Stiking With Gasoline Rockets Are We?

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Petrol and egg-white?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

There's only one way to find out.
CHYROS
Rat

Post by CHYROS »

Actually, styrofoam is gasoline-phobic. It won't dissolve unless you add benzene. And napalm can't be stored for long, unless in a sealed container that is exactly the volume of the quantity of napalm you have (or the gas will evaporate and leave the mixture dry). You also can't simply ignite it with a match or anything, usually you have to use booster charges, which is probably the reason why napalm charges explode in blood. Usually, napalm is ignited either by using magnesium, or thermite, a mixture of aluminum powder (powdered to only tens of microns) and iron oxide (rust), which, in turn, is ignited by a magnesium ribbon or aluminum salt, like in a sparkler.

How do I know all this? I wrote an essay on it for chemistry in high school. Why an essay on napalm? Because I had to do it on a subject that was about the Vietnam War (for History) and on a subject for chemistry. Have I ever tried it? Yes, for the experiment we mixed 1 gram of polystyrene in a laboratory with acetone, and ignited it (under supervision). Was it exciting? No, not really.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

... Wow. Informative. Now I'm afraid of you as well. But then, I'm a fairly harmless pyromaniac. Whatever.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

CHYROS wrote:...unless you add benzene...
Don't forget, kids: BENZENE is solvent which is known to increase the risk of AML, or "acute myelogenous leukemia". Don't forget to sue.
F**king TV commercials...

-Slink
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

CHYROS wrote:Actually, styrofoam is gasoline-phobic. It won't dissolve unless you add benzene. And napalm can't be stored for long, unless in a sealed container that is exactly the volume of the quantity of napalm you have (or the gas will evaporate and leave the mixture dry). You also can't simply ignite it with a match or anything, usually you have to use booster charges, which is probably the reason why napalm charges explode in blood. Usually, napalm is ignited either by using magnesium, or thermite, a mixture of aluminum powder (powdered to only tens of microns) and iron oxide (rust), which, in turn, is ignited by a magnesium ribbon or aluminum salt, like in a sparkler.

How do I know all this? I wrote an essay on it for chemistry in high school. Why an essay on napalm? Because I had to do it on a subject that was about the Vietnam War (for History) and on a subject for chemistry. Have I ever tried it? Yes, for the experiment we mixed 1 gram of polystyrene in a laboratory with acetone, and ignited it (under supervision). Was it exciting? No, not really.
You should make napalm lanchers and sell them too the blood community :lol:
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

omg, yes, if we want anarchy and chaos.!

hang about ... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

i know 8 ways to make napalm :twisted:
and since we are on Explosives i got the knowhow to make Hellhoffit M, Sullivanit, Semtex H, Nitroglycerin, and a specal mix that can make a 33Lbs stone fly quite a bit up in the sky :twisted:
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

oh, do share :D
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

that special heavy explosive is just Diesel fuel with som maneur that has alot of hydrogen (tripple-bound hydrogen?) anyways, mix REALLY carefully or that stuff is going to blow =D

>_< it appears that my textfile has lost the part on makin nitroglycerin...
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

awwwww.

But wouldnt it be cool to make a real napalm launcher . . . :twisted:
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Sshhtt... George is listening in...
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

and?

He might want to buy some :lol:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

r_cain wrote:and?

He might want to buy some :lol:
***Take some.***
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Napalm (Standard)

Description: Simple, simple, simple... and better performing than most.

Materials: Undissolvable (gasoline won't dissolve them) containers (Glass pilot jars, pop cans, and 1-gallon paint cans are your best bet), ample amount of gasoline, and compressed-sphere styrofoam (little spherical bits tend to flake off when it's broken).

Procedure:

1. Take your gasoline and fill the (we'll assume) jars approximately 3/4 of the way full (space must be allowed for foam dissovling and expansion)

2. Take styrofoam and break into pieces that fit in the jar, and begin to insert them into the gasoline, giving them time to dissolve completely.

3. Feed styrofoam until the mix becomes a very slick gel and absolutely refuses to eat anymore.

4. (This is the part which makes it higher quality than others) Allow the mixture to sit for 3-5 days, away from water or rain.

5. After mixture has set (i.e. hard layer on top, possible visible seperation of water and gel), take a rod or stick and jab a hole through the hard layer on top. Then drain all the water that has formed on the bottom, and now you have a good napalm mixture, though you may want to mix it a bit more to get it loosened and gelled again.

Napalm (Improved/Ultra-Thick)

Description: Very thick and strong napalm mix

Materials: Same as Standard Napalm, except substitute styrofoam insulation (i.e. the pink, ultra-tough stuff) for regular styrofoam

Procedure: Same as Standard Napalm, except substitute styrofoam insulation (i.e. the pink, ultra-tough stuff) for regular styrofoam (I am uncertain if it needs a few days to set; mine set for a month)

N (Fun Variant)

Description: A fun variant, though not too useful.

Materials: Same as either Standard or Ultra Napalm, flour. Optional: Cinnamon, spices, etc.

Procedure: Same as either Standard or Ultra Napalm, except, while mixing, start adding a good quantity of flour and optional spices before it is too gelled. Mix for a while and add styrofoam or flour as needed until thick.

NOTE: To spice it up, and this is my favourite: use standard recipe with some orange juice added...

Enjoy!