Transfusion Needs Single Player Update

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Goregasmic Genocide
Rat

Transfusion Needs Single Player Update

Post by Goregasmic Genocide »

First off, I’m not whining or telling you guys how to do your stuff...
But Multiplayer probably should have been made after Single Player, not before it.
Why not release a early version?... I see that screenshot of that Zombie with a hedge in the background, and a Tommy Gun, why don’t you just release what you have, and include the Monsters?. The project looks really cool, but it really needs single player.

Also I was wondering if your going to include models of the corpses that are nailed to the walls. Or if your just going to have them painted on the wall like they are?... I think they should be modeled.

And are you guys planning on doing the Plasma Pack and Cryptic Passage as well?

The project looks incredible, great graphics along with the classical feel of Blood, just as it should be. Nobody would have guessed that Blood would have looked so good... keep up the good work guys, I’m really looking forward to seeing a Single Player release of Blood Transfusion.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

actually, i must agree with this person :D

although, the MP is somewhat good but laggy as hell, it defenetly needs the SP
mouth
Acolyte

Re: Transfusion Needs Single Player Update

Post by mouth »

Goregasmic Genocide wrote: Also I was wondering if your going to include models of the corpses that are nailed to the walls. Or if your just going to have them painted on the wall like they are?... I think they should be modeled.
Of course they'll be models, that's the whole point of this project. Where in the game did you see sprites and not models? :roll:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Goregasmic Genocide: Welcome to the forum.

We did release an alpha version of sorts to the forum, but the link is kinda buried so I'll repost it here: 1.1 Alpha 3.5

Yes we plan on making models for the various bodies laying around, most are done already. Sift through the various Showcase threads to get an idea of what we have done so far.

The plan is that things which are clearly 3D will made into models. 2D-ish things like paintings, and light switches will more than likely be converted into decals though they may receive a normal mapping treatment, depending on how far we we get.

Level architecture will probably be done well before the actual content will be finished for it. So the finished product may be a while yet.

Onto the subject of SinglePlayer. If we held off for single player Transfusion may never have seen the light of day. Once the weapons were functioning and we had a few maps, there really wasn't much of a reason NOT to release it as an BloodBath only release.
Goregasmic Genocide
Rat

thanks Cruaich

and thank you for the links

Transfusion is going to rock from the sound of things
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

There was some speculation-daydreaming about a "nostalgia option" that would allow oldschool graphics, like sprite enemies, items, weapons, etc. :)
-Slink
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

then the game would be alot bigger since you have to make everything twice.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Not quite, but that is somewhat true. There would be more code, and more content, but different, not the same code or content of course.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

exactly... but it could be done as a mod or addon so that you get to choose if you want it or not :)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

If I may quote myself,
Slink wrote:There was some speculation-daydreaming about a "nostalgia option"...
Note that I said "Option." The intent would be to include it with the game. Sure it could be kept as a separate addition, if space is REALLY that much of an issue. I don't even know if it will be created at this point.

On that note, I am finally done with this semester, so I would like to finally look at some code and some maps! :)

-Slink
Goregasmic Genocide
Rat

I think it's a very good idea
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

The logic behind finishing Bloodbath first is based upon shared assets. Bloodbath requires engine, player code, physics, base game logic, the weapons and items, and bloodbath maps.

Essentially, if all of Transfusion is 100%, getting Bloodbath done is, from a coding perspective about 50% done, from a mapping perspective about 10%, from a models perspective around 20% done, so on and so forth. The simple thing is completing Bloodbath first gives a semi-completed product which is also part of the singleplayer workload, and thus finishing Bloodbath first is nonetheless working on singleplayer simultaneously. It just gives us something to play until then =)

Nice name BTW.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Beautifully put. (The simultaneous thing.)

AFA the Nostalgia Option, that is obviously post-production. Not 'til the end would such a thing come to be.

-Slink
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

That WAS beautifully but, and that IS a nice name. Just agreeing, but I've got more to say.

I tried out that alpha, and I have to say, for what this project is, it felt great playing it and actually getting a remotely playable SP game. Sure, the game still feels a little weird. Sure, crouching is sudden and that's kinda odd. Sure, the familiar poppable corpse wasn't there to greet me. But just exploding a zombie for the first time in 3D brought a warm fuzzy feeling. That might just be the blood splatter, though... :twisted:

On a side note, E5M1?! When the hell was that map made? Am I just forgetting that it was in there already or was that a new bit?
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

IDK why but the MP server is really laggy :(
that kind of sucks because it becomes about 1000 times harder to kill those darn bots and even moving in a proper manner is hard, you move like a pregnant and superdrunk yak