Single Player Progress

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

alien8d

Single Player Progress

Post by alien8d »

Ive tested out the MP transfusion and got to say.. wow!! this look frigin great, but like a few posts before mine I was really wanting a single player GL version. I saw a post dated laster year about how its coming together but was wondering how its going now. I love the original blood game and would love to have it rerendered and redone.. just as jdoom and zquake have re opened my old dos game playing days simply because of how the have been rendered i would love to see this one done too.
Wish you guys all the luck and hope the single player is out soon
Thanks for all you contributions and stick with it

_-^N8^-_
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Thanks for your support.
Single player is our main goal, we want to have the first episode ready for 1.1 release although it's hard to say now when you can expect it. We're working on it though, give us some time and I hope we'll all be shooting cultists and zombies again.
Roland the Gunslinger
Rat

Post by Roland the Gunslinger »

are any of single-player levels done? if they are, why aren't they posted?
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Roland the Gunslinger wrote:are any of single-player levels done? if they are, why aren't they posted?
AFAIK single player is meant to be included in the next beta release. But they did posted a few shots of E1M1 with enemies as well as E1M2 (?).

BTW. Hail Gunslinger! Ever seen the Dark Tower?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Single player support is currently suspended. We are still retooling. The animated models are currently being redone using the UT2 model format and the maps are being redone using the Q3BSP. Once that is finished, SP development will resume.
Roland the Gunslinger
Rat

Jethro wrote:
Roland the Gunslinger wrote:are any of single-player levels done? if they are, why aren't they posted?
AFAIK single player is meant to be included in the next beta release. But they did posted a few shots of E1M1 with enemies as well as E1M2 (?).

BTW. Hail Gunslinger! Ever seen the Dark Tower?
hail! ofc

@DustyStyx

it's nice that you're still working, but wouldn't it be faster if you posted map after map for beta testing? i know i would like to play blood in 3d, and be more than happy to report any glitches or differences.
i'd like to help in development too, but have little experiance with modeling. what programs are you using for modeling?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Roland,

I'm not really in a position to comment about map development. That's more of a Predator's department. He was going to release a mapping tutorial for that sort of thing a while back. I'm not sure how far he's come with it.

Kazashi has been our modeler for a long long time. He'd have more information about it. But you could use any modeling program your comfortable with so long as it can export to the md3 and psk/psa forms. Many programs have plug-ins or export scripts for that sort of thing.

For skinning, I will either use the uPaint tool included with the UT2003/4 CDs (for the psk/psa models). Or I will use JMD3 for the md3 format. To actually draw with I will use PSP7 or GIMP depending on what I need to do. I hear that Photoshop program is some what capable as well :P

Let me know what you want to do. I've got a few models you could probably play around with if you'd like.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Well, the question was about modelling so I didn't answer as it's not my department, but if anyone wants to help with mapping I'll be happy to welcome some fresh blood.
Just contact me and we'll see what kind of assignment you could take.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

There was a question in there about the release practices of our maps, I was just being helpful.
Roland the Gunslinger
Rat

yeah, well i'd like to play some of those maps. test them too. i've played alot of blood (and still do) so i think i could be useful regarding the maps themseleves.
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

I'll clear up a little bit of the detail. We're not currently retooling as such, but some of the earlier models are still being rebuilt to look more like their Blood counterparts.

We use the MD3 file format for static objects (pickups, map objects), and the PSK/PSA format from Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 for animated objects (weapons, monsters). Any monsters we currently have, or have been done over the past couple of years, are in this format, as are most of the weapons.

What program to use? Anything which supports those formats really.

Single player is going to be some time away. Our next slated release is 1.05, which will be a much improved version of the deathmatch-only 1.01. When that is done we can start putting SP content back in and working on the episodes.