Welcome to the Suggestions box

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Welcome to the Suggestions box

Post by Daedalus »

Welcome to the TransFusion Suggestion Box! Please post suggestions concerning the TransFusion project here.

This one will p*** Willis off - not one but two spelling errors here!
Change "Sugestions" to "Suggestions" and "Somthing" to "Something".

:oops:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Yarr! That'd be my bit of linguistic briliance there.
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

:arrow: I have came up with some!

1) There should be an option in the menu to play SP Deathmatch//CTF, cuz some people may be waay too dumb to know how to acsess and play Deathmatch with bots...
2) The menu should be redesigned... not to be soo Quakeish...
3) The transfusion site needs more attention, update the news and stuff...
-ED
Cabal member

Post by -ED »

totally agee! especially with menu suggestion.
i even thought something similar. i think we should add something like 'Botmatch' option. so that menu is something like:
Single player
Multiplayer
Botmatch
or include botmatch inside SP or MP menus.
redesigning the menu into Blood-style would also be great...
and may be status bar somehow?
however i guess things like that are better to do on last stages, when engine would be prety stable. untill Lordhavoc starts to code for TF especially... i guess?
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

The main reason the menu is the way it is now is because there is nobody to change it. I've done some very rudimentary testing stuff with it, such as getting Single Player to launch an SP game, but there is nobody to go into the engine (where the menu currently resides) and sort it out into a format that the game wants. Same thing applies to the HUD.

A Botmatch option might be good inside the Multiplayer menu, but then maybe people should read the manual (at least, they should read it when I remember to include it :oops: )
John91783
Rat

Post by John91783 »

can we get a shoutbox in this forum!!!!! then we could chat with other members on the board @ the sametime 8) 8)
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Our forum does not generate enough constant traffic to justify such a thing. And still, irc is a better realtime chat solution.

We encourage anybody to idle or chat in our public irc channel located on irc.gamesurge.net channel #qblood
[url]irc://irc.gamesurge.net/#qblood[/url] <- quicklink
Sweetheart

Post by Sweetheart »

If it is quite likely that for example the Single Player never gets going on this project, then I would like to suggest that within the Multiplayer menu you have an option for Split/screen 2 - 4 players deathmatch.
I say this because, what if someone were to port this to the Xbox. Imagine how unlikely it would be to find other players on at the same time on Xbox LIVE. So it would be great to be able to play it against your friends in your own living room.

What do you think?
Bloodite
Cultist

Post by Bloodite »

If it was on xbox, being on live is next to rediculous seeming as you have to have a modded box to play burnt games/emulators/whatnot and as soon as you do that on live... bam, no live no more, so its pointless, xlink or direct link would be more of an idea worth exploring.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

The odds of Transfusion being ported to something the likes of Xbox are near those of a single player version of Blood 3 being released in the next 5 years :P

Xbox is a D3D based console, Transfusion is OpenGL, a lot of work would be needed to modify rendering code, not to mention straight engine incompatability. Right now, about the only console capable of porting Transfusion is DreamCast I think.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I beleve Sony's reality engine or whatever it is, is almost OpenGL.