should have been. Had they spent the right amount of time getting the small details right with Blood 2, it would have possibly rival-ed Blood IMO.

As far as world physics and such, Arjan's "Festival Of Blood" MOD is a great example of Blood 2's potential for coming close to Blood.
http://www.planetblood.com/fob/

Lithtech is really a very powerful and versitle engine(I know I probably spelled that wrong :D ) it's just "un-finished" in my opinion. (At least for B2, The engine was wayy more polished for NOLF)

BTW:You can thank World Of Warcraft for me not moving forward more on my Blood 2 project (gladly I am finished with that nasty habit finally)
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Lithtech is however very incompatible with some cards and also has severe fill-rate issues on older cards.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Comparison :D

leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

I prefer the original, the ground isn't so obviously tiled
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

It's the same texture, thats because it's only 4 colors and blurry :shock: